Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

anu2180

Hello,
You should not say "NO" coz you did apply for I140 once. You dont want to lie, or cheat INS.

The I-140 form has a line where they ask "Have you ever applied for I140 before". If you say NO, basicaly you are lying to INS which can be turned out a terrible consequences. Remeber INS is now 0 toleracnce organization.

Now what you can do, explain your lawer eveyhting. Your lawer will write a letter to INS explaning the reason you dont have case number as the way it never got approved and you did not have receipt notice. That will take care of the problem quite ok. It is not a big deal. By your SSN, they would be able to see the status of your previos I140.

Dont hide anything to lawer. I dont want to scare you, but help you.

Miten

That will be POE when you last I94 het issued, not this short visit from canada. Offcourse, I am not a lawer, but thats what it appears to me.

Hello All,

Can I get EAD from local INS office? I did not apply for EAD at NSC.

I just applied for 140(RD: 3 oct) and 485 (RD: 6 nov)and have the receipts.

Thanks

Re: New to this forum

Hi,

One way of finding out your case number would be to call Vermont INS center and ask them. I am sure they will be able to give you the details by your name.

If that doesn't work, like Sahin said ask your attorney to clearly explain the case by way of a letter. INS will certainly understand.

You should also understand that you are not commiting a crime by leaving the company when your I-140 is in process. It is very common and many people do this. It doesn't affect your case adversely also.

Please do not lie to INS perticularly when they have your record. If you do then it will, for sure work against your interests.

Good Luck buddy !

Originally posted by anu2180
Hi Everyone,

Recently my labor got cleared and iam in the process of gathering the info for concurrent filling.I got lot of info from this thread but still i have one question and i hope some one can help me regarding this query.

I applied 140 in Vermont center 21/2yrs back and left the company during 140 process and joined another company. With the new company iam going to file my 140 in Nebraska, but Lawyer wants to know whether i applied 140 with previous company or not if so she wants my case number and other details.
The problem with that is i can say yes but i don't have the casenumber and even if i try to find out my old company may not disclose that info.

Can i say No to my Lawyer, if so what impacts will have.

I really appreciate if some one can help regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance.

I-140 Question

Hi,

With my current employer, recently my Labor got approved and the Lawyer is working on I-140.

Here my question is, with my previous employer both Labor and I-140 got cleared. So is there any way that the new company can make use of the old I-140??

If so what I have to ask my Lawyer regarding this.

Please help me in this.

thk

1)Do you have I140 approval. If yes then you would be able to obtain EAD from any local INS.
2) If you dont have approval of I-140, then depends on which Local INS you are in. For example, MN wont issue without I-140 approval, but denever will.

So give it a shot. It does not harm except spending couple of hours in INS building.

Re: I-140 Question

Hi thk,

As far as I know labor and I-140 are employer specific. Therefore there is no way that your currect employer can make use of your past employer's approved I-140 petition.

But it is possible to continue the process with the old employer. If you have access to the I-140 approval Hard Copy, you can go ahead and apply for your AOS i.e. I-485. For this your past employer has to agree and also has to give a letter saying that he will employ you on permanent basis if your AOS is approved. After 180 days of I-485 RD you can switch to currect employer.

For this to happen you need to have a godfather in your previous employer.

Hope this helps.

I am not an attorney. I have shared the info that I knew. Please talk to your attorney with your specific case details.

Originally posted by thk
Hi,

With my current employer, recently my Labor got approved and the Lawyer is working on I-140.

Here my question is, with my previous employer both Labor and I-140 got cleared. So is there any way that the new company can make use of the old I-140??

If so what I have to ask my Lawyer regarding this.

Please help me in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sachin and all

I just want to make sure one thing that my I-140 got approved with my previous employer.

So with that approval can i go to the INS office to get my EAD??
Don't they ask me that I am still with that company??
If I say NO, then what will be the results??

Thank you very much for your valuble information.

NEED INPUT

Hi Guys,

I was told by my lawyer that any one who files concurrently at NSC or VSC will not get the file numbers for I485 until the I140 is approved.

This is been happening lately from October 2002. Guess who filed before october will have their file numbers.

This situation is applied only to those who file the I140 and I485 at the same time. If any one had similar experience please let me know.

Thanks in advance for every one.

Regards

Hi M2002. Could you please tell me what file number is. I filed concurrently on Oct 15th. But I got receipt notice for all my cases from NSC. Is the file number same as receipt notice or is it something else.

Thanks !!

Thanks for SAHIN & SACHDEV for your valuable inputs, i requested previous employer to give atleast case number so that i can say yes on 1-140. My lawyer is ok with atleast knowing casenumber and she will attach a letter explaining the situation.

Thanks.

Raghu. I also got A number for all my cases.

M2002 please let us know what file number is and how it will impact the processing of our cases.

Thanks !!

thk

You should provide more information. If you dont work for previous company, then are you enjoying portability? If yes, then you would be able to get EAD legally based on your approved I-140 and I-485 receipt notice. Make sure you have to have I485 receipt notice.

If you left the company before 180 days since you apply for I485, I mean if you are not enjoying portability then legally you are not eligible for EAD. Your approved I140 and labor does not have any value actually. However, you can always go and ask for EAD and start working on that. But this is your call. This would be illegal. They might not even ask you whether u r still working for same compnay or not. But the thing is you are doing something wrong.
Do u wanna take a chance? I wont.

WEBSITE for I-140 Status

Many time in the reply I have seen people have written they went to some website to check their I-140 status. Could someone again post the website details.

Thanks in Advance

I meant both the numbers

1. Recept numbers
2. A#

I148 adjection process will begin only after I 140 approval. I will post with more info after i speak to my lawyer this morning.

Regards
Originally posted by puneet_gcard
Raghu. I also got A number for all my cases.

M2002 please let us know what file number is and how it will impact the processing of our cases.

Thanks !!

New I140 Apporvals

Any new I140 approvals. I did not see any new approvals in the past 2 weeks. Please post if your case has been approved.

People who received REF is there any change. Looks like now INS is approving all RFE cases......

Regards

NO - I140 Approval

Hi, M2002,

Even, I didn't see any approval of I-140. I guess, you are on the top according to ANALYSIS sheet.

Happy news I 140 approved

Hello everybody,

My online status of I 140 says "This case has been approved".

I 140 - RD - 08/06/02

AD - 11/21/02. No RFE's

EB3/RIR

I think guys who applied in the last week of JUly or first week of August would get their approval before Thanks Giving weekend.

All the best guys.

MY FP is scheduled for 12/5/02. Will Post once I get my AP and EAD.

Thanks.