Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

Do not expect any I-140 approval from CSC, unless we can do something...

Here is the sad news from http://www.immigration-law.com/

05/14/2004: California Service Center Concurrent Adjudication Pilot Initiation and Warning Against Abuse

We reported earlier that the California Service Center was launching I-140/I-485 concurrent adjudication pilot program for the concurrent I-140/I-485 filing cases inasmuch as it is non-National Interest Waiver case and filed after certain date. Qualified cases were supposed to be adjudicated in less than 90 days.
Apparently, CSC is concerned at this time that those who have already filed concurrent I-140/I-485 cases or I-140 petition alone may withdraw the pending cases to refile a concurrent I-140/I-485 case to take advantage of the pilot program.
AILA reports that CSC will not take such withdrawn-refiling cases qualified for the pilot program and will not adjudicate such cases concurrently. It appears, though, that such decision may raise a legal question of arbitraniness in administration of adjudication function. It may also raise the issue of "equal" protection and fairness. The agency may create a "class" without permissible legal justification or constitutional basis just as seen in the "Francis" decision. We'll see.

I140 approved after one and half year

I140 approved after 17 months.

RD: 12/09/2002
AD: 05/17/2004

Semi concurrent
EB3, substitute labor

Good luck to you all

Got AP and EAD

We got EAD and AP today . Here are details

I140 filed (EB3, concurrent, original labor)- 01/30/2004
485 filed - 03/19/2004
FP notice received 4/17/2004
FP done 5/7/2004 at San Jose
Received approved EAD and AP on 5/19/2004

Hoping 140 and 485 will be processed and approved with the same speed

I140/485 concurrent EB3

Does anyone have any info on how long it takes for the approval of a concurrent I140/485 filing for EB3 ? I am about to file them concurrently shortly and would like to know when I could expect the I140 approval (and the 485 approval as well)

thanks.

eb2dec said:
Does anyone have any info on how long it takes for the approval of a concurrent I140/485 filing for EB3 ? I am about to file them concurrently shortly and would like to know when I could expect the I140 approval (and the 485 approval as well)

thanks.

While you are at it, could you please let me know who the next president is going to be? Becos, that's how much any of us can predict the INS activities ...

Just a humor and don't take it personally ... we need to have a laugh once in a while, right?!?

eb2dec said:

thanks.

My freind got EB3 140 approval in May 2004. She had filed 140 in Jun 2003. She is now waiting for 485 approval. So it seems it is taking around 1 year for I140. Ofcourse INS timings may change.

Need clarification!

Hi,
I recently got my labor certification approved and am proceeding to file I140/485 concurrently. All the formalities are completed and i've submitted the documents to my lawyer.
Now this is my situation....
I've to make a sudden unplanned trip to india for a week. My lawyer says, she can't file for 140/485 untill i come back from my trip, as i need to get a receipt from BCIS before I leave. I need to show this receipt at the port of entry when i come back. And the time frame to get the receipt after i file for 140/485 is around 2 weeks. I will be leaving for india on 24th May. So i dont have enough time to wait untill i get the receipt. So my lawyer want's to hold onto the documents and file only after am back.
Myself and my wife both have valid H1 and H4 visas.
What I want to know is....
1) What is this receipt and how is it related to my travelling??
2) I am just filing for the AOS and am still on a valid H1 B visa status. So how is the filing for 140/485 related to travelling ??
Need clairfication on the receipt. Is it any document??
Thanks,
WaitingInHell!!! :mad:

WaitingInHell said:
Hi,
I recently got my labor certification approved and am proceeding to file I140/485 concurrently. All the formalities are completed and i've submitted the documents to my lawyer.
I've to make a sudden unplanned trip to india for a week. My lawyer says, she can't file for 140/485 untill i come back from my trip, as i need to get a receipt from BCIS before I leave. I need to show this receipt at the port of entry when i come back. And the time frame to get the receipt after i file for 140/485 is around 2 weeks. I will be leaving for india on 24th May. So i dont have enough time to wait untill i get the receipt. So my lawyer want's to hold onto the documents and file only after am back.
2) I am just filing for the AOS and am still on a valid H1 B visa status. So how is the filing for 140/485 related to travelling ??
Thanks,
WaitingInHell,

My understanding is that you need to be in US when 485 is filed on your behalf. Once it is filed you are free to travel as long as you have proper travel documents (H1B or advance parole). I dont think you need to wait around to see your receipt in the mail. doesnt make sense to me..

My understanding is that once you file 485, you abandon your H1 status because you are in "adjustment of status" status. So as far as I know, you don't only have to wait until your receipt arrives, but it's not advised to travel before your Advance Parole is approved.

Someone more knowledgeable might be able to comment on this too.

I140inCA

WaitingInHell said:
Hi,
Thanks,

WaitingInHell said:
Hi,
Receipt for 485 is needed if you are going to use Advance Parole for your re-entry.
Do you have H1B visa stamped?. If so I dont see any problem for your travel and it does not depend on you filing 485. Just use H1 to come back. Your lawyer is just playing safe. Applying to 485 doesn't nullify H1 status (If you use EAD it does nullify)
Thanks,

Change of Residence.

Hi,

Both I140 & I485 were filed concurrently
RD 06/10/2003
EAD & AP approved.
I140 RFE
reply RD 12/30/2003

Nothing after that no FP notice till now also.

I have to change my residence and was wondering if any way it would affect my not getting some documents or otherwise. Please advise ...Plus anybody in the same boat.

1. They show 06/17 as the processing date for I140 mine is not gone 30 days past. Does this date relate to cases in genral(i.e. with or without RFE) of just
the case where no RFE was issued.

Thanks

Do I qualify for the Pilot program...

Hi Guys,

I have my I-140 (EB3 Labor-sub) pending at CSC for a year now. If I file my I-485 now will it be considered as concurrent filing and get into the pilot program.

Thanks

gc_void,

You might want to apply for the EAD and AP. I strongly believe, in an EB2 concurrently filed case , the pilot/90 day program should trigger I-140 & I-485 to be looked at ('touched').
Because EAD and AP processing dates are April, in a logical sense EAD should trigger your I-140/I-485 cases to be 'touched'

Since your case is EB3, right now you are not eligible for the pilot/90 day program

Last edited by a moderator:
The pilot/90 day program will apply only to EB2 applications and not EB3!
gcpend said:
gc_void,

You might want to apply for the EAD and AP. I strongly believe, in your case, the pilot/90 day program should trigger I-140 & I-485 to be looked at ('touched').
Because EAD and AP processing dates are April, in a logical sense EAD should trigger your I-140/I-485 cases to be 'touched'

htammana,

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, You are CORRECT.
It's only for EB2 (non NIW) & Concurrently filed cases

I altered my posting

gcpend:

I'm getting ready to apply for 140 & 485 and I'm nervous to find out if my application will be considered under pilot program. I dont have any doubts about my eligibility as I fall under EB2, but I'm not sure when the pilot program will be stopped. So I'm wondering
1) How do I find out if my application will get into pilot program once it is filed?
2) Do people under pilot program get a single receipt for 140 & 485?
3) When did you concurrently file your 140&485?
4) Was your concurrently filed apps processed under the 90day pilot program?

gcpend said:
htammana,

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, You are CORRECT.
It's only for EB2 (non NIW) & Concurrently filed cases

I altered my posting

I talked with my attorney, and she mentioned that..It seems like 485 is getting approved faster now-a-days and INS is catching up on old cases, but she didn't see any effect of pilot program and specifically mentioned that "fujie memo is still not in effect !"
Does anyone see any case approved as Fujie Memo's effect??

htammana,
1) How do I find out if my application will get into pilot program once it is filed?
Answer:- Ther is no way to find out for sure.
Answer:- No. There will be two receipts one for I-140 & Another one for I-485. For each filed case there will be a receipt. BUT the receipt date will be SAME
Answer:- May 2003
I don't know. As far as my understanding 90day adjudication is different from PILOT program. PILOT program is only for CSC EB2 concurrently filed Non NIW cases AFTER July 31, 2002 (or The correct date on which Concurrent filing started). Whereas 90 day policy is for ALL USCIS centers and for ALL concurrently filed cases AFTER April 30th 2004.

SEE the attachment PDF
htammana said:
gcpend:

I'm getting ready to apply for 140 & 485 and I'm nervous to find out if my application will be considered under pilot program. I dont have any doubts about my eligibility as I fall under EB2, but I'm not sure when the pilot program will be stopped. So I'm wondering

The only "effect" we see on pilot program so far is I-140 processing dates stuck on July 18, 03 forever and the old applications are totally ignored.