Columbus, Ohio - FP Details

Finally Got It!!

EB-III, NSC

RD of I-485 is Sept 27th, 2001
ND is October 30th, 2001.

Received FP on 08/12/2002.
FP scheduled on 09/10/2002 at Columbus, OH.

Still waiting for my wife's.

FP in Columbus

Great news . Has anyone else gotten their FP in Columbus. My ND is 10/31 so near yours. let us see.
:)

My RD was Oct 1, 2001 and notice date ND was Oct 31 (10/31/01)..
Hope that should happen in this week or by next week
Update if you get it earlier. I am in Columbus, OH

FP Notice

Recieved Today. Scheduled for 9/20.
People with Oct ND should be getting theirs this or the next week at the earlies. Good Luck

Anyone with FP have gone earlier then the dates mentioned ...if yes, did you call or ...what is the best way. your replies are appreciated.

FP rejections...

FP was done for me and my wife at the INS office, Leveque Twrs, Columbus, Ohio last monday 09/16. They are asking for documents for SSN, either in Drivers License or SSN card itself. So if you haven't got SSNs for your dependants, you might wanna get them one asap.

We produced EAD, Drivers License/SSN Card.

The lady who took the FP for my wife, told her fp would be rejected and she may have to revisit as she had a cut in her left little finger. Any one has similar experience ?

EB3 - NSC

RD-09 Jan 2002
ND-14 Jan 2002
EAD-Applied-20 Jun 2002
EAD-Approval Recd-15 Jul 2002
FP-17 Sep 2002 sche'd for 25 Oct 2002
(got FPed on 25 Sep 2002 :) one month early :). I miss read notice date and Went to Cols, OH INS office. They were nice to take me after they completed regular appointments.)

Hello Prince,

My FP is scheduled for Oct 23.
Btw, my wife doesn't have SSN.
Is that going to be a problem?
How long does it take to get one?

Thanks,

Hi cmh_gc,

I do not know whether that would be a problem or not.

But they do ask for SSN when we did our FP. They asked for verification of SSN either in the Driver's Licence or SSN Card itself.

So best thing is to have it ready.

SSN would normally take a couple of weeks.

I would suggest you take SSNs for your dependents ASAP, as you have enough time for your FP.

Most of the times, the SSN Admin office assign the SSN within a week or so and let you know(they give a computer print out), if you ask them. And send the SSN card later on to your home address.

If your SSN card do not reach you before FP, you may produce your computer print out letter to the INS during FP.

Good Luck, buddy !

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by cmh_gc
Hello Prince,

My FP is scheduled for Oct 23.
Btw, my wife doesn't have SSN.
Is that going to be a problem?
How long does it take to get one?

Thanks,

Dear cmh_gc,

I did mine and my wife's FP on 09/25/2002 at Columbus INS office. They did ask if she had SSN. I just said 'no' and they took only the Passport. No SSN no problem. But take as many other ID's as possible. Like Sate ID or Driver's Licence, Student ID, Federal TIN card, etc.

As for getting SSN first you will need to get EAD for your wife and then you will have to apply for SSN. So about a month for EAD and 1 and half month for SSN card to arrive. I guess u don't have that much time now. So don't worry and just go for FP. You will be fine.

:)

SSN...

cmh_gc & OhioIndian,

Yes, OhioIndian is right. You need a EAD for getting SSN.

In our case we had EADs before getting the SSNs.

So it appears technically you need not have a SSN for FP.

Sit back and relax! :)

Received FP notice

Idhar ulti ganga bheti hai .. :confused:

Receipt Date : Sept 12 , 2002
Notice Date : Sept 25, 2002

No EAD
No AP

Received FP : Scheduled for 10/31/2002

Cincinnati, OH

Maverick

Hello Meverick

When did you send in your 485 application. I have sent on 8/30/02 and still did not recieve the reciept date. help me....