Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Re: Any I-140 Approval?

Hi Mnew,

My status is still the same. "Your I140 was receoved on..........."

Waiting for the apporval.

Regards

Originally posted by mnew
Any I-140 Approval?

Hi, Friends, ( M2002, HAIBO, PUNEET_GCARD)

Any I-140 approval in recent days?

Re: Any I-140 Approval?

Hi:

Still waiting for I-140 approval. RD 10/9 ND 10/25. Maybe it is holiday season, it is getting slower. From immigration-law.com. There are 40% increase in issuing REF recently. I believe most is in Calif. Just have to hang in here.

haibo

Originally posted by mnew
Any I-140 Approval?

Hi, Friends, ( M2002, HAIBO, PUNEET_GCARD)

Any I-140 approval in recent days?

Hi folks,

Do you know if it is calendar days or work days in the estimated processing time on receipts issued by INS? Based on your experience, does such estimate mean anything at all? Thanks.

Please respond to the question I have posted today.
Thanks

"
I am planning to go to the local INS office to get the EAD card(Denver office).

Can someone please give me advise on the requirments, to obtain EAD from local office,I understand based on the earlier discussions on the forum that we need to take 2 Photo id cards,what else.

DO i need to fillup the EAD application again there ( one is already filed with INS and I have the receipt number for that) .

Please respond and let me know .

Thanks for the response.
"

New to this Forum

Hello all,

This is my first posting as a new member to this forum. My Labor petition just got Certified by Chicago DOL last week (11/14). I'm going for Concurrent filing of my I140 and I485 petitions (EB3/RIR). I have been going through your postings in this forum for the last month or so and there is a lot of very good information. It helped me a lot to get prepared for my next stage/s while I was still waiting for my LC. All of you are doing a wonderful job of sharing information.

I have quick couple of questions on filing EAD/AP and would certainly appreciate any answers from you.

1) Can I only file my spouse's (beneficiary) EAD and AP now without filing for my (Principal Applicant) EAD and AP? I still have valid H1 status till 03/2004 and my spouse's H4 status is valid till the same time.

2) Can I file my EAD and AP later (let's say 5-6 months later with my I485 receipt) either at NSC or at the INS Field office at Chicago? What impact will this have, if any, on any travel for either of us outside US?

Thanks in advance.

Re: New to this Forum

bnks,

Welcome to Concurrent filling……..

1) Yes you can file EAD/AP for your wife without applying for you(Principal Applicant ) , but If I am in your place I will apply for my (Principal Applicant) EAD , because if you have EAD you can do part time job and change employer with out H1B( Under AC 21 rule -180 days).
2) Yes you can file EAD without applying for AP( Advance Parole) , remember if you have travel plans with in 1 year then it is better to apply AP otherwise you can apply later. AP is valid only for a year.

All the best

Shashi

Originally posted by bnks
Hello all,

This is my first posting as a new member to this forum. My Labor petition just got Certified by Chicago DOL last week (11/14). I'm going for Concurrent filing of my I140 and I485 petitions (EB3/RIR). I have been going through your postings in this forum for the last month or so and there is a lot of very good information. It helped me a lot to get prepared for my next stage/s while I was still waiting for my LC. All of you are doing a wonderful job of sharing information.

I have quick couple of questions on filing EAD/AP and would certainly appreciate any answers from you.

1) Can I only file my spouse's (beneficiary) EAD and AP now without filing for my (Principal Applicant) EAD and AP? I still have valid H1 status till 03/2004 and my spouse's H4 status is valid till the same time.

2) Can I file my EAD and AP later (let's say 5-6 months later with my I485 receipt) either at NSC or at the INS Field office at Chicago? What impact will this have, if any, on any travel for either of us outside US?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Please someone from the forum let me know about the procedure to obtain EAD from local INS(denver).Please post the information .

I talked to the local office to gather the information,I am little confused if at all I can go to the local office and can get the EAD,as I have been told since my EAD application is filed at the NSC(Nebrasca Service Center) ,I have to wait till 90days(the processing time for processing such type of applications).ANd local INS will not issue the application before that time limit.

Is it possible to file EAD application with local INS again based on the I-485 receipt to get the EAD card.

Please someone respond and clarify ,as I really need EAD for my spouse.
Please guys respond

Re Dolly75

Dolly,

If i were you i will ask my lawyer for this because he will know better about this also Suggestion you can email Rajiv Khanna of immigration.com at rskhanna@immigration.com and ask him any question and he will resond back, I did the same and the best thing its free of cost.

Take care
mgd

Thanks MMGGDD for the response again.

I will post the question to Rajiv Khanna and also will take my lawyer's opinion on this.

Thanks again

Working experience vs Education

Hi All;

I have a question. Based on H1-B requirement, 3 years of related working experience equals 1 year of college education. Is the reverse also true ? That means 1/3 year ( 1 semaster ) of college level education = 1 year of working experience. If someone does not have 2 years of working experience required by LC and if these 2 years of working experience can be substituted by education, is this mean 1 year related college level course work is enough?

Thanks

haibo

haibo

Haibo,
INS becoming very picky about this. Very very. If your labor says. 2 years of minimum experience and experience can be obtained thru your education then you might persue this path what you mentioned. I doubt if it is not mentioned explicitely in your labor, They might issue an RFE at I140 label even though labor get approved. I dont want to scare you, I want you to get ready to fight this by paper.

Like my situtation. My labor says " aplicant should have experience on JAVA, XML, UNIX, ASP, JSP etc. Experience can be obtained thru education. There is no minimum time period requirement for this"

Yet, they issued me RFE asking that " provide additonal evidence that you have experience on those technologies. It must be obtained from your formal employer or present employer before the date labor certification filed. It can also include experience thru education."

Therefore, just even the education Certification (Dimploma ) was not enof. Also, they ask to obtain taht from my formal employer what I dont have any. On the other hand, I cannot obtain this from my present employer as the way you cannnot use any experience from the employer who is filing GC.

Therefore, I had only choice to take letter from school Advisor, or school supervisor who I worked for. I took only from department.

I donno what they gonna do now.

Does it explain, how picky they are??

Good Luck.

Finger Printing postponement

Hi,

I had requested for a change in FP appointment at the local INS office in Chicago. The original appointment was for 11/2 which I couldn't make and did request for a postponement well before 11/2.

Since I hadn't heard anything from the local INS, I called them the other day and requested whether I could come in anytime. They were ok provided I had the original FP notice. Luckily I had sent only one FP notice (Lawyer's copy) back to INS for postponing the appointment and had the applicant's copy with me. I did the FP with this copy the other day.

AMN

AMN

In approximately how many days one should expect the FP notice after the notice date (filed applications with INS on 23 oct-02) applications entered into the system on 13th Nov,02.

Still I have not received the FP notice.
I leaving for India last week on this month ,booked tickets already and I don't want that interfering with my finger print schedule. I just want to know the approx. date, so I can be prepare myself for the necessary arrangement.

thanks for responding!

Re: haibo

Hi Sahin:

You mention on your RFE, "present employer before the date labor certification filed". If that is the case, then I am OK since I have been working for 1 year before Labor was filed. Are you true it is written on you RFE ?

Thanks

haibo

Originally posted by Sahin
Haibo,
INS becoming very picky about this. Very very. If your labor says. 2 years of minimum experience and experience can be obtained thru your education then you might persue this path what you mentioned. I doubt if it is not mentioned explicitely in your labor, They might issue an RFE at I140 label even though labor get approved. I dont want to scare you, I want you to get ready to fight this by paper.

Like my situtation. My labor says " aplicant should have experience on JAVA, XML, UNIX, ASP, JSP etc. Experience can be obtained thru education. There is no minimum time period requirement for this"

Yet, they issued me RFE asking that " provide additonal evidence that you have experience on those technologies. It must be obtained from your formal employer or present employer before the date labor certification filed. It can also include experience thru education."

Therefore, just even the education Certification (Dimploma ) was not enof. Also, they ask to obtain taht from my formal employer what I dont have any. On the other hand, I cannot obtain this from my present employer as the way you cannnot use any experience from the employer who is filing GC.

Therefore, I had only choice to take letter from school Advisor, or school supervisor who I worked for. I took only from department.

I donno what they gonna do now.

Does it explain, how picky they are??

Good Luck.

Re Dolly75

Dolly,

Your lawyer will also get a copy for the finger print notice, just let him Know about ur plans before you go to India so that he can get the finger print resceduled if you are abroad that time

Hope it helps
mgd

I 140 rfes

I read somewhere on the message boards that a person recieved a 2nd rfe and this time about original cetificates
i am sure my attorney didnot send original certificates , do you guys know that we have to send in originals or will
copies do

Concurrent with different attorneys

Hi

I would like to file I 140 through my Employers attorney and I 485 through a different attorney. Is this possible to do concurrently?

Reason being i don't want to risk with my employers attorney to file my I 485 and my employers will not let any other attorney file for the I 140.

Guru's please help.

thank you,
Rajan