Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Hot news PERM is oked by White House office and to be published soon. It will take effect 60 days after it was published. One more thing to the already confusing labor processing.

Good news for those who will be applying for their labor under PERM. Bad news for those whose application is already pending at NPC/BEC/SWA. People applying fresh will be ahead of us. I wish they will put some provision of converting from RIR to PERM.

puhrince said:
can we withdraw our apps and resubmit them as PERM?!!

I think you can definitely do that, but you loose your earlier priority date. If you are EB2 it does not matter but if you are in EB3 you have to wait for your PD to become current.

PERM application

Hi guys,
I have question . Can we apply for fresh LC without revoking the Old LC.
Can we apply parallely another LC thru new company without cancelling the old LC with old company, in this case any additional advantage ? any links to the published final rules on the PERM process
Thanks in advance.
Pal.

Chicago-Regional Processing centre

Dear folks:-
Does anyone can clarify the following things:-

If State forwards the Labor certifacation to Regional Office( RIR) does that mean the Labor certification is almost cleared?
Under what circumsatances Regional Offic-Chicago rejects the cases?

Some inputs is appreciated.

BA

Program Electronic Review Management is a proposed system for processing Employment based Green card labor certification application with Department of Labor( DOL).

One can get LC within 21 days once the system is implemented. No one knows about the complete system so far. One has to wait until the PERM specifications are published in Federal Register which is today or tomorrow. follow the news at http://www.ilw.com

bijualex said:
What is PERM?? Can someone explain

::)) Chicago office is having application from State offices since August 2002 for Non-RIR and December 2003 for RIR. It is not working on any permanent labor cases since almost 4 months. Wait, your application will go to BEC in Dallas before December 31st and will be pooled in a national FIFO queue along with other RIR applications competing from Dallas, SFO, Atlanta and Chicago.

Think and learn about PERM from now on...

bijualex said:
Dear folks:-
Does anyone can clarify the following things:-

If State forwards the Labor certifacation to Regional Office( RIR) does that mean the Labor certification is almost cleared?
Under what circumsatances Regional Offic-Chicago rejects the cases?

Some inputs is appreciated.

BA

GC_DJ said:
Hot news PERM is oked by White House office and to be published soon. It will take effect 60 days after it was published. One more thing to the already confusing labor processing.

Good news for those who will be applying for their labor under PERM. Bad news for those whose application is already pending at NPC/BEC/SWA. People applying fresh will be ahead of us. I wish they will put some provision of converting from RIR to PERM.
People who gets their labour approved will wait at 485 for the visa numbers to get current. Say a person "MORE_SCREWED" who applied for Labour in PERM (say in Feb 2005) might get his labour processed early but will get his GC only after a person "SCREWED" who filed labour in Dec 2002 from a state. This is because "SCREWED" has a better priority date than "MORE_SCREWED".

Question

Friends,

Question for y'all. My Labor is stuck with Chicago DOL and i dont expect it to come anytime soon. Even if it does, it doesnt really matter coz i cant file for my 485.

Since PERM is on the way, can i do my labor thru PERM on EB2 Category same company or a different company, get it approved in 4 weeks or so and file my 485 / 140 since they are current for EB2. In other words can i do Labor certification on 2 different Streams on 2 different Priorities (EB2 in PERM & EB3 in RIR)??? Not that i am gonna do that i am just looking for options...

In the same breadth, does a denial on PERM would affect my RIR labor???

anandrajesh said:
Friends,

Question for y'all. My Labor is stuck with Chicago DOL and i dont expect it to come anytime soon. Even if it does, it doesnt really matter coz i cant file for my 485.

Since PERM is on the way, can i do my labor thru PERM on EB2 Category same company or a different company, get it approved in 4 weeks or so and file my 485 / 140 since they are current for EB2. In other words can i do Labor certification on 2 different Streams on 2 different Priorities (EB2 in PERM & EB3 in RIR)??? Not that i am gonna do that i am just looking for options...

In the same breadth, does a denial on PERM would affect my RIR labor???

I think if you file another LC in EB2 from the same company, you have to withdraw the earlier (EB3) case. You can file another LC from different company though.

ram_ram said:
People who gets their labour approved will wait at 485 for the visa numbers to get current. Say a person "MORE_SCREWED" who applied for Labour in PERM (say in Feb 2005) might get his labour processed early but will get his GC only after a person "SCREWED" who filed labour in Dec 2002 from a state. This is because "SCREWED" has a better priority date than "MORE_SCREWED".

Your senario applies only to EB3. A person applied in EB2 get his labor cleared and can apply for I-140/I-485/EAD together. He can screw the visa numbers and put pressure on EB2 to backlog. Atleast he have the EAD card and EB3 has nothing.

PERM got approved by OMB today. It would be published any day now. If DOL keeps its word of implementing it 60 days after being published, we should see something by mid Feb. I don't know if that is good news or bad for all RIR cases at Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago DOL Status?

Did someone try calling the Chicago DOL and find out the status....

Keep everyone posted.

I called DOL, Same old reply : "..........has been received in the regional office.."

DOL RD : 12/22/2003

GUYS,no point calling DOL and stuff like that - what are you going to gain out of it? HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY and come back in Jan to keep track of our cases..till then chill out !!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

Calling DOL

puhrince said:
GUYS,no point calling DOL and stuff like that - what are you going to gain out of it? HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY and come back in Jan to keep track of our cases..till then chill out !!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

I agree with you. But is there a way for us to find out about our case status after Jan ???. We are going to get the same crap from them.. Hope things change by Jan...