Registered Users (C)
hi guys

here is my time line
n400 applied 11/11/2009
pd 11/13/2000
rfe 11/19/2009
finger prints 12/01/2009 walk in actual date 12/07/2009
yellow notice 12/04/09

after that i am still wainting it is almost two months after the finger prints please share your time line do you think it is the time to call
uscis and find out please share your exp

Yes, you must call. Looking at other people timelines you should have received the IL by the end of December at the most.

hi guys

here is my time line
n400 applied 11/11/2009
pd 11/13/2000
rfe 11/19/2009
finger prints 12/01/2009 walk in actual date 12/07/2009
yellow notice 12/04/09

after that i am still wainting it is almost two months after the finger prints please share your time line do you think it is the time to call
uscis and find out please share your exp

What is your DO? You can call. However, would not be alarmed since I got it just a week back for Newark and I applied around the same time. I think around the holidays, the whole process got extended by 2/3 weeks.

i live in queens new york and i called today and talk to 2nd level immigration officer and she told me i was placed in queue on december 4 for schedule a date for interview it usuall takes 30 to 120 days depending upon dates available .any other input is appreciated

i live in queens new york and i called today and talk to 2nd level immigration officer and she told me i was placed in queue on december 4 for schedule a date for interview it usuall takes 30 to 120 days depending upon dates available .any other input is appreciated

Since you're in Queens, your interview will probably be scheduled in Garden City. It usually takes a couple of weeks longer than the Federal Plaza office, so what you're experiencing is not uncommon.

Harsukh

What is your timeline and when did you send your N400? I notice that NY is taking very long as compared to other DOs.

Thanks
NRI 107

NYC is currently taking 5-6 months, which is actually a normal processing time. Granted, some DOs process N-400s in less than 3 months, but compare their workload with NYC.

Hi Harsukh

I would appreciate if you post your timeline from the date you sent in your N400.

Thanks
NRI107

Hi nri107
thanks for reply
here is my time line
n400 application sent 11/11/2009
11/13/2009 application recieved
11/19/2009 status changed to rfe
12/01/2009 finger prints date walk in original date 12/07/2009
yellow notice recieved 12/05/2009 dated 12/02/2009
after that i did not recieve anything i called customer service and was told by 2nd level customer sr that i was placed in queue to schedule interview
and wait 90 to 120 days depends upon dates available in your do.
Thanks

N 400. New York Time Line

Hi Harsukh

Thanks for your update. Pl update when you hear from them with interview date. It could also be that you have not completed five years and they may be trying to schedule after you complete five years.

Thanks
nri107

Hi nri
thanks for quick reply
i called them this week and they want me call back if 120 days pass after fingerprit date i hope i wll get my il before that
it is now 2 months and a week after finger prints and i think if nothing happens till then i will call them back.anyhow my 5 year year complete on 11 feb 2010 if that 's the case .is there any body who live in queens newyork and has a same time line.nri what is your do.please share your info.

Is your case straightforward? Anything with your case that could be holding things up? Continuous residence or physical presence issues, or trouble with the law?

Hi Harsukh

My DO is also NY. My timeline is given in New York Timeline. It is as under:

11/30/2009 - N400 - Mailed
12/03/2009 - PD
12/15/2009 - FP Letter
12/24/2009 - FP done walk-in
01/15/2010 - Yellow Letter received for my wife and mine was received on 1/22/2010

Waiting for any further update. It is more than one month since the FP was done. When I talked to them two weeks ago, IO first level told me that as on December 31, my case is being shown as pending. He refused to transfer me to next second level IO. I am thinking to call them again in the next couple of days. Let us see how things work. But I have noted that NY DO is taking more time - from this thread I find that NY is taking 4-5 months while others are taking 2-3 months.

Whenever you talk to them again or hear from them, please keep us posted.

Thanks

nri 107

HI
i live in brooklyn i applied for naturalization on sep 22

FP: oct 17
Interview date was Feb 10th that got postponed due to snow storm new one is March 18

so it took 4 months from finger printing date to the interview date

Hi guys
i am so happy that my case status has been changed .now it says that your case has been transfered to local office and interview will be scheduled.it took almost 2 months and 13 days after the biometric date so i am waiting for interview letter and update here as soon as i get it .i am also waiting for
status info letter please share how long it takes .thanks guys for your reply to nri107 wubzzy and cafeconleche

Hi guys
i am so happy that my case status has been changed .now it says that your case has been transfered to local office and interview will be scheduled.it took almost 2 months and 13 days after the biometric date so i am waiting for interview letter and update here as soon as i get it .i am also waiting for
status info letter please share how long it takes .thanks guys for your reply to nri107 wubzzy and cafeconleche

When your case is transferred to the local DO, it means that you've been scheduled for an interview and your IL is on the way. You should be getting it within a few days.