Concurrent Filers (140/485) CSC-TSC: Waiting for 140 Approval

I submitted offer letters, promotion letters and couple of other letters on company's letter head. I guess they don't have time to go through all of them. They asked it on a single letter.

perm_faq said:
Did you not submitted experience letters when you filed the petition?

Actually your previous companys offer letters does not transform into experience letters. Correct. I think thats why they did ask you for exp letters. Regarding,

"2) Submit ability to pay from 2002 to present. I only submitted financial statements for 2003 and 2004. They asked it for 2002 also."
-- For this, you also needed to submit your most latest paystubs along with your company's financial statements like Bank statements, Tax filing docs etc. Did you submitted them when you replied to RFE?

BackLogGC said:
I submitted offer letters, promotion letters and couple of other letters on company's letter head. I guess they don't have time to go through all of them. They asked it on a single letter.

perm_faq said:
Actually your previous companys offer letters does not transform into experience letters. Correct. I think thats why they did ask you for exp letters. Regarding,

I told you that I also submitted promotion letters with dates, designation and salary structure.

"2) Submit ability to pay from 2002 to present. I only submitted financial statements for 2003 and 2004. They asked it for 2002 also."
-- For this, you also needed to submit your most latest paystubs along with your company's financial statements like Bank statements, Tax filing docs etc. Did you submitted them when you replied to RFE?

My PD was Dec 22nd. That is why I didn't submit financial statements for 2002. Atleast my attorney should have checked it before submitting all documents for I140. Finally I had to submit audited financial statements for 2002 and 2005 also. My company has more than 100 employees. I also submitted a letter from company CFO. As I told you my attorney should have taken care of all these missing/incomplete documents in first place.

You are Right! Promotion letters etc implies the experience with such and such company. But still they came back with an RFE to you...meaning... they are going by the standard procedure like exp letters etc. Iam sure ... you had gone back to all your previous employers to request them for exp letters. Its more difficult if they were out of business.

As you said, this whole issue should be taken care by your attorney (not sure how famous he is, and how many cases he had filed before yours) as there is nothing much changed on 140 filing procedure. And its been the same tradition of filing the petition with financial docs of the company, exp letters etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you a private message...check out.

perm_faq said:
You are Right! Promotion letters etc implies the experience with such and such company. But still they came back with an RFE to you...meaning... they are going by the standard procedure like exp letters etc. Iam sure ... you had gone back to all your previous employers to request them for exp letters. Its more difficult if they were out of business.

As you said, this whole issue should be taken care by your attorney (not sure how famous he is, and how many cases he had filed before yours) as there is nothing much changed on 140 filing procedure. And its been the same tradition of filing the petition with financial docs of the company, exp letters etc.

Rate of 140 Approval gone down since last week

Did any one notice? There were lot of concur 140 approvals last before week, but it came down last week and today I have not seen any thing either.

Looks like they further classify EB2 interms of retrogressed and non-retrogressed countries to process the concurrent 140s.

LUDs on I140 and I485

Received emails for both I485 (self + spouse) and I140 saying that

"On March 29, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was
received here for processing. It is taking between 400 and 450 days for
us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as
processing is complete....................."

What does this mean? I hope they have started looking at my applications
Any insights?

perm_faq said:
Did any one notice? There were lot of concur 140 approvals last before week, but it came down last week and today I have not seen any thing either.

Looks like they further classify EB2 interms of retrogressed and non-retrogressed countries to process the concurrent 140s.

It was a lot of RFEs for some cases filled in Nov-Jan last week...

"Unaudited" Financial Statements

Perm_faq and BackLogGC.

Appreciate your help and knowledge in clarifying the "Ability to pay" issue for me.

I've filed my I-140 on Dec-2005 under EB1-ET category. My company has ~150 employees worldwide with ~30 employees in the US.

I've provided "unaudited" financial statements for 2004 and last 3 quarters of 2005, together with Company Income Tax Return for 2003/2004 and all employees W2s as well as DE6 forms for CA.

Now, do you see any potential problem (RFE) issued for the Ability to Pay, because I've provided an "unaudited" statements?

Thanks for you help.

perm_faq said:

Not sure what it means for you...but here is how my case turned out

I cannot say for sure if this means anything for your particular case but this is how it was for me.
5/3 fingerprinting done
5/4 LUD for self and spouse (On March 29th, your I-485 .....same message as yours for I-140 but ours said that it would take between 850-900 days for the AOS)
5/8 I-140 Approved (there were no LUDs before that). received e-mail
5/12 LUD for I-485 (Spouse & Self but no message change)
5/13 e-mail stating that a welcome letter had been mailed (LUD as well)
5/16 LUD but no message change
5/17 e-mail stating that that the I-485 had been approved (LUD as well)
5/18 received both the welcome letter and Actual Green Cards (self and Spouse)

Hope this helps.
Good Luck

badtiming said:

Any insights?

Thanks

I hope events in my case turn out to be similar.

Lets see.. It has been a long 8 month wait..

Sihinaya said:
I cannot say for sure if this means anything for your particular case but this is how it was for me.
5/3 fingerprinting done
5/4 LUD for self and spouse (On March 29th, your I-485 .....same message as yours for I-140 but ours said that it would take between 850-900 days for the AOS)
5/8 I-140 Approved (there were no LUDs before that). received e-mail
5/12 LUD for I-485 (Spouse & Self but no message change)
5/13 e-mail stating that a welcome letter had been mailed (LUD as well)
5/16 LUD but no message change
5/17 e-mail stating that that the I-485 had been approved (LUD as well)
5/18 received both the welcome letter and Actual Green Cards (self and Spouse)

Hope this helps.
Good Luck

Same here

We received the same message for our 485 today!!!

140 was approved last week, 5/17

Let us what it means!

badtiming said:

Any insights?

I-140 Approved hoora

I-140 Approved
-------------

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On May 22, 2006, an approval notice was
mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

I-485 Update
-------------
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

same here

I got the same email as well for both I485 (self + spouse) and I140 at 16:39 PST.

Praying for both cases.

AP/EAD AD: 11/23/05

badtiming said:
Received emails fo both I485 (self + spouse) and I140 saying that

Any insights?

gc_line said:
We received the same message for our 485 today!!!

140 was approved last week, 5/17

Let us what it means!

Yes, so did I. Both me & my spouse's LUD change for 485 happened today.

my 140/485 shows update on May,22,how long for it to be approved?

my 140/485 was transfered from CSC to TSC on March,22/march,27.
today I recieve update from CRIS and USCIS-CSSO, what is CRIS?

On March 29, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was
processing is complete.

On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking
between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will
mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Got emails of 140 approval

Got 140 approval emails today. Also got emails for our(me and wife) 485s: "... On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing ...".
I have been a reader of this forum for a while but this is my 1st post. Thanks everybody in this forum; your posts are very informative and helpful.