Child citizenship act of 2000, can I just get a passport?

Sb12three

Hello,
I entered the USA in 2005 as a LPR, I was under 18, and in the custody of my US citizen mother. I left the USA in 2010.

I have been researching and I believe I meet the requirements under the CCA of 2000 as I was under 18 when this all occurred.

Fast forward I am now 23 wanting to live back in the states. Am I able to apply for a passport at my local us embassy? (London)

Also, on form n-600 (which my parents will fill out for me) it asks for us citizen physical presence if you’re outside the USA claiming from birth. I am not claiming from birth so does this need to be left blank?

Thanks!

Applying for a passport would be cheaper. Waaay cheaper at this point. So yes you should apply for a passport. You will need your mother's Citizenship certificate and hopefully you still have your GC. Even though expired but would prove you derived citizenship under 18 when you entered as a LPR. GL

As jbuff said, some proof you were a LPR (not necessarily the green card, the stamped immigrant visa in your old passport would also work for example) and proof that your mom was a citizen should suffice. Are you sure she didn’t apply for a n600 for you back then?

Applying for a passport would be cheaper. Waaay cheaper at this point. So yes you should apply for a passport. You will need your mother's Citizenship certificate and hopefully you still have your GC. Even though expired but would prove you derived citizenship under 18 when you entered as a LPR. GL

Thank you! My mother is a US citizen from birth, am I still eligible? Or did she have to naturalize? She is currently getting the paperwork together so I can get a passport

As jbuff said, some proof you were a LPR (not necessarily the green card, the stamped immigrant visa in your old passport would also work for example) and proof that your mom was a citizen should suffice. Are you sure she didn’t apply for a n600 for you back then?

Thank you so much for your response. Unfortunately my mother/father did not apply for n600, otherwise I would have gone back wayyyy sooner than now. BEen through so much with immigration and all this Time not one of them informed me or my parents about the CCA of 2000!

Thank you! My mother is a US citizen from birth, am I still eligible? Or did she have to naturalize? She is currently getting the paperwork together so I can get a passport

ALso, is my mother able to file the n600 for me whilst I’m over here? Or maybe an attorney? I definitely want to get both to avoid future problems

Same rules apply. Prove that that your mom is an American citizen and send in required paperwork for a passport .

ALso, is my mother able to file the n600 for me whilst I’m over here? Or maybe an attorney? I definitely want to get both to avoid future problems
Filling for a N600 in your case is straight forward. Wait time is about a year though. Whilst filing for a passport wait time is 8 weeks or less !!

Filling for a N600 in your case is straight forward. Wait time is about a year though. Whilst filing for a passport wait time is 8 weeks or less !!

Oh that is so great! Thank you so so much I really appreciate it, will keep you updated when I get a passport :)

Hey! WEnt to apply for a passport today today everything was was fine except we needed more evidence of my mother living at our old address.

However I believe the embassy has lost my parents original marriage certificate as It’s nowhere to Be found. What do I do?!
One lady sorted the paperwork out and the consular officer had all the papers except the marriage certificate. They need to see the original certificate. Is there a way I can get another one?

Thanks!

Never mind, turns out the marriage certificate was with the lawyer all along

I am trying to get a crba for my daughter and I need to show 1 year physical presence , I was only aged 9-14 when moved to the stTes, what could I show?

Never mind, turns out the marriage certificate was with the lawyer all along

I am trying to get a crba for my daughter and I need to show 1 year physical presence , I was only aged 9-14 when moved to the stTes, what could I show?
Your daughter was born out of wedlock before 2017?

Maybe school records could help. But it needs to be 1 continuous year, and I am not sure if school records can prove it's continuous. Maybe you could use old passports, though those are not absolute proof either as sometimes permanent residents don't have passports stamped.

If she’s a citizen, by law she has to enter and leave the US with a US passport. So yes if ESTA got denied (if) that would be why. Isn’t there somewhere you can check the status of ESTA?
Also he prepared for hassles at the airport entering with a British passport for her if you do get ESTA.

You daughter shouldn’t be entering the US with a foreign passport on ESTA if she’s already a USC. If she already has CRBA, she not eligible to enter the US on ESTA.