Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

kingno1

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I would like to start a new thread for concurrent filing of I-140/ I-485 at Clifornia Service Center.
Feel free to add your lists here....
ID: --------WAC140---------WAC485-------RD---------ND--------------FP -------STATUS
Kingno1 - 279-526xx -----279-525xx----9/13/02------9/16/02------10/23/02

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I have a question, which would help me decide wether to go for concurrent process or not?

I heard that in concurent processing both i-140& i-485 get adjudicate at the same time is it True?

But in CSC i-140 are getting approved first and then it is going to a next step
this is the only service centre where results are coming out for concourrent filling application so please respond what is the process in case of concurrent filling and also read this article does this make any sense.

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1851.html

INS Restricts Portability Eligibility in Concurrent Filings

We received some new and somewhat surprising information from Madeline Garcia following her attendance at an American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) South Florida luncheon on Wednesday (September 17th). Among the wealth of information she absorbed was the information relating to portability in the context of concurrent I-140/I-485 filings.

As you may be aware, AC21 includes a provision (§106(c)) which allows for a change in employment in cases of lengthy adjustment adjudications. What this allows for is the substitution of a new sponsor and offer of employment (in the same or similar profession) into a pending adjustment application if the I-485 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more.

Many of you have been writing to us asking us a couple of important questions such as:

1. Will the I-140 still be processed first?
______ - AND -

2. How will concurrent filing work in the context of I-485 portability?

According to the AILA source and the information shared at Wednesday's meeting, the INS has indicated that the I-140 will not be adjudicated until the I-485 is adjudicated. Furthermore, the INS has taken the position that this portability can only be enjoyed by an applicant for adjustment of status whose I-140 petition has been approved. Since applicants for adjustment who apply pursuant to their new ability to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 filings will not have an approved I-140 during the pendency of the adjustment, these applicants will NOT be eligible for the benefits of Section 106(c).

This information may change in the future since regulations have not been drafted. However, INS' comments highlight significant implications for many prospective concurrent applicants and reinforce that the new concurrent filing option, though very appealing, may not be for everyone.

140 and 485 concurrent WAC-02-268-5

RD 8/26
ND 8/29
FP done 10/02

No approval yet.

Why nobody is posting on this thread?

140 and 485 concurrent WAC-02-268-5

RD 8/26
ND 8/29
FP done 10/02

No approval yet.

Why nobody is posting on this thread?

About ID: WAC

Hi,

I filed 140/485 on Sep 26 and got INS notice for FP on Nov. I would like to know where I can get the ID information about WACxxxxxx?

Thanks.

Re: About ID: WAC

Originally posted by mln003
Hi,

I filed 140/485 on Sep 26 and got INS notice for FP on Nov. I would like to know where I can get the ID information about WACxxxxxx?

Thanks.
Usually attorney should have received the WAC numbers along with the receipt notices. Check with your attorney.
BTW, I did my FP today..:)

I-140/I-485 Details of filing

I-140
RD 09/09/02
WAC -02-274-5
AD - Not Yet...

I-485
RD 09/30/02
FP 11/15/02
EAD/AP - Not yet
AD - Not Yet..

I heard I-140 will not adjudicate until I-485 in case of concurrent filing. It this is true then I-140 will not get approved for 6 months.

Does anyone know whether i can get fingerprinting done before the appointment date? I mean do they have walk-in appt? I already have a notice for finger printing.

Re: I-140/I-485 Details of filing

Originally posted by aarny11
I-140
RD 09/09/02
WAC -02-274-5
AD - Not Yet...

I-485
RD 09/30/02
FP 11/15/02
EAD/AP - Not yet
AD - Not Yet..

I heard I-140 will not adjudicate until I-485 in case of concurrent filing. It this is true then I-140 will not get approved for 6 months.
This is quiet opposite. How can they adjusticate 485 without an approved 140? That was wrong info in my opinion. They approve 140 first then they will issue EAD and stuff.

Does anyone know whether i can get fingerprinting done before the appointment date? I mean do they have walk-in appt? I already have a notice for finger printing.
I am supposed to do FP on 29th, but, I did it yesterday. They didnt even ask me anything abt the date. Just walked in and gave it as if It was yesterday...

I-140 Approved WAC-02-258-***** Approved

I-140 Approved:

ND: 08/14/02
Concurrent Filing
Approved on 10/23/02
EAD: Waiting

I-140 RFE - WAC-02-257-*****

ND: 08/14/02
Concurrent Filing
REF Issued on 10/22/02 - Not received yet
EAD: Waiting

Hopefully this raises some spirits. GOODLUCK

Not received FP Date yet

Hi,
I140 dates
RD Sept 11
ND Sept 12
AD - Not yet?

Got the receipt of I140 and filed I485
I485 dates
RD Sept 23
ND Sept 26

I have not yet received the FingerPrinting notice, but I am seeing that other folks who applied with or after me got FingerPrinting notice, is there anything to be done to find out why I haven't got the FingerPrinting notice yet?

Hi Kingo1 can you please reply.

Re: Re: I-140/I-485 Details of filing

Originally posted by kingno1

I am supposed to do FP on 29th, but, I did it yesterday. They didnt even ask me anything abt the date. Just walked in and gave it as if It was yesterday...

Wouldn't you confuse INS people by giving FP before the appt. date?
Getting FP done would help in making I-485 processing faster or not?

Re: Not received FP Date yet

Originally posted by apshah
Hi,
I140 dates
RD Sept 11
ND Sept 12
AD - Not yet?

Got the receipt of I140 and filed I485
I485 dates
RD Sept 23
ND Sept 26

I have not yet received the FingerPrinting notice, but I am seeing that other folks who applied with or after me got FingerPrinting notice, is there anything to be done to find out why I haven't got the FingerPrinting notice yet?

Hi Kingo1 can you please reply.
GOOD LUCK OCGUY...I am rellieved now..:)
Hi, Please check with your attorney..My RD is on 9/13, I got my FP notice on 10/4. I did my FP yesterday.
Try to check your status online. They update it with FP notices if they send it already.
Good luck..apshah

Re: Re: Re: I-140/I-485 Details of filing

Wouldn't you confuse INS people by giving FP before the appt. date?
Getting FP done would help in making I-485 processing faster or not?
No, all my friends here did FP before the date. They didnt had any probs. FP is the starting process for 485 as they need to get the clerance from FBI with your FP. So, I guess it will speedup atleast a bit. Oh Well...We never know...:D

FP time...

Originally posted by kingno1

No, all my friends here did FP before the date. They didnt had any probs. FP is the starting process for 485 as they need to get the clerance from FBI with your FP. So, I guess it will speedup atleast a bit. Oh Well...We never know...:D

Would you tell me how much time it took for you to get the FP done without appt. ? Is there any good time to go there to avoid rush? What documents do you need?

Re: FP time...

Would you tell me how much time it took for you to get the FP done without appt. ? Is there any good time to go there to avoid rush? What documents do you need?
Hi Aarny11,
Its kind of just walk in. I showed the identification such as pasport or Drivers License. Take the notice you received for your FP. I came out in 15 minutes. I went there early morning around 9 AM. SO, i guess anytime before 10 is OK. If you are married, take ur marriage cert with you. I had to go back and return cos I forgot it initially. Hope this helps.

Which INS office?

Hi kingno1
I know you mentioned that you went for FP before your scheduled date, can you let me know which INS district office you went? I got my FP notice yesterday, but the appointment is on 11/26 at INS San Jose, so I wanted to know is it ok to go early at San Jose office?

Also do they ask reason for going at diffent date then the scheduled date?
Thanks

Re: Which INS office?

Hi kingno1
I know you mentioned that you went for FP before your scheduled date, can you let me know which INS district office you went? I got my FP notice yesterday, but the appointment is on 11/26 at INS San Jose, so I wanted to know is it ok to go early at San Jose office?

Thanks

Finally, i also got my FP done today..Thanks kingo1 for the advise. The receptionist said "oh! u r early than appointment date" that's it. Just go and get it done...

Re: Which INS office?

Hi kingno1

Thanks

I went to the office at SAN JOSE. Please check your appointment letter to see where you need to give your finger prints.

They didnt ask me anything at all.