Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

ks_cc said:
Yeah, I didn't think so, but needed independent confirmation...kind of freaked me out. Really sucks for these folks.

true.. probablly next mth dates will be available again for EB2 India and it would start moving again too after the new quota is released in Oct..

485 Lud

Folks

I see a LUD of 7/18 on one of the two I-485 applications. No change in message. Wonder what that is.

ks_cc said:
Folks

I see a LUD of 7/18 on one of the two I-485 applications. No change in message. Wonder what that is.

KS, that's great news... good to see some kind of movement... I was begining to think our applications were packed away... keep us updated..

good luck..
radd

Yeah KS you give us all hope...

Now that the India category is shut down you would expect them to work on the other categories and make progress.. Maybe this is the week...

overboard said:
Yeah KS you give us all hope...

Now that the India category is shut down you would expect them to work on the other categories and make progress.. Maybe this is the week...
Its interesting that only one of the two 485s (my wife's application) show an LUD. Dunno what this means? Maybe the security check for one got cleared...who knows...might be routine processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ks_cc said:
Its interesting that only one of the two 485s (my wife's application) show an LUD. Dunno what this means? Maybe the security check for one got cleared...who knows...might be routine processing.

Just called VSC... Found out that both our name checks and BC check are not cleared yet... :( .. Don't know whether this is a generic reply.. sounded like.. Both of us called at different times and same reply...

radd

Last edited by a moderator:
radd said:
Just called VSC... Found out that both our name checks and BC check are not cleared yet... :( .. Don't know whether this is a generic reply.. sounded like.. Both of us called at different times and same reply...

radd
Oh...I didn't realize that you could ask about that...you called VSC or the National Cust Service number?

ks_cc said:
Oh...I didn't realize that you could ask about that...you called VSC or the National Cust Service number?

NCS and get transfered to VSC..
do you have the no?

radd

CC Question

Hey Guys,

Am new to this cross chargeability concept but am hoping you guys can clear my confusion. Iam an indian citizen on H1B and my wife is a U.K citizen by birth on a dependent H4 visa. I filed for my labor under the EB2 category (MS+2) and am waiting for an approval (its been 120 days already @#$#$).

Once the labor is approved, would I be able to file for I140/I485 concurrently using my wifes U.K citizenship as the country of chargeability ? Is there any additional complication i.e. paperwork involved in that ..other than her B.C and marriage certification, if so then I can probably start collecting all that in advance.

Thanks everyone for your help!

radd said:
NCS and get transfered to VSC..
do you have the no?

radd
Nope....I'm betting that the LUD on my wife's case was probably triggered by a successful security check. I guess they're waiting on for mine now...

passcore said:
Hey Guys,

Am new to this cross chargeability concept but am hoping you guys can clear my confusion. Iam an indian citizen on H1B and my wife is a U.K citizen by birth on a dependent H4 visa. I filed for my labor under the EB2 category (MS+2) and am waiting for an approval (its been 120 days already @#$#$).

Once the labor is approved, would I be able to file for I140/I485 concurrently using my wifes U.K citizenship as the country of chargeability ? Is there any additional complication i.e. paperwork involved in that ..other than her B.C and marriage certification, if so then I can probably start collecting all that in advance.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Passcore, I think you've got all the major requirements covered. Good luck, welcome to the thread and keep us posted. Good idea to start getting all the paperwork in order, so you can file as soon as your labor comes in.

ks_cc said:
Nope....I'm betting that the LUD on my wife's case was probably triggered by a successful security check. I guess they're waiting on for mine now...

makes sense... then..

radd

Went through the entire thread since yesterday and I have to say it cleared a lot of confusions that I had. I guess the most difficult part (well ..maybe the wait afterwards is more painful), is to get the I-485 accepted by the service center. I got the cover letter format and the stuff that I need to look out for in the application form so hopefully ill be back in a couple of days with more questions about the application...
Like I said...am still waiting for my Labor to get approved in EB2 and its already been 120+ days..

passcore said:
Went through the entire thread since yesterday and I have to say it cleared a lot of confusions that I had. I guess the most difficult part (well ..maybe the wait afterwards is more painful), is to get the I-485 accepted by the service center. I got the cover letter format and the stuff that I need to look out for in the application form so hopefully ill be back in a couple of days with more questions about the application...
Like I said...am still waiting for my Labor to get approved in EB2 and its already been 120+ days..

I would have to agree. Its a little worrying too - I've been waiting for the receipts after filing 20 days ago. Hoping they dont return the papers.

I have filed my 140 and 485 using CC last week. And I found that all the checks have been cashed by USCIS which I think is a good sign. What my lawyer did is adding an orange cover sheet(the whole sheet is orange) stating this is a cc case in big and bold font. And she also write down in red on the margin of 485 form that the visa number will be charged to my spous' country. I got lots of help from this thread. I hope my expereince will help other people.

wondering

wondering99 said:
I have filed my 140 and 485 using CC last week. And I found that all the checks have been cashed by USCIS which I think is a good sign. What my lawyer did is adding an orange cover sheet(the whole sheet is orange) stating this is a cc case in big and bold font. And she also write down in red on the margin of 485 form that the visa number will be charged to my spous' country. I got lots of help from this thread. I hope my expereince will help other people.

wondering
Wondering, it sounds like you have a well-informed and helpful attorney. If they've encashed the checks, you can be rest assured that they have accepted the applications. You're good to go and I think you should be getting the receipts pretty soon. Also keep an eye out for the biometrics appt notice. I got our bio appt notice one day before they had actually scheduled us for the appointment, so we had to scramble a little, albeit, it was less than 40 minutes away, so it wasn't a big deal. Earlier in this thread I gave my experience at the bio appt, and since we live in a mostly rural small northern state, the whole process was a breeze...others have had differing experiences with larger AOS centers.

LUD changed on Sat July 22 on I-140 & I-131

Hello All,
the LUD for my I-140 changed on sat 22 with no msg change, many other people also experienced the same on their I-140. To my surprise LUD changed for my I-131 also which was already approved back in April. Have you guys experienced anything like this in the past? Is there some kind of maintenance going on at NSC? Is there anything I should be alarmed about.

I-140 with NSC FD: 04/05/06 ND: 04/06/06

That's great Navneet.

I guess I'm going to have to go through what you did. I've got the 140 receipt but no news of the 485's - receipts or returns. I've asked the attorney to check if the checks have been cashed but dealing with them is something else ! It's almost been a month since CIS got the applications - just wondering why it hasnt come back yet. Any ideas anyone?

Hey All

Just got the 485 back from NSC saying no visa dates available. I'm going to see if I can have my attorney do what Navneet's did - I dont count on her being able to do anything by herself considering her track record so I'm a little apprehensive.