Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Interesting Analsys

Hi wxm8, sachdev, m2002

You might already aware of the logic or may be you already observe this number pattern for cases.

It seems to me, the first two digit is specify year so suppose after October INS has New Year for 2003 - ? so any ND after October has 03 as first two digit, (same way any ND before October will have 02)

Second set of 3 digits represent working day from October 1st. so if suppose someone has notice date of October 9th then second 3 digit will be 007 (because it's 7th working day, similar to any one before October but it would be very hard to calculate all the working days from October 01, but it seems 260 number for someone has ND in last week of September (365-100 week end -5 holidays))

(or may be it might be not only working day but day from after audit is over or new year start)

I couldn’t figure out 3rd set of number logic if there is any (like some for EAD, some for AP or some for I-485/ 140)

Please share your thoughts and if you can validate + ve or –Ve. that would be great. Then we can include in faq also. (Only if others can validate and it has any advantage)

Thanks,

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone applied (I 485) around 16/17 th September and didn't get their Receipt Notice yet ?
I am still waiting for my wife's receipt notice. My lawyer said she mail it on 16th Sepetember!
Thanks!

I 485 reciept

I still did not get my reciept i filed for I 485
on sep10 with I 140 reciept , i do not know what is going on at nsc, also my lawyer doesnt seem to care much, she said that she will call only after
6 weeks , anyone in the same boat,let me know:(

Re : m2002,

Yes my LIN number starts with 03 i.e. LIN-03-012-xxxxx.
My checks have not been encashed so far.

Regards

Re : JBM

Hi JBM, Cool analysis ! You are absolutely right about the first two digits. They indicate the fiscal year. I am not sure of the second and third set of numbers though. The LIN number I got is LIN-03-012-xxxxx. The ND is 10/17/02. According to your analysis the second set of numbers should be 013 as 17th October is 13th working day of the new fiscal year. As you mentioned if it is after the audit close date, it should be 7th working day. Both ways it doesn't work. Correct me if I am wrong.

The alpha digits i.e. LIN as you know are based on the INS center. Since INS Nebraska center is situated in Lincoln, NE, it is represented as LIN.

Whatever it is, sounds very interesting:cool:

Regards

Re: Interesting Analsys

Hi JBM,

Good analysis. I came to know about this logic a few weeks back from a friend of mine. But there was a slight difference between these two. He told me that the 3 digits after the first 2 numbers are the computer/teller number. But from what i see in all the receipt numbers received after Oct1st, your logic seems to be correct.

Good Analysis.

Eg: My I140 number lin-03-004-***** represents 4th working day from October 1st.
sachdev I140 number LIN-03-012-xxxxx both matches to your logic with the receipt date.

By the way i did not get the receipt numbers for my I485 just received only for my I140. I also filed concurrently.

Actually i found my case number at the back of my check (i140 check) remaining checks have not cleared from my bank yet.

Cheers

Originally posted by jbm
Hi wxm8, sachdev, m2002

You might already aware of the logic or may be you already observe this number pattern for cases.

It seems to me, the first two digit is specify year so suppose after October INS has New Year for 2003 - ? so any ND after October has 03 as first two digit, (same way any ND before October will have 02)

Second set of 3 digits represent working day from October 1st. so if suppose someone has notice date of October 9th then second 3 digit will be 007 (because it's 7th working day, similar to any one before October but it would be very hard to calculate all the working days from October 01, but it seems 260 number for someone has ND in last week of September (365-100 week end -5 holidays))

(or may be it might be not only working day but day from after audit is over or new year start)

I couldn’t figure out 3rd set of number logic if there is any (like some for EAD, some for AP or some for I-485/ 140)

Please share your thoughts and if you can validate + ve or –Ve. that would be great. Then we can include in faq also. (Only if others can validate and it has any advantage)

Thanks,

JB

sachdev & JBM

Hi sachdev,

Actually your LIN number matches JBM logic. The second set of numbers are the working days from Oct 1st. Your ND is 17th. It is corretc because INS was closed on October 14th 2002 for Columbus day.

Hope this explains.....

Thanks

Originally posted by sachdev
Re : JBM

Hi JBM, Cool analysis ! You are absolutely right about the first two digits. They indicate the fiscal year. I am not sure of the second and third set of numbers though. The LIN number I got is LIN-03-012-xxxxx. The ND is 10/17/02. According to your analysis the second set of numbers should be 013 as 17th October is 13th working day of the new fiscal year. As you mentioned if it is after the audit close date, it should be 7th working day. Both ways it doesn't work. Correct me if I am wrong.

The alpha digits i.e. LIN as you know are based on the INS center. Since INS Nebraska center is situated in Lincoln, NE, it is represented as LIN.

Whatever it is, sounds very interesting:cool:

Regards

Re: JBM

Shain,

Could you please check if that logic work for your receipt ND ?

thanks,

JB

Originally posted by Sahin
Great Analysis. What's your major :). Math or critical thinking. Just kidding.

I sent my concurrent application on sep 19th

I sent my concurrent application on sep 19th.

when I called today Lawyer told me they got receipt for me and will send to me.

I hope this helps.

JB

Originally posted by HaveBeenWaiting
Did anyone applied (I 485) around 16/17 th September and didn't get their Receipt Notice yet ?
I am still waiting for my wife's receipt notice. My lawyer said she mail it on 16th Sepetember!
Thanks!

RE : m2002

I didn't know that Oct 14th was a holiday. Let us verify with more cases to conclude that the logic proves right.

Regards,

You are correct Sachdev,

I am not sure about logic and don't won't be sure if it not correct.

My logic still fail to understand wxm8 #, because acording to logic 365-104(week end) - 10 (at least holidays)= 251 it couldn't have any number biger than 251. and we do have number greater than that.

Let see more example.

Thanks

JB

Originally posted by sachdev
RE : m2002

I didn't know that Oct 14th was a holiday. Let us verify with more cases to conclude that the logic proves right.

Regards,

thanks m2002

For pointed out 14th as holiday and help us in Analysis.

Hope fully we will able to find out pattern.

Jb

Re: JBM,

I feel that your guess of first two sets of numbers is right. It makes a lot of sence the way you said the numbers are alloted. We have to see more number of cases to confirm your logic.

Good job buddy !

Regards,

HI All,

Did any one fill concurrently I140/I485, and also for his/her spouse at the same time?
It seems to me that the concurrent filling rule is only for the principle applicant. The dependent needs to wait until principle applicants I140 get approved. Only then, the dependent can apply with the I140 approval notice. (Just my thought!).

The reason I am thinking this way because, my lawyer filled my wife's I485 at the same time when she applied my concurrent filling (I140/I485). After a month INS sent my wife's I485 application back to the lawyer saying that we don't do concurrent filling!! My lawyer resubmitted it on 16th September, now it seems to me that they will again send it back this time as well!!!!

Any one else in the same boat or have any thought on this?
Thanks!

Not in my case

I do not think so.

My attorney sent my and my family's I-485/765/131 with I-140 receipt and now we have 765/131 approved for all of us per online status, though I am still waiting for two more AP papers.

Originally posted by HaveBeenWaiting
HI All,

Did any one fill concurrently I140/I485, and also for his/her spouse at the same time?
It seems to me that the concurrent filling rule is only for the principle applicant. The dependent needs to wait until principle applicants I140 get approved. Only then, the dependent can apply with the I140 approval notice. (Just my thought!).

The reason I am thinking this way because, my lawyer filled my wife's I485 at the same time when she applied my concurrent filling (I140/I485). After a month INS sent my wife's I485 application back to the lawyer saying that we don't do concurrent filling!! My lawyer resubmitted it on 16th September, now it seems to me that they will again send it back this time as well!!!!

Any one else in the same boat or have any thought on this?
Thanks!

RE : HaveBeenWaiting

It is not true in my case too. I have sent the family's entire set of concurrant applications together and INS has acknowledged with LIN numbers for all of us.

Regards,

HaveBeenWaiting

Have been waiting,

This is not true at all. This does not even makes sense to me. There are thousand of cases where spouses case got aknowledged when primary applicant filed concurrently. Follow this thread within last couple of weeks. You will find a lot.

Also, this is very unusual that your wife case are sent back to lawer first time because of the ignorance of INS. This is kind of absurd. However, This time, she will be fine. Lets wait couple more days. Then try to call them and ask IIO whats wrong.

Hi All,

Attn : m2002

All my checks have been realised by INS as of 10/22/2002. I have made application concurrently for :-

I-140
I-485
I-765
I-131

Attn : wxm8 :- Please update the tracker to this effect.

Regards,

Hi wxm8,

Please update the tracker with following information which I forgot to post earlier.

For all : LIN-03-012-xxxxx

Regards,