Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

if u have followed all the steps in your application process dont worry..
my withdrawal was not related to cross-chargibility criteria..just
some issues with the lc/140 steps

dbins,

Did you ever travel on your first AP?

Question is if you re-enter on AP and you still have a valid h1 would re-applying 485 invalidate your status?

One last question on EAD - Can you take up any job (any profession) on your EAD for PTE while you maintain the FTE with your sponsor employer on the original job position mentioned on the labor/I140/I485?

Thanks in advance!

Hello WellWisher
Yes, as soon as you utilize your EAD, regardless in what capacity, this invalidates your H1-B.
Hope this helps
k

The attorney received I-140 receipt notice which was applied through premium last week. However, the attorney did not receive receipt notices on the I485/I131/I765. Is this normal?

Also, please provide the link to check status on my I-140 case online through my case # received.

Thanks in advance!

One last question on EAD - Can you take up any job (any profession) on your EAD for PTE while you maintain the FTE with your sponsor employer on the original job position mentioned on the labor/I140/I485?

Thanks in advance!
Yup, I think akin to actually having a green card, you are free to work in whatever avenue you wish. I've personally considered flipping burgers :)

The attorney received I-140 receipt notice which was applied through premium last week. However, the attorney did not receive receipt notices on the I485/I131/I765. Is this normal?

Also, please provide the link to check status on my I-140 case online through my case # received.

Thanks in advance!
Hmm...although there's no hard and fast rule that all receipts should have come in at the same time, do check on the status of whether the checks for the other applications have been encashed. Since you went the premium route on the 140, they may issue receipts for these cases much faster than the other applications. Since the other apps haven't been sent back with the 140 receipt, I assume things are good for you, wherein, the CC has been accepted. Its only been a week, and receipt notices have been known to take 2-3 weeks or more to be with you.
Here's the USCIS link:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp
Click on the register button on the left nav bar to create a CUSTOMER portfolio for yourself. Once thats done, the web page interface is quite intuitive and self explanatory.

That was quick! Congrats Wellwisher!

Since I'm moving in a slight phase lag with you (everything sounds similar about our cases: NSC, EB2, Premium 140, 485/131/765 via CC etc.), hope I get mine in a few days too :)

If you have received the receipt for I140 already, expect your I140 approval within 2-3 business days, unless there is an RFE.

Good luck!
That was quick! Congrats Wellwisher!

Since I'm moving in a slight phase lag with you (everything sounds similar about our cases: NSC, EB2, Premium 140, 485/131/765 via CC etc.), hope I get mine in a few days too :)

Hi Guys,

Don't know if my previous message made it to the forum or not.
I have been following the Cross Chargeability thread silently for all this time.
I noticed that lately there hasn't been any I-485 approval using CC. I also see that some of you have confirmed that your applications are stuck in name check, however there are others like Vikram_77 who haven't updated their status.
I am pretty sure NSC is not processing the application since it sees that PD is not current.
What can be done to remedy this situation? I remember william_tt had sent a couple of letters to NSC about it. Does anyone have the format of those letters?

Thanks,
Manas

Hi Guys,

Don't know if my previous message made it to the forum or not.
I have been following the Cross Chargeability thread silently for all this time.
I noticed that lately there hasn't been any I-485 approval using CC. I also see that some of you have confirmed that your applications are stuck in name check, however there are others like Vikram_77 who haven't updated their status.
I am pretty sure NSC is not processing the application since it sees that PD is not current.
What can be done to remedy this situation? I remember william_tt had sent a couple of letters to NSC about it. Does anyone have the format of those letters?

Thanks,
Manas

Hello Manas and welcome aboard. I bet StillPatient would probably add you to his tracker sheet.
Yes, there has been a dearth of approvals since Brittany several moons ago. I don't attribute it to the Service Centers overlooking the priority date. I can only speak to myself, and I can confirm that I'm stuck in name check, well, as the primary applicant, I am, but my wife is clear, so that holds up approval of both the 485s. Now, the person closest to my date at VSC was Radd, and we miss him, but he had mentioned that he and his wife were stuck in name check as well. Dbins was the other, but he has since refiled with NSC.
Prez asked the same question a few days ago, and my opinion is that as soon as you know for certain that your name check has been cleared, via Infopass appointments, or via your elected representatives, you can take the william route and crank up your efforts in sending letters to the Service Center. At that point, it would also behoove you to involve your congresspersons or your senators. The latter is especially true if your application has been delayed past their normal processing times, and past their published processing dates.
Also consider individuals who have used CC, but are not members of this forum, or those who haven't been members, but subsquently post their approval...there was an individual who did so a few months ago...I believe after Brittanys approval....I think his user Id was gotgcusingcc or something...NSC if memory serves me right.

Last edited by a moderator: