Class Action Law Suit against USCIS I-485, N-400, Naturalization, AOS, FBI Name Check

are you guys particularly looking for lawyers in memphis?
one serious suggestion if u r looking for lawyers and location doesent matter,try rajeev khanna.if you are not sure try ron gotcher.
i will stand by my word,no one will take as much personal interest as ron would take in clients case.

Add my name too ..

Class Action Law Suit .. yep, seems like the thing to do.

Currently, on 4th EAD + AP
Called for the 3rd time for FP this weekend
Biometrics done a year back
Out of retrogression 4 months back
Still rotting in "security check"

Beam me up, Scotty!

I think a class action lawsuit is definitely the right thing to do (thanks for the effort!) because:

1. The USCIS/FBI are irresponsible and abusive, they are not doing their job which we are paying for (through taxes and application fees).
2. The immigration laws are flawed. There should be a time limit when an application has to be resolved (either approved or denied). It cannot be an open-ended nightmare as it is now for so many of us.
3. We are entitled for compensation of the financial loss (e.g. lost employment opportunities, legal fees, lost working time because we have to deal with all this B.S.) and emotinal stress that this caused us.

However, I am not saying "count me in" yet, because my 120 days just came up a few days ago and I feel like I have not got all my facts straight yet (I am waiting for the FOIPA response from the FBI).

I have one more question:
Do you guys want to limit the lawsuit to N-400 applications only or will include all Name Check situations (I-485, etc.)? I am not a legal expert and do not know what the consequences are, but I would think that keeping the case as uncomplicated as possible would be a good idea, what do you think?

Thanks for the effort and I will pay close attention to the development of this issue.

Thanks,
Walter

Just curious

I saw a couple of Chinese names here. For those who stuck at name check, do you have a very popular last name? such as Zhang, Wang, Chen?

I'm just wondering if it's the popular last name caused the delay.

a friend of mine with such a popular last name stuck at name check for 5 years.

a chinese got stuck for 5 years?? this is a bit incredible.

Z2 said:
I saw a couple of Chinese names here. For those who stuck at name check, do you have a very popular last name? such as Zhang, Wang, Chen?

yep, did 6 AP/EAD.

The only good thing is the 5 year is the longest I've ever heard.

rob waiter said:
a chinese got stuck for 5 years?? this is a bit incredible.

It's quite unbelievable. If this person is a terrorist, he/she probably already done some damage to American. haha.....

I am wondering what is happening to tsa4000. How is his case going on?

that's true.

I have a feeling in my gut that many of us will probably stuck at name check for longer time.

fightback said:
It's quite unbelievable. If this person is a terrorist, he/she probably already done some damage to American. haha.....

I am wondering what is happening to tsa4000. How is his case going on?

I filed my writ of mandumas lawsuit may 17,2006. The clerk does not know how much should I pay for the court fee so I need wait them to decide. That's the first step. I will post along the process whenever I get anything from court.

Why didn't your friend sue them?

Z2 said:

I sued them (Pro Se) on April 6th, 2006 and had oath taken on May 12th, 2006. You have to sue them to let them do their work. The only thing I regreted is that I did not sue them earlier.

could you please give me a list of steps to file the law suit? I'm thinking of filing soon. Thanks.

bzhang3@gmail.com

My frieind's name check was cleared recently after 5 years waiting.

backues said:
I sued them (Pro Se) on April 6th, 2006 and had oath taken on May 12th, 2006. You have to sue them to let them do their work. The only thing I regreted is that I did not sue them earlier.

backues said:
Do I have to wait 120 days after my interview to sue or can I do it earlier?

hi guys could some one plz help me. !!!

case details
140 eb2 PD: feb 02
485: aug 02 and case got transferred to nsc in 2003.
After a infopass trip i was told my NC got intiated 3 times, two times in 2002 for which they didnt get successfull and required results and the third time they intiated it in 2003 my nc has been stuck since. I checked all the FOIPA records, the results was no records and no criminal history in my background.

guys is writ of mandamus good at this point or shall i wait out.

One other question i wanted to ask is, if u file WOM is ur case looked in to more deeply than other cases.

Can anyone help me with this question below?

I just got my 5th EAD card. The date begin may 9, 06 for one year. The problem is my last EAD card ended April 18, 06.
I filed renewal online Mar 3rd,06 and had fingerprint taken Mar 17,06. There is a gap between two EADs, so should I call them to change it or it does not matter?

Thanks in advance!

NJGoose said:
Do I have to wait 120 days after my interview to sue or can I do it earlier?
Yes, you do have to wait for 120 days before you can file 1447b. My interview was sometime in 2005.

Hi all, yesterday like every Boston Immigration Visit, I went with my wife for the EAD / Parole renewal. But before I went there whilst I was getting in the car a bird pooped on me, good omen or bad omen, I guess good omen because what I'm about to say will surprise the pant off everyone reading this. So I called the DA and asked if you heard anything about my case, he replied "No nothing yet". I then said, "Oh BTW, I am coming to the courts to file my memorandum, so he asked why ? I said because I want to give the courtsmy findings and evidence, and he replied oh okay, I said but I would like to show you this stuff before I file. And at that point he said okay fine, I'll see u once you finish with the Boston Immig. So now at the Boston Immig we met the Officer and he said that they do not do EAD/Parole here and it has to go to Vermont. I told him, when I got my Lawyer to ask Vermont about the renewals they said they don't do it as the case is in Mass. So now we had to wait from 9am all thru fucking 2 pm. At around 12pm I called the DA and said, it looks like I will have to join the 22 mill illegals as USCIS is making me from a legal into an illegal and that my EAD and Parole expire on Jul 7 06. At that point he asked, did you get my message ? I asked what message. He said Washington called him and said the case for me and my wife was approved. I said how can that be, when I checked with the Officer here he said but your 1st Name check is done and 2nd is still pending, I asked how can USCIS send 2 name checks, he did not have an answer. Anyways, i then asked the DA for sure, and he said yes your case has been approved. Morale of the story, don't ever do anything half assed, do it all the way. So when I went to the counter again at 2pm they said, we have bad news and good news, bad news we cannot give EAD and Parole renewals as we do not do it here but we can give u the Temporary I-551 stamp in the passport if you like, I asked is that a deportation stamp and she laughed till all her hair fell off, obviously I knew what that meant, and she took our EADs and Paroles and said, have a nice day. At that point I said, USCIS finally got something right and almost jumped over the counter to hugh her. But that is not it, I now called the DA and told him that the only time I'll cancel my case is when I see my Green Card (Actually white plastic) in my hand and he agreed.

So now my good friends. This is what u do, when the Anwer to the Complaint is filed, give these assholes 2 weeks and then during that time file your "M emorandum in Response to the Answer to the Complaint" and let the DA know about it and u see what wonders work for you. Don't ever fucking give up. Go all the way. Remember no one in this country is above the law, no one. Be strong, bold and patient. Now about me, I will continue to contribute for other poor folks who go thru this issues and will help in everyway. I must say the father of this thread really did something great by starting this thread(Publicious). All the DA's around the 50 states are getting inundated with these cases and that is good because now they know what these fucking assholes were doing last 3 to 4 years, eating fucking burgers and talking about their hair doo and nails and the guys officers too, don't mean to be gender bias.

About the Class Action Lawsuit. I would say let's not loose hope on that thread we will still need to work on that, I will do my best. For those new comers we need to make them aware. If I can quote something here from my own poem " What is important in life is not the end result of ones action but the journey of actions one has taken to achive what they set out to achive that should be admired and be in total awe of, because the end result is just like a flag on a mountain, what is important is what you have to do to get that flag, the mountains one had to climb, the vallies one had to swim across"

All the best everyone and once again, fuck all those assholes that mess with you but take the Sicilian approach, keep your friends close(DA) and your enemies closer(USCIS, FBI, DHS)

Never loose sight and hope "Hope is all that one has got"(Shawshank Redemption)

God bless you all and screw them all that mess with you and you will prevail and come down on them with grave vengence and furious anger if they fuck with you.

Toxsci said:
I am in..I am struck in Name check since Nov 04.
If atleast we could get to the point where FBI responds to our enquiries in a timely manner..then its a great achievement and relief for future applicants!
Good luck to all,

Hi Toxsci,

Thanks for your valuable comments on this portal. I was curious to know the following things:
1. how someone can know since when your case is pending for FBI NC?
2. What steps you took in order to get your FBI NC cleared?
3. Did you initiate FOIPA?
4. Where did you provide your email to get the response back from FBI?
5. Precise steps and details provided to get your NC cleared?

Mine is also stuck since 06/2004. Couple times I called USCIS to check the status and got the feedback 'awaiting security checks'. My spouse's 485 (being Principal Applicant) got approved 03/2005... Mine pending? Any advice/ help will be greatly appreciated... :mad:

abansal0211 said:
Hi Toxsci,

Thanks for your valuable comments on this portal. I was curious to know the following things:
1. how someone can know since when your case is pending for FBI NC?
2. What steps you took in order to get your FBI NC cleared?
3. Did you initiate FOIPA?
4. Where did you provide your email to get the response back from FBI?
5. Precise steps and details provided to get your NC cleared?

Mine is also stuck since 06/2004. Couple times I called USCIS to check the status and got the feedback 'awaiting security checks'. My spouse's 485 (being Principal Applicant) got approved 03/2005... Mine pending? Any advice/ help will be greatly appreciated... :mad:

Please check out my posting in the following thread for details
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=214587
1. You can request help from your senate/house representative to initiate a status inquiry with FBI. I think that is the only way to know when exactly FBI received the request.
2. Please refer to the above mentioned thread
3. Yes I had FOIPA report and I did mention it in my e-mail to FBI
4. In my e-mail. I also included my supervisor's contact information for their reference
5. I am not sure about this. It worked for me somehow. I am still not clear which step worked for me!
Good luck to you,