Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

sachdev,....

IN my 140 case
RFE recd by INS 10/19
Aprroved on 11/07

RFE :- Original Degree for Undergrad (I have a MS from US).
COmpany financials

AVM update

Hi:
Does anyone know how often INS update the AVM info ? It seems that the website is never current. Maybe they should hire one of our IT professionals to fix its problem. I am still waiting for my I-140 approval (RD 10/9 EB3), no info yet.. I guess I may go through this holiday with this cloud over my head. Wish you guys have a great holiday.

haibo

Parshu,

Thanks buddy for the quick reply. If everything goes well, I should get a decision in the second week of Jan'03.

Mine was experiance letter from my previous employer and educational evaluation. I got both done.

Happy Holidays to everyone on this forum !

Regards,

Originally posted by parshu
sachdev,....

IN my 140 case
RFE recd by INS 10/19
Aprroved on 11/07

RFE :- Original Degree for Undergrad (I have a MS from US).
COmpany financials

I just called IIO regrading my allegedly lost EAD in mail..
ANd u know what she says..that I have to wait till mid January and re apply for the EAD...and it will take again the same amount of processing time....my case was approvesd on dec 3rd and mailed on dec 6th
I dont know why this is happening...
so who will be responsible for the lost mail..they are not ready to give me a duplicate EAD...it is lost in mail is EAD lost....dont u feel this is BULLSHIT....
I am totally out of my mind maan.......

please somebody suggest....

Yager...Thanks for the suggezxtion of he webprintout and going for SSN...but the reason why I am hesitating is..It is one screwed up dept...it randomly picks up canditates for Enquiry wihch take up to 12 weeks...i dont want to be one of them....(meaning...I dont want my wife to be one of them...as a matter of fact i was one of them)

I am planning to go to LOCAL INS....for the card....But this IIO said local INS will NOT help....but i will give it a try....

please please give some inputs.....

Hello Parshu,

Same here. INS has lost my I 485 receipts and AP. They have asked me to go to local INS office with all the Approval notices like, EAD, AP and I 140.

I might have to give money again from my AP and get it. I am not sure about my I 485 receipts.

The attorney said that he would call IIO and talk to him and send another copy.

May be you may have to ask your attorney to call Immigration.

IndiaGirl,

I did not get the APrroval Notice also...I mean in the mail....I just saw the approcval in the web...
I will try it in the Local INS....on monday....

Parshu. Sad to hear about your situation. Isnt there some sort of form which you can fill up and submit to INS and request the Approval Notice be sent to you again.

What happens if someone's approval notice for i-485 gets lost in mail. Does the person have to start the whole process again ????????

This doesnt make sense to me. I am sure there must be some way out of this mess which INS created for you.

Doesnt your attorney give you any solutions to this problem.

Re: tracker as of week ending 12/20/2002

Manju,

You have not updated the tracker with my RFE buddy. RFE issued on 10/31/02 and RFE reply received by INS on 12/19/02.

Thanks

Originally posted by m2002
Tracker

Parshu,

There has to be a way out for this. Please call IIO once again and talk.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Puneet, Sachdev...

I asked the IIO may be 2 -3 times..(2 different occasions). Like I said..Ma'am but u understand that I got a job offer and the employer need the work authorization and this is something to do about my career and Life..she says " there is nothing I can do about it"

I checked with lawyer...he says see for couple of weeks and re-apply...just 2 lines...I guess he is after his money (he charges per application...so ead is another 350 bucks to him)...i feel so decieved maan...

I am planning to go to Local INS to ask abt it..I guess may be tuesday..I will keep u updated..

and puneet..I guess u can get copies of reciepts by filing some I824..or something but the card u can not as per what they told me...so 485 reciepts are fine I guess..the application fee of 824 is 140 dollars

Pl update tracker

EB 2/ RIR
140/485/765/131 concurrent filed on 11/5
RD 11/26 ND 11/26
LIN 03 044 5xxxxx
FP Notice recd ND 12/12 (Priority date 11/5)
FP scheduled on 1/14/2003

Parashu,

You can apply your self for EAD and AP. I did the same thing, I have received receipts for those.

All you need is copy of your 485, and cover letter.
I have filed 485 thru my attorney, 20 days back I have applied the Above by self. I don;t see any problem in this.

Originally posted by parshu
Puneet, Sachdev...

I asked the IIO may be 2 -3 times..(2 different occasions). Like I said..Ma'am but u understand that I got a job offer and the employer need the work authorization and this is something to do about my career and Life..she says " there is nothing I can do about it"

I checked with lawyer...he says see for couple of weeks and re-apply...just 2 lines...I guess he is after his money (he charges per application...so ead is another 350 bucks to him)...i feel so decieved maan...

I am planning to go to Local INS to ask abt it..I guess may be tuesday..I will keep u updated..

hi guys,

i just spoke to an IIO regarding my I140 petition and i was disappointed.......

She told me that they are working on april 2001 and cases and it did not make nay senses to me, becasue NSC has published dates that they are processing 10/4/2002. She also told me that my case is still pending and it has not been assigned to an IIO as of now. I am just going to relanx an enjoy my vacation now.

Sdd: I have attahced the updated tracker please maintain it, i will not be there for 2 weeks. Hope it is fine with you. The tracker is current as of today.

Happy new year GUYS.

Regards
Manju

tracker

I'll maintain it.
Have a great holiday.
SDD

Originally posted by m2002
hi guys,

i just spoke to an IIO regarding my I140 petition and i was disappointed.......

She told me that they are working on april 2001 and cases and it did not make nay senses to me, becasue NSC has published dates that they are processing 10/4/2002. She also told me that my case is still pending and it has not been assigned to an IIO as of now. I am just going to relanx an enjoy my vacation now.

Sdd: I have attahced the updated tracker please maintain it, i will not be there for 2 weeks. Hope it is fine with you. The tracker is current as of today.

Happy new year GUYS.

Regards
Manju

Manju. Dont get depresssed about this. It appears this has happened many times when IIO have given wrong processing dates.

Just enjoy your vacation and I guess you wont lose anything as long as 140 gets approved before 485.

So since 485 are anyway taking so long and nobody knows about portability rules therefore dont worry much about this.

Happy Holiday to ALL !!!!!!

Correction in the Tracker spreadsheet

Pl. correct my RD in the spreadsheet

Please change my RD to 11/5 (I gave it wrong earlier) . All other details remain the same.

I talked to the IIO office today to find out if my I-140 is assigned to any office yet.I was told that my case has still not assigned yet and it is going to be few more months till they will come to my case as they are currently processing apr,2002 applications.

Very weird as some time ago they were processing NOV,2002
Just a little recap about my case

EB3/NON-RIR please update the tracker as i saw RIR there
filed concurrently (140/485/EAD/AP) on 24th oct,2002 with ND 13th NOV 2002.

Finger printing done on 3rd dec 2002,originally scheduled for 18th dec.

Thanks