Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

StillPatient said:
Recd. the Receipt notices for my 485 and my spouses 485/EAD/AP.

RD: 07/17/2006, ND: 07/18/2006 for all.

Got them as PDF attachments from my attorney.

Returned home to find the biometrics appo in my mail!

After registering all of these at the USCIS WebSite, saw an LUD on all of 07/21/2006, must be the date they sent out the bio appo letters, just a wild guess.

On the whole was a great day!

Any advice/suggestions for the biometrics appo are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
-StillPatient

Make sure you get there on time:)

One thing which surprised me over there was the A#. Didnt know I had one. Luckily the lawyer answered my txt message :) with the A#

overboard said:
Make sure you get there on time:)

One thing which surprised me over there was the A#. Didnt know I had one. Luckily the lawyer answered my txt message :) with the A#

Thanks Overboard for the advice, I will certainly be there on time.

Abt the A#(Alien #). If you have not applied EAD earlier you will not have one. So if u dont have one they assign one when u apply for 485.

In my case I did not have one, my spouse had one because of her earlier EAD.

Iam nt sure other than EAD where they apply one, though.

-StillPatient

StillPatient said:
Any advice/suggestions for the biometrics appo are welcome.
-StillPatient

Hi StillPatient,

Congratulations and good luck with the biometrics appointment. I posted a pretty detailed account of our bio visit a while ago in this thread, but from my perspective, your experience greatly depends on which AOS you end up going to. For instance, smaller and more rural AOS centers I think may offer a better experience altogether than a larger busier one.

For us, we've been living in a largely rural northern new england state for the past eleven years, and it was good to see that the laid back and very friendly culture permeated to the AOS center as well. Our appointments were slated for 9.30 AM, and we ended up getting there way too early, an hour early as a matter of fact. We figured we'd try our luck at getting the bio done earlier, and sure enough, we were all done before our slated appointment start time. It was a very good experience and the staff were really helpful and friendly.

I'm certain that you shall have a similar experience. The key thing like overboard suggested, is to get there on time and remember to carry the appointment notice and a photo ID with you. Being paranoid as I am, I carried everything I thought we'd need and then some.

StillPatient said:
Abt the A#(Alien #). If you have not applied EAD earlier you will not have one. So if u dont have one they assign one when u apply for 485.
-StillPatient

Correct. The A number is issued as soon as you file for Adjustment of Status (485). As soon as you get said number, your status is 'Applicant for Adjustment of Status for Permanent Residency' or something like that...hence the "A" in A-number.

StillPatient said:
Thanks Overboard for the advice, I will certainly be there on time.

In my case I did not have one, my spouse had one because of her earlier EAD.

Iam nt sure other than EAD where they apply one, though.

-StillPatient

Still,

Take a look at the biometrics notice (usually goes to the lawyer). That should have an A#.

It never goes to the lawyer !

overboard said:
Still,

Take a look at the biometrics notice (usually goes to the lawyer). That should have an A#.
Thats incorrect. 485 related notices are always sent to the beneficiary.

Brittany Spears said:
not necessarily.My biometrics appt notice came to my residence but my rfe for 485 went to the lawyer directly.
Well, I'll know soon enough, but the bio notice went to my attorney and did not come to me at all. I googled around and the RFEs apparently go to the lawyers....

update -

Got our EAD cards on saturday for both me and my wife. We also finished our finger printing on saturday. It was pretty smooth. Were in and out in 30 mins.
Had an LUD this morning on the 485. I guess that is the finger printing update.

Now I guess its just a waiting game for AP and 485. Hopefully they get thru soon too.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
navneet
hey wht abt 140???is that approved too???

navneetsharma said:
update -

Got our EAD cards on saturday for both me and my wife. We also finished our finger printing on saturday. It was pretty smooth. Were in and out in 30 mins.

Now I guess its just a waiting game for AP and 485. Hopefully they get thru soon too.

Cheers!

navneetsharma said:
update -

Cheers!
Way cool! Navneet, this is excellent. Congratulations! Yup, now the waiting game commences.

On that note, I'm still waiting to hear about the RFE, I don't know if its reached the attorneys yet. I live one state over from St. Albans..would have been so much nicer if they'd send it to me instead of traversing 7 states to the attorneys...oh well.

Some status info please

ks_cc, vikram77, pururwa

A small request, I could not find the RD,ND,LUD,AD on ur EAD,AP,and485.

Appologies in advance if u have and I missed it. I have searched this forum.

Iam just trying to get a feel of the # of days to approval for each (approx avg.)

ks_cc I found ur 485 RD and ND only.

Thanks in advance.

-StillPatient

Thanks guys. I surely seem to have covered some lost time. I believe the fact being that in my case, the AILA liaison got the receipt date accepted as back dated to the first time they had sent back my application. That has made the difference I guess. If you notice, my RD is May 10th and my ND is July 12th.

Also, from what I am seeing in the forums - TSC seems to be moving much faster. Hopefully the trend shows on 485 also.

StillPatient said:
ks_cc, vikram77, pururwa

Iam just trying to get a feel of the # of days to approval for each (approx avg.)

ks_cc I found ur 485 RD and ND only.

Thanks in advance.

-StillPatient

Hey Still, here's all I have. Maybe I ought to add it to my signature now.

EB2
140 RD:6/30/2006
140 ND:7/12/2006
140 LUD:7/12 - 7/24 - 7/25/2006
485/EAD/AP - no receipt yet

RFE on my 485

Hi all,

I got an RFE on my 485.

Any guess guys wht it could be?

My wifes 485 LUD also changed to 08/01/2006, but the message did not change.

Waiting for the letter to come, so that I get to know the details.

Attorney said the letter will come to them, but they might by mistake send it to me.

-StillPatient

StillPatient said:
ks_cc, vikram77, pururwa
Iam just trying to get a feel of the # of days to approval for each (approx avg.) ks_cc I found ur 485 RD and ND only.
Thanks in advance.
-StillPatient

Hi StillPatient,
Here are my details. All are VSC.

I-140: RD - Feb 22 2006 ND - Mar 02 2006 AD - May 09 2006
BIOMETRICS: ND - Apr 12 2006 Appointment Date - Apr 21 2006
EAD (Self & Spouse): RD - Mar 24 2006 ND - Apr 7 2006 AD - May 17 2006
AP (Self & Spouse): RD - Mar 24 2006 ND - Apr 7 2006 AD - May 18 2006
I-485 (Self): RD - Mar 24 2006 ND - Apr 7 2006 LUD - Jul 09 2006
I-485 (Spouse): RD - Mar 24 2006 ND - Apr 7 2006 LUD - Jul 17 2006, Jul 27 2006 (RFE)