Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

dolly74..

Read some time back on this forum..that somebody got the EAD from local Ins Denver even before 90 days....u can search on this forum...I am not sure how it works...But after 90 days...People saywe can go and get it showing the recipts..485 and EAD.

parshu

You are lucky because you are in Denver, you can get your EAD on the same day with the 485 receipt. My firend there told me.

Lao-Yi

Originally posted by dolly75
Is is possible to get the EAD from the Local INS (I am in Denver) ,while I-140 is still pending.

Please let me know ,if anyone has obtained the EAD from the local ins(Denver) with the receipt notice of I-485.

please respond.

thanks

Thanks Lao-Yi ,Parshu for the response ,I will try to obtain the EAD from the local INS office and will inform the forum about my experience.

Thanks again for responding!

?? Question

Has anyone in this forum filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently (I know every one did this) and got thier EAD after I-140 approval? If so how long did it take?

My I-140 got approved on 11/12/2002 and my I-485 ND is 09/13/2002.

Please reply

KM-MP..
140 RD 07/05
AD-11/07

485- RD 9/03
ND 9/13

Applied for only spouse EAD. RD 9/03
ND 9/13
But no Approval yet for the EAD.

I called up my attorney today for my I 140 status and he had asked me to call me directly the INS office.

I did the same and called INS and talked to IIO. She said she would talk about i140 only either to the Employer or the attorney and she put the phone down. So, still in the same status.

I 140 EB3 pending since Aug 06th. Sent to INS in the last week of JUly.

I 140

Indiagirl,
Usually it is your attorney who is supposed to call for I 140 i donot know ehy your attorney asked you to call but
they should call to enquire , i think atleast for I 140 cause it is an employer application:)

Hi, you all,

Notice day 140/485/EAD is Oct.26, 2002. My I-140 was approved on Nov.7,2002. Today I get some info online for my I-765 but I can't understand it. please provide me with your experience and comments.

"On November 14, 2002, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Processing normally takes between 90 and 120 days. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. "

On the receipt, it says it will take 90-120 days. why still need 90-120 days after approving.

your reply will be highly appreciated.

yager

RE YAGER

Yager,

The online and avm system always says that when ur EAD is approved , you will receive your EAD card in mail in a week time also this status will change to the following

" This case has been approved. On Nov ------, 2002, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

So dont worry Cheer up ur EAD is approved now

Have fun and take care
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 Approve

At last my I-140 got approved yesterday! I was worried because of the RFE on my I140. As for concurrent filers, we don’t have enough data yet to make any educated guess about the time frame of when INS will approve an I140 case after thy get the response of RFE back.

So far I know, only two of us I140 has been approved from this forum after issuance of a RFE. For both of us it took less then a month to approve after INS get our response back!
Basically, getting a RFE means – you will fall behind by a month.

Here is my detail –
I140 RD – 8/19
ND – 8/22
RFE – 10/7
RFE response received by INS – 10/19
Approved – 11/14

So guys with RFE, don’t worry - hang on there and you turn will surly come next. Shahin, don’t get tensed, you will be fine.

Thanks!

mmggdd,

thanks for your info. Perhaps I need to ask my lawyer.

HaveBeenWaiting,

congratulations!

yager

Company Sold

My I-140 got approved last week and also had my FP done. Now my company is taken over by another company. Wil this take over affect me? If so how?
:confused:

FYI

Guys Remember that I told you I had to send the ORiginal Marksheets and Degree for 140 RFE. I got them back. just for info if somebody have to send anything in original to INS , they will send you back. no issues.CHECK WITH YOUR LAWYER WHAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO SEND ORIGINAL.

I got them back in 1 week of my approval

Congrats HaveBeenwaiting

Hi yager:

What is your RD ? Mine ND is Oct 25, 2002 and have no info yet.

Thanks

haibo

Originally posted by yager
Hi, you all,

Notice day 140/485/EAD is Oct.26, 2002. My I-140 was approved on Nov.7,2002. Today I get some info online for my I-765 but I can't understand it. please provide me with your experience and comments.

"On November 14, 2002, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Processing normally takes between 90 and 120 days. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. "

On the receipt, it says it will take 90-120 days. why still need 90-120 days after approving.

your reply will be highly appreciated.

yager

optimystic

My lawyer filed my I-140 and I-1485 with my original labor certification letter,as it was lost in the mail.

My applications were returned back twice from INS,both the times for the same reason,on the third attempt my lawyer sent the applications directly to the INS director,attaching the memorandom issued by INS.

Talked with the INS officer last week,they seem to pullup all my applications(140/485/ead/ap),I hope I will receieve the receipt numbers soon.

Below was the response from my lawyer in this regard:

"
This recent INS guideline ,was issued immediately after the new procedures allowing for simultaneous filing of the I-140 and the I-485. This guideline provides that the original labor certification must included in I-140/I-485 filings.

On August 22, 2002, our attorneys' association (AILA) had the following exchange with the national headquarters of the INS (ISD):

There is one situation in which an I-140 petition would be properly filed without the required Labor Certification. This would be where the Labor Certification is lost and the I-140 petition is filed with a request that INS ask DOL to issue a duplicate Certification. Can we designate a way for these I-140 petitions to be identified (i.e., with a colored sheet of paper as a cover indicating a request to INS to seek a duplicate Labor Certification from DOL) in order to insure that these I-140 petitions are not returned or denied incorrectly?

"

Thanks

Any I-140 Approval?

Any I-140 Approval?

Hi, Friends, ( M2002, HAIBO, PUNEET_GCARD)

Any I-140 approval in recent days?

I am planning to go to the local INS office to get the EAD card(Denver office).

Can someone please give me advise on the requirments, to obtain EAD from local office,I understand based on the earlier discussions on the forum that we need to take 2 Photo id cards,what else.

DO i need to fillup the EAD application again there ( one is already filed with INS and I have the receipt number for that) .

Please respond and let me know .

Thanks for the response.