Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

I filed concurrently I140/I485 with my wife as dependent, According to my lawyer they received recepit for me and my wife.
and I send on sep 19th to NSC.

What center did you filed?

I hope this helps.

JB
Originally posted by HaveBeenWaiting
HI All,

Did any one fill concurrently I140/I485, and also for his/her spouse at the same time?
It seems to me that the concurrent filling rule is only for the principle applicant. The dependent needs to wait until principle applicants I140 get approved. Only then, the dependent can apply with the I140 approval notice. (Just my thought!).

The reason I am thinking this way because, my lawyer filled my wife's I485 at the same time when she applied my concurrent filling (I140/I485). After a month INS sent my wife's I485 application back to the lawyer saying that we don't do concurrent filling!! My lawyer resubmitted it on 16th September, now it seems to me that they will again send it back this time as well!!!!

Any one else in the same boat or have any thought on this?
Thanks!

I 485 reciept

Anyone who filed on sep10th or earlier and still did not recieve reciept please let know
thanks

Hi,

Want to know how INS routs the applications received? Log on to the following web site....it gives a very good insight into how this job is done.

"http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/f...nal/index.htm#E"

Regards,

Hi, sachdev

please give us the full text of the link.

thx!

yager

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Want to know how INS routs the applications received? Log on to the following web site....it gives a very good insight into how this job is done.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

sachde

Hi sachdev,

Please provide the complete link. This will help lot of us.

Thanks

Originally posted by sachdev
Hi,

Regards,

URGENT!

Thank you very much guys for your prompt response! What's why I like this forum so much.

After hearing all of your cases, now I am sure that my thought was not right. Here is what I figured out went wrong in my wife’s case -

My lawyer checked "h" check box of "Part 2" in the "I485" form for my wife, which reads – “Other basis of eligibility. Explain.....” and my lawyer wrote "Concurrent filling I140/I485"!! She did the same thing for me, which make sense, because I am applying for I140/I485 concurrently, not my wife.
Hers should check box "b" not "h", which reads "my spouse or parents applied for adjustment of status or ....."

Please let me know what is your thought on this, so that I can tell my lawyer to correct it.

One more question, I talked with an IIO and till today my wife's name is not in their system, so can I apply for a new I485 for my wife with this correction?? I don't know when INS will sent my wife's application back to my lawyer(???). Will it harm any way to apply a fresh application?

Thanks a lot !

You can take a look at the I485 from from the following URL:

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-485pk3.pdf

To HaveBeenWaiting

To HaveBeenWaiting,

My attorney checked b "My spouse or parent ....." for my wife's I-485 application.

sachdev

sachdev,

Thanks!!! This is a good reading material.

INS has the definition of LIN code. and I paste it in the following

The 99 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken.
The 50001 represents the particular case number.

yager

Some amazing news

I saw this on I140 Tracker only

Its hard to beleive but my i140 got approved in one week.
RD: OCT, 10
AD: OCt 18
Waiting on the approval notice by mail. The online case status says that it was already mailed.

I485

Just in a week. I applied my 140 on 3rd oct and have not heard any. What is your reciept no LIN-03-003-5XXXX. IS you in same series..Thanks

Re : reachINS

Sorry for miscomunnication here

What I mean is somebody in I140 Tracker that file
I-140 before file I-485 gets approved in 1 week

mine is already approved on Oct 7,2002 with RD Aug 9,2002

Thanks

Hi,

Re : wxm : amazing news

This guy is lucky. It is one of those INS fluke approvals. We cannot genaralize this.

I wish it is true for every case though.

Regs.

Re: To HaveBeenWaiting

HI UTGC2002,

Thank you very much for asking to your lawyer and posting the response so quick.

I am almost certain that for this reason my wife's application was send back! I asked him to file a new I485 application for my wife.
Let's see what he says.

Thanks!

Originally posted by UTGC2002
To HaveBeenWaiting,

My attorney checked b "My spouse or parent ....." for my wife's I-485 application.

I 140 additional information

I recieved a request an email for additional information and says the details are in the case,anyways i will update once i know what the query is i sent my I 140 on sep 4th while i recieved the query on oct 16th i checked it today only . Also i think Internet explorer doesnot wok well with online case status check but
netscape does work better

sachdev

hi sachdev,

The link "http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/SCNational/index.htm#E " you provided was very helpful.

Thanks

Re: I 140 additional information

Hi sirisha76,

did you file concurrenlty your I140 & I485. Just wanted to know. The tracker spread sheet does not have your I140 information.

Thanks

Originally posted by sirisha76
I recieved a request an email for additional information and says the details are in the case,anyways i will update once i know what the query is i sent my I 140 on sep 4th while i recieved the query on oct 16th i checked it today only . Also i think Internet explorer doesnot wok well with online case status check but
netscape does work better