Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

heha said:
2hard2getGC,

I'm confused. If you reenter US using AP without getting a H-1B visa, how can you maintain the H-1B status?

It will be great if what you said is true, but I just don't understand how it works. Maybe you can give me the links of the stuff that you've read.

Thanks.
Heha,

Okay to back my claim, here is the snapshot from Murthy.com august 2004 chat session

Chat User : Can one continue to work on H-1 after using advance parole to travel? Thanks.

Attorney Murthy : One may not only continue to work on the H1B, but one may also file an extension of the H1B even after having entered on the AP. The problem is that there are no USCIS regulations on the dual intent issues. We only have Legacy INS Memos on this subject from March and May 2000 with the second Memo of May 2000 superseding many sections from the earlier Memo. Generally, a person is allowed to file an H1B extension as long as s/he continues to work for the H1B sponsoring employer even if s/he previously used the EAD or entered on the AP.

Link to Murthy.com

I hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
concurrent EB2, original labor, FP done (WAC-04-228-5xxxx)

I140/485 RD: 8/18
I485 LUD: 8/24
FP ND: 9/10
FP Received in mail: 9/16
FP APPT: 10/29
FP Done: 9/17
I485 LUD: 9/17 (due to FP most likely)
2nd FP ND: 9/3
2nd FP Received in mail: 9/17
2nd FP APPT: 9/21
I485 LUD: 9/20 (?? don't know)

on 9/17 received one more set of finger printing notices , does anyone knows what to do with 2nd set of FP notices ? I called my lawyer she said go to San Jose ASC again and show them notices. what is meaning of 2nd set of FP notices ? it has notice date of 9/3/2004.

on 9/21: I went to San jose ASC, they took FP notices (no FP again) and said no need to do the FP again.

gc_seeker2004 said:
on 9/17 received one more set of finger printing notices , does anyone knows what to do with 2nd set of FP notices ? I called my lawyer she said go to San Jose ASC again and show them notices. what is meaning of 2nd set of FP notices ? it has notice date of 9/3/2004.

I have the same issue: I got a second FP notice. I asked my lawyer rep, and here is the reply I got:

Lawyer Rep:
I checked with the attorney, and she feels that this additional fingerprint
notice is an error. But, she does suggest, to be on the safe side, to go
to this second appointment and bring with you proof that the process has
been completed. I know that this may be an inconvenience but I would
rather you attend the appointment and not cause any extra delays with
your case.

- lsk_gc

EB2 Concurrent Filing : CSC

Hi Guys,

Here are the details related to my EB2 application with CSC
I140/485/131/765 RD: 08/20
I485 LUD: 9/11
FP ND: 9/15
FP Received in mail: 9/17
FP APPT: 10/29

Couple of questions for all you Gurus:
1. How do I know if my application is picked up in the pilot program ?
2. How can we get the finger printing done on an earlier date than appointment date ?
3. I plan to travel on business in 2nd week of October 2004. Do you guys tink that I will get my AP by then ? Is there any other work around to get AP earlier.

Your answer to above are greatly appreciated. Please keep this forum posted with the latest data.

Thanks for your help

45 days green card process

Anybody knows about "45 days premium green card processing" which means you pay extra $1000 to get everything done in 45 days?
I heard it from a friend. I think it's a rumor.
Anybody has additional information?

Hi Gc_Seeker2004,

I140/485 RD : 08/20/2004
FP Notice Date : 09/15/2004
FP Notice Received : 09/17/2004
FP Appointment Date : 10/29/2004

I am located in San Jose, CA. I saw your posting. Although you had the appoitnment for FP on 10/29/2004, you got it done on 09/16/2004. Can you please reply to my private message that I have sent you or call me it has my telephone number.

If you can send me an email or call me that will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Regards

140 Cleared Finally

Hi All,

Finally my 140 got cleared. Here are the details.

140 RD 8th Oct 2003
NO RFE
Concurrent filing; no status change on 485
EB3 category
small bay area company (30 ppl)
140 cleared - 20 Sep 2004

Just received email from USCIS.

Question on FP

I-140/485 concurrent filing at CSC - RD 07/30/2004
EAD/AP Approved on 09/10/04
Have not received the FP notice.
Company HQ in CA. I live in Midwest.

Question:
Comparing with cases that are cleared in 3-4 months, I was guessing the reason I have not received FP notice is because I live in Midwest.

I don’t know if not living in CA make me unqualified for the pilot program or it just takes longer to do finger print outside CA.

Are there anybody in the same boat as I am who applied in CA but do not physically live in CA? Can you share your experience?

Has Pilot program come to an end?!?

Hi Guys,

I heard from a friend of mine that the Pilot Program has ended. Does anyone know if it is still going on? I should have gotten my GC two weeks back if the Pilot program had been in place. Why & how I could guess that? My colleague's GC was approved within a week after he gave his FP. I saw my (I-140/485) dates changing for a week after I gave my FP. That's it!!, it's been three weeks, no activity, it went dead. Does anyone know what's going on?
Is there anyone else in the same boat?

My Case Info:
FP done: Aug, 26th, 2004
FP received: Aug 31st, 2004
I-140/485 case resumed: Sep 01, 2004

I-140 date changed till Sep 07th, 2004.....went dead since then.

Receipts

Hi, how long will it take to get the receipts for concurrent filing of I140/485?
(filed on Aug 30th, 2004)

Thanks.

bucs2004 said:
Hi, how long will it take to get the receipts for concurrent filing of I140/485?
(filed on Aug 30th, 2004)

Thanks.

Hi bucs2004,
Usually it takes one week to get it, obviously, not including weekends and holidays. Your attorney, if not you, should have received the receipts two weeks back. Talk to your attorney, get the WAC #s and create a portfolio @ www.uscis.gov (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp). Best of luck!

Pilot Program

WaitingInHell,

I just talked to my attorney (a good one). He said he did not hear anything about the exit of the pilot program from AILA.

I almost get a heart attack when I see your posting.

Just relax, breath, breath, breath....

WaitingInHell said:
Hi Guys,

I heard from a friend of mine that the Pilot Program has ended. Does anyone know if it is still going on? I should have gotten my GC two weeks back if the Pilot program had been in place. Why & how I could guess that? My colleague's GC was approved within a week after he gave his FP. I saw my (I-140/485) dates changing for a week after I gave my FP. That's it!!, it's been three weeks, no activity, it went dead. Does anyone know what's going on?
Is there anyone else in the same boat?

My Case Info:
FP done: Aug, 26th, 2004
FP received: Aug 31st, 2004
I-140/485 case resumed: Sep 01, 2004

I-140 date changed till Sep 07th, 2004.....went dead since then.
Not sure how to interpret this. However things have slowed down according to this memo

http://www.lewslaw.com/US_Immigration_Updates.htm#08312004a

WaitingInHell said:
Hi bucs2004,
Usually it takes one week to get it, obviously, not including weekends and holidays. Your attorney, if not you, should have received the receipts two weeks back. Talk to your attorney, get the WAC #s and create a portfolio @ www.uscis.gov (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp). Best of luck!
Again, if you go through the past postings of pilot, approval takes about a month after FP is done. So perhaps you still have to wait for 15 more days.

Hamilton,

I live in Midwest and Company HQ in CA. I got my FP done on 09/03. Here are my details

I-140, I-485, EAD, AP RD : 06/23/2004
EAD Approved : 08/11/2004
AP approved : 08/03/2004
FP ND : 08/16/2004
FP Done : 09/03/2004

still waiting!

Original LC (2.5 years of stressful waiting)
PD: 09/09/2001
CSC - EB3
Concurrent filing (140, 485, EAD) - no AP
140/485 RD: 07/23/2004
FP complete on 09/10/2004
EAD cards recd for self & spouse on 09/10/2004
Small consulting company (10 people) in the East Bay

EB2/EB3 Question

TWO QUESTIONS:

1. Does EB2/EB3 depend on the applicants qualifications or does it depend on job requirements?

2. Is there any difference in the processing times for these two catagories?

Thanks!

140 status update ??

I am one of those few folks who got an RFE on my I140. It seems like my case was picked up in the Pilot since I got an RFE 2 months after the RD date. The RFE was about company's ability to pay. The wierd thing is some of my fellow employees who applied in the same category got approvals of the whole thing where as I got an RFE..go figure!

The deadline for the RFE response was Oct' 6th and my attorney responded 3 weeks ago. However there has been no change of status in my 140. Since its been more than 90 days since my 140/485 was submitted I would like to get my iEAD. However I am not sure if I can get one if the online status has not been updated. Any idea how long they take to update the case and if the folks in the local office will have a better idea about the status.

I have done my FP in June and the 485 status reflects that.

Thanks in advance.