Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

Wishes&Luck said:
Hi All,

My labor just got cleared and my lawyer filed the I-140/485 last week.

How long does it take to get the receipt notice or file number from CSC?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Lawyer will receive within 2 weeks. For you to finally get it depends on the lawyer :)

thanks

Hello All,

My Labor was approved on May 5th and the lawyers received the Letter around May 24th.
I had a con call with the Lawyers yesterday and they said that we will be filling a concurrent 140/485. She also mentioned that mine will be the first case she will be filling after the 90 day Pilot program supposedly start date. So all we can do is file and see. She did mention that she has seen a few cases from the DSC come out under 90 days.
Will keep the Forum posted.

Nkelkar:
What is DSC?
Nkelkar said:
Hello All,

My Labor was approved on May 5th and the lawyers received the Letter around May 24th.
I had a con call with the Lawyers yesterday and they said that we will be filling a concurrent 140/485. She also mentioned that mine will be the first case she will be filling after the 90 day Pilot program supposedly start date. So all we can do is file and see. She did mention that she has seen a few cases from the DSC come out under 90 days.
Will keep the Forum posted.

Does Birth Certificate need to be the original?

I am trying to gather all my documentations for the I-140/485 concurrent filing.

Can anybody advise if the Birth Certificate needs to be the original? Or a photo copy would be fine?

Hamilton

Hi Hamilton,
You don't need to submit any original documents (birth certificates, deg. certificates, exp. certificates, etc) to BCIS while filing u'r I-140/I-485. Just the copy of these documents is enough to file u'r application. If the BCIS needs to see the originials, they will send an RFE requesting the original documents. I hope this helps.

Thanks
eb2august01

How long did you lawyer take to apply for 140/485? I got my labor cleared 4/23/04 and lawyer got DOL letter on 5/5/04. They have still not applied for 140/485 :( Finally they are saying they will file it this week....
Is your application filed under EB2? Did they file this truly concurrently (140,485 in same envelope)
Wishes&Luck said:
Hi All,

My labor just got cleared and my lawyer filed the I-140/485 last week.

How long does it take to get the receipt notice or file number from CSC?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Questions about Salary and Job Title Change

eb2august01, Thanks for the clarification.

One more question --

I am trying to fill out the form requested by my attorney for the concurrent filing.

One item needs to be filled out is changes of salary and job title.

When I filed LC, my job title was software engineer (consultant) two and half years ago. Last year, I changed Department. My title changed to Software engineer (developer) with a salary increase of 11% comparing with the salary filed in LC. My job location also moved from California where our company's HQ is to Chicago.

My question is: Will these three changes (salary, job title and location) affect my I-140/485 application?
If it does, how do I mitigate the risk.

Your kind advise is appreciated.

htammna

Hi My laywer filed it within a month. Yes I believe they filed it it concurrently at least that is what they said. But I have not recieved a receipt date as yet

htammana said:
How long did you lawyer take to apply for 140/485? I got my labor cleared 4/23/04 and lawyer got DOL letter on 5/5/04. They have still not applied for 140/485 :( Finally they are saying they will file it this week....
Is your application filed under EB2? Did they file this truly concurrently (140,485 in same envelope)

Finally our lawyer filed it on June 3rd and I got a copy of the cover letter they sent to USCIS. They filed mine truly concurrently i.e 140,485 in same envelope. Now I'm with you waiting for the receipt.
Wishes&Luck said:
Hi My laywer filed it within a month. Yes I believe they filed it it concurrently at least that is what they said. But I have not recieved a receipt date as yet

Receipt date

Hi htammana,

Oh wow your lawyer sends you the cover letter. I am just going by my lawyer's word.

Do you know what is the wait time for receipt? Is yours EB2 or EB3.

Mine is EB3.

I read a lot about the pilot program for concurrent filing for EB2. What is this about?

htammana said:
Finally our lawyer filed it on June 3rd and I got a copy of the cover letter they sent to USCIS. They filed mine truly concurrently i.e 140,485 in same envelope. Now I'm with you waiting for the receipt.

Concurrent filing

Hi apms,

If you filed your application concurrently..then how come your RD for I140 and 485 is different.

I am also in the EB3 category..we are in the same category so we should stay in touch.

thanks

apms said:
We got EAD and AP today . Here are details

I140 filed (EB3, concurrent, original labor)- 01/30/2004
485 filed - 03/19/2004
FP notice received 4/17/2004
FP done 5/7/2004 at San Jose
Received approved EAD and AP on 5/19/2004

Hoping 140 and 485 will be processed and approved with the same speed

Mine is EB2 so I'm supposed to qualify for 90day pilot program. But lets see what CSC does.... For the 90day pilot 140,485 have to be truly concurrent i.e in same envelope. In the past people used to file 140 first and then file 485 without waiting for adjudication of 140. Those apps were also considered concurrent but they would obviously have different RD. But in my case, I should get same RD for 140 & 485. My lawyer says it might take approx. 3-4 weeks to get receipts.
Wishes&Luck said:
Hi htammana,

Oh wow your lawyer sends you the cover letter. I am just going by my lawyer's word.

Do you know what is the wait time for receipt? Is yours EB2 or EB3.

Mine is EB3.

I read a lot about the pilot program for concurrent filing for EB2. What is this about?

EAD and AP for wife?

Hi,

I am getting ready to file I140 and 485 concurrently. My case is EB2. Our lawyer charges around $ 1800 for filing spouse's application for 485+EAD+AP. I think this is too much. My questions -

- Is it required to file for EAD and AP when filing for 485? We have no plans, as of now, for my wife to work and we really do not need EAD for her. Also we have valid H1B till end of this year and no plans of travel abroad.

- Are there any risks for 485 application if EAD and AP are not filed together?

Any inputs are well appreciated !

Thank you

Hi Ananya:

Item #1 your assumption is very much right. To qualify for the 90 day pilot program which is only for EB2 applicants, your apps have to be truly concurrent i.e same envelope. Then your RD should be the same. The older concurrent program is where by you dont have to wait for 140 to be approved before applying for 485. Usually RD is different in these cases.
#2: If you are applying for 485 as a dependent of EB2 applicant then you will also be eligible for pilot program. In that case, your husband will be principal applicant and you will be derived applicant. Regarding other issues that might arise because of your pregnancy, I dont much about it. You should contact others you are in similar situation like the "nice_guy"

Good Luck
-htammana

Ananya123 said:
Hi everyone,

Recently after 2 and half years long wait, my husband's labor in RIR has been approved. We are planning to apply for I 140 and I 485 in EB2 concurrently by this end of the week. Hope we will fall into the pilot program.

1) Can anyone please tell me what is the difference between previous concurrent filing and current concurrent filing.
For the current process I am assuming like fill the I 140 and I 485 applications and put it in the same envelope and post it. Then in that case the RD should be same I think.
Please clear me if I am assuming things in a wrong way.

2) I am in the middle of my pregnancy now. Does the pilot program applies for me too. If not what are the stopping factors. I think the medical exams could be. Can anyone give any suggestions how to deal with this situation when you are pregnant?

Thanks in Advance
I will be waiting for your quick reply.

me and my wife recently filed our I140 and 485 concurrently.

our received date is may 27th 2004 . mine is a EB2 case.

my wife is pregnant and she was not able to complete the medical test.

some vaccinations cannot be taken during pregnancy. but the doctor completed all the other tests and gave us the completed medical forms in a sealed envelope.

my lawyer told me that we can file the docuemntation with an incomplete medical test . she told me that we will get an RFE and my wife will have to complete the remainder of her medical test and other required vaccinations after her pregnancy and reply for the RFE.

i am waitinig to see what USICS is going to do with her case . probably we will get an RFE for her.

i asked my lawyer the same question about pilot program .

she does not have a clue on whether they will consider my case under the pilot and send an RFE to my wife. I dont think any one knows details about the pilot program. Till now i have not seen any approvals based on the pilot program in this forum. A few of april , may cases completed Finger prints. we will have to wait and see.

regarding the medical test i would advise you to talk to an immigration certified doctor. you can get the list of USCIS ceritifed doctors who can do the tests from USCIS website. you can get the names and contact info of these doctors by entering the zip code or city name.The doctor will be able to advise you better.

FingerPrint just done for my ConCurrent 140/485 case

For you guys reference, here is my case:

EB-2, ConCurrent filing.
WAC 041465 XXXX with PD: 04/23/2004
Got Fingerprint notice on: 05/17/2004
Got Fingerprint done on: 06/05/2004

I-140, I-485, AP and EAP are all pending.

I'll keep you guys updated if I may get some progress.

Good luck to all!

What is the best course of action?

Hi,

I have to file for I140 and I485. But am going out of USA in 2 weeks. While I will be coming back to US in mid July, my wife would be coming back in Sept.
So, should I file for 140/485 in July or wait till my wife comes back as her application depends on mine?

Regards
Piyush.

Last edited by a moderator:
140 Possibly Approved (RD April 2003)

I may have had my I-140 approved. My company's legal firm, which represents employees through the GC process, has a Web site where they update the status of their clients' cases. I checked today and it says that the 140 has been approved, but I haven't received an e-mail from them or seen the approval notice, so I'm not getting too excited yet... (My HR rep, who I have to get the info from, was not in the office today to confirm.)

I have been waiting almost 15 months for my 140, so if it really is true, I will be thrilled. I'm not sure what is happening with my 485, as I think I should be eligible for concurrent adjudication, but I was more worried about the 140, so feel better now. At least now I can take advantage of AC21.

CIS online status still shows "Your application was received..." message, and I received no e-mail from them. Last Updated date was June 4. Last Updated date for 485 was May 26.

EB1C (multinational manager/executive)
WAC031425xxxx
140/485 RD: April 4, 2003
FP returned to CIS on May 20, 2003 - expiring August, 2004
1st EAD/AP approved August 2003
2nd EAD/AP filed April 15, 2004
2nd EAD - RFE sent May 25, but haven't received yet, so don't know what the issue is
2nd AP approved June 3, 2004

Last edited by a moderator: