Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

hi needluck4gc,
you are absolutely correct. Things didn't move at all. My RD is 8/8/03. I am just hoping to get 140 ( forget about 485) and plan to do CP ( via AC140). But the date is stuck at same "INFAMOUS CSC EB2 -7/18/03".
But I do see lots of approval in VSC. Seems like they are on right track, also see n lots of approval in concurrent categories in VSC in one year.
Looks like silicon valley is not the right place to work :)

getting GC

i started this whole process by giving ads for labor etc in sep 2000. its still stuck in 140 after 4 years. am sure there are people who started from labor after 2001 and already have GC by now in other areas.

california may be the place to work if u have GC or citizen. if you don't belong to these two, well better apply from some other jurisdiction and get GC started there.

in another 3 months it will be 360 days for my 140. am starting to believe those days mentioned in status 360-450 days. no hope of getting 140 cleared before that. looks like it may take another 3 or 4 months (my guess) before they even touch Aug/Sep '03 apps.

Hi desi145 & immportuser

We are on the same boat. My RD of I-140 is Aug 19,03 and I started to believe USCIS won't touch our applications until late this year. You must clearly remember how our LC stuck in DOL for more than a year. I can't believe how LUCKY we are that everytime our applications are in then suddenly everything is on the standstill.

I don't care how perfect the so called pilot program sounds, I've lost all the trust and confidence on USCIS. I plan to go for CP too cuz at least that's the only thing not relying on USCIS.

absolutely true guys.
I have mentioned this before...
Why BCIS gives 6 yrs for H1?
2 yrs for LC
2 yrs for I140
2 yrs for 485..
So, we must start GC as soon as we get H1 and hold on tight for next six years....This sounds funny, but real.
They changed status for 140 from "360 to 360 days" to "360 to 450 days". After few more months they will change it to "360 to 540 days", then after "360 to 630 days..." on..and on..until you give up OR you lose the job OR you find better options back home OR you goto canada....

BTW, bay area people on 485 forums are meeting on 6/3 @ 5:30 PM at mcarthy ranch borders...If you are from this area..try considering this.

desi145
140 RD 8/8/03
485 RD 12/17/03
EB2 - CSC

Need guidance

Hi,

I am a new member to this forum. Just graduated out of the LC forum.
Need some guidance on the best options available to me-

1) Is it better to apply for I140 and 485 concurrently or apply for I140 and go for Consulate processing?

2) What are the typical processing times now for I140 and 485 if applied concurrently?

3) My case is in EB3 processing. While browsing through the forum I found postings on Pilot program etc. Is any fast processing options open to EB3 processings?

Would greatly appreciate inputs on these questions.

Thanks
Kumar

90 Day pilot program

Hello All:

Did any one apply for 140/485 concurrently around April 1st week, '04 at CSC? I'm trying to find out if anyone has seen results of the 90 day pilot program for EB2 applicants. Is this pilot program just on paper or is it for real??

Re: 90 Day pilot program

my lawyers didn't submit everything in one packet, my 140 was submitted on 4/26 and 485 on 5/21. I know this wouldn't be eligible for the pilot program but am hoping....
will keep you posted on what happens.

CSC-AILA update

Hi All,
please look at this link at shusterman dot com for this update from csc-AILA meeting. It has bad news for 140..as they deny more cases this year compared to last few years. Looks like journey is far from over...auto-remand issues in LC and now RFE/denials is the trend in 140.
http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/csc52604.pdf

htammana said:
Hello All:

Did any one apply for 140/485 concurrently around April 1st week, '04 at CSC? I'm trying to find out if anyone has seen results of the 90 day pilot program for EB2 applicants. Is this pilot program just on paper or is it for real??

Hi,

I applied my 140 and 485 after 1st April concurrently in the EB2 category.

Details:
140- 2nd April
485/131/765 - 26th April.
Got FP notice on 17th May for June 3rd '04

Hope to get EAD/AP in June some time. Not sure if my case is being considered for the pilot program. I guess we will have to wait for another month or two to see any real results.

Thanks

Sounds like you applied for 140 & 485 on different dates (April 2nd and 26th). Our lawyer tells me that both have to applied in the same packet (truly concurrent) to be considered for the 90-day pilot program. In any case looks like might be moving fast for you, for whatever reason which is great news!!

GoodLuck!!
-htammana
4beegie said:
Hi,

I applied my 140 and 485 after 1st April concurrently in the EB2 category.

Details:
140- 2nd April
485/131/765 - 26th April.
Got FP notice on 17th May for June 3rd '04

Hope to get EAD/AP in June some time. Not sure if my case is being considered for the pilot program. I guess we will have to wait for another month or two to see any real results.

Thanks

Ya thats that thing. Not sure what to belive.

According to my lawyer any case that filed concurrently would be considered for the pilot program no matter 140/485 were filed together in the same packet or on different dates.

Lets see what happens...

Guys please post updates of your cases.
Thanks

Need Advise

Hello All,

I recently learnt that my labor application has been approved and getting ready to file I140+I485. Here is my situation:
- Original labor (MS+3)
- EB2 Category
- My wife is pregnant - due date end of Nov.

I have few questions - hoping this board will help -

1- Would my case qualify for the 90 Day pilot program? Any thoughts?
2- Medical checkup for my wife can not be completed now since vaccines can not be administered. But still the doctor will perform the medical checkup and give us a packge for USBCIS. I understand we will receive a RFE later to complete the medical. Is this correct?
3- Is there anyway the RFE can be avoided by providing letter from OB/GYN doctor etc?
4- could there be any issues later in reponding to RFE for my wife for medical tests?
5- what is the allowable time to respond to a RFE for medical? please note I can not get the medical completed before child delivery (Nov end).
6- Should I consider postponing filing the I485 to avoid any mess with RFE for medical?

I appreciate any inputs on the above.

Thanks,

Re: Need Advise

nice_guy_gc:

I'm pretty sure your application qualifies to be processed under the "90-day" pilot program. I would recommend getting all the paper work together and file ASAP. You never know when the pilot program will be halted!! Though I have no reason to suspect such a thing, you never know what's around the corner. Regarding your questions 2 thru 6, you lawyer should be able to best advice.

Good Luck
-htammana

re:nice_guy_gc

I would not delay filing the I485. If possible i would try to get vaccination records from India and prove that she has had the necessary vaccinations done .but yes lawyer would give the best advice.

undefined
nice_guy_gc said:
Hello All,

I recently learnt that my labor application has been approved and getting ready to file I140+I485. Here is my situation:
- Original labor (MS+3)
- EB2 Category
- My wife is pregnant - due date end of Nov.

I have few questions - hoping this board will help -

1- Would my case qualify for the 90 Day pilot program? Any thoughts?
No body knows when it started for sure. I have seen only one case till now which got I140 approved in a month. So the answer is do not just wait for any thing apply it asap
2- Medical checkup for my wife can not be completed now since vaccines can not be administered. But still the doctor will perform the medical checkup and give us a packge for USBCIS. I understand we will receive a RFE later to complete the medical. Is this correct?
If you cannot prove the vaccination after 1990 to your doctor, the doctor will write it as incomplete vaccination. So vaccination only after 1990 will work for getting it from your country. RFE will be issed if Medical evaluation is incomplete.
3- Is there anyway the RFE can be avoided by providing letter from OB/GYN doctor etc?
MMR cannot be administered while pregnant but unfortunately by the time INS takes the file your wife would have delivered and there argument would be that she takes the vaccine. If at all things happen really fast with INS then OB/GYN letter would work.
4- could there be any issues later in reponding to RFE for my wife for medical tests?
No
5- what is the allowable time to respond to a RFE for medical? please note I can not get the medical completed before child delivery (Nov end).
usually couple of months. If it is there for a prolonged time then app may be abandoned (exact months, years not known).
6- Should I consider postponing filing the I485 to avoid any mess with RFE for medical?
No dont wait. Apply now. RFE can be dealt later.

Note Iam not a lawyer use your own discretion

I appreciate any inputs on the above.

Thanks,

90 Day pilot program

Titan01:
According to the following website which contains the meeting minutes from May 26th CSC Liason meeting, the 90day pilot program for EB-2 cases started on April 4th'04
http://www.lewslaw.com/US_Immigration_Updates.htm##05312004b

The same has been independently confirmed by our attorney. So according to me its pretty clear that this pilot program is in place. Its just that we are not seeing postings from applicants who 140/485 got processed under this pilot program. I will be very soon filing my apps (EB2) in one packet (truly concurrent) which is a requirement to qualify under the 90 day program. I will keep you guys posted. But the big question is when will CSC pull the plug? Will they ever decide to halt this for any reason? Apparently CSC says (according to our attorneys) that AP applications are irrelevant for the EB2 concurrently filed cases since they are saying the whole thing will be done in 90 days anway which is very shocking!! Too good to be true!!

Re: Need Advise

Thanks to all those responded. You inputs are really appreciated.

Can you please share how long typically it takes to receive the LC approval letter? The DOL AVM says my case status (Approved) was updated on May 26, 2004.

Thanks !

nice_guy_gc said:
Thanks to all those responded. You inputs are really appreciated.

Can you please share how long typically it takes to receive the LC approval letter? The DOL AVM says my case status (Approved) was updated on May 26, 2004.

2 - 3 Weeks
Mean While you can prepare your other required documents for I140/I485.

Thanks !

Receipt number for I -140

Hi All,

My labor just got cleared and my lawyer filed the I-140/485 last week.

How long does it take to get the receipt notice or file number from CSC?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

thanks