Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

I checked with my lawer as well.
PD is the date when the original labor was filed.

May be if the original candidate has already applied for i140 and it is revoked later ,you cant use the PD.
But otherwise it is the PD of the original labor

Here is the URL for Chicago Petition thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=140372

Go to the last page and post your comments. Try to review the petition. I am not sure who took the responsibility to send it out to Rajiv. Please ask for clarifications and dead lines.

gcin05 said:
Please let us know the status of the letter that was supposed to be sent to the Senator.

Let us plan a date when we want to send the letter out to the Senator.

Thanks.

Dallas BEC include CHICAGO regional backlogged cases too.....

At the present time, cases at the Dallas BEC include regional backlogged cases from Dallas and San Francisco. There are also a small number of SWA cases from California that were included in Dallas BEC's share of the regional cases from S.F. Within the next few weeks, Dallas BEC will also be getting the backlogged cases from the Chicago RO. Although, after the end of the year, as SWA cases are transferred to the new national centers at Chicago and Atlanta, Dallas BEC may also get a few cases from Seattle and Denver, but it has not been determined due to their smaller backlogs. DOL has directed the SWA's to send cases older than 2003 to the BEC's by the end of 2004, and any remaining backlog up to 12/31/04 by the end of March, 2005. States have been divided roughly down the Mississippi River with western states going to Dallas BEC and eastern to Philadelphia.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=998096#post998096

what do u make of this info?

Case Transfers from SWAs to BECs

Cases from the Atlanta and Chicago National Processing Centers (NPCs) are next on the list to be sent to the BECs. Note that these are the cases that came from the regions already and are not expected to include cases filed after January 1, 2005.

SWA Timeframes for Case Transfers

The DOL released instructions to the State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) on December 3, 2004 regarding how to ship their unopened cases to the BECs. SWAs are directed to send all unopened cases with receipt dates prior to 2003 to the assigned BECs by December 31, 2004. Those remaining cases that the SWAs have not started to process as of January 1, 2005, must be sent to the BECs in a second shipment that is due by March 31, 2005.

Chicago regional Procession centre-Labor certification

Any one has any idea, why the regional Procession centre-Chicago -Labor certication is having the backlogs.

I spoke the Lady at RO and they are still stuck on Dec 24. Somebody needs to ask them what the hell are they doing.

I read in the Dallas Backlog Reduction thread that Chicago is sending backloged cases to Dallas BEC in next few weeks. Nobody knows which cases will be sent.

Labor Certification Cases Transfer Schedules from State Offices to Backlog Processing

Little older information.... But for all those who missed it before...
Source : www.Immigration-law.com
-------------------
DOL has issued a memorandum detailing the schedules of unprocessed labor certification cases from the state offices to the newly created and operating National Backlog Processing Centers in Philadelphia and Dallas on the following schedules:
Cases Received Before 01/01/2003: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 12/31/2004. Cases are sorted out and shipped out on first-in first-out basis. Therefore earliest cases are shipped out first.
Cases Received from 01/01/2003 to 12/31/2004: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 03/31/2005, again in the order of first-in and first-out basis.
Cases Received after 01/01/2005: Date stamp and ship to National Processing Centers and current Region I and Region VI Offices for processing and adjudication. From January 1, 2005, the state offices are completely phased out. In fact, there are plenty of state offices that have already stopped processing of permanent labor certification cases.

---------------------------
My best advice : Enjoy your hoildays and stop thinking about the processing times till Jan'05.

Oh thanks a lot for the Info ChicaGO-CASE

It looks like atleast some thinking process is initiated. But my question is what happens to the cases which got cleared from State and moved to DOL.

Now i stopped worrying about even GC, this is my successfull sixth year of processing GC. First 245i then DOL re-org. and now the EB3 dates regress, any way enjoy the holidays and lets see....

If any one can throw some light on how its going to take before we get the LC approved in Chicago DOL and Any projection on 485 Dates when it will be back to current ( Too optimistic... LOL)

thanks in advance

Chicago-case said:
Little older information.... But for all those who missed it before...
Source : www.Immigration-law.com
-------------------
DOL has issued a memorandum detailing the schedules of unprocessed labor certification cases from the state offices to the newly created and operating National Backlog Processing Centers in Philadelphia and Dallas on the following schedules:
Cases Received Before 01/01/2003: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 12/31/2004. Cases are sorted out and shipped out on first-in first-out basis. Therefore earliest cases are shipped out first.
Cases Received from 01/01/2003 to 12/31/2004: Ship to the Backlog Processing Centers no later than 03/31/2005, again in the order of first-in and first-out basis.
Cases Received after 01/01/2005: Date stamp and ship to National Processing Centers and current Region I and Region VI Offices for processing and adjudication. From January 1, 2005, the state offices are completely phased out. In fact, there are plenty of state offices that have already stopped processing of permanent labor certification cases.

---------------------------
My best advice : Enjoy your hoildays and stop thinking about the processing times till Jan'05.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago DOL case transfers

At the present time, cases at the Dallas BEC include regional backlogged cases from Dallas and San Francisco. There are also a small number of SWA cases from California that were included in Dallas BEC's share of the regional cases from S.F. Within the next few weeks, Dallas BEC will also be getting the backlogged cases from the Chicago Regional Office. Although, after the end of the year, as SWA cases are transferred to the new national centers at Chicago and Atlanta, Dallas BEC may also get a few cases from Seattle and Denver, but it has not been determined due to their smaller backlogs

Pal8 said:
It looks like atleast some thinking process is initiated. But my question is what happens to the cases which got cleared from State and moved to DOL.

If any one can throw some light on how its going to take before we get the LC approved in Chicago DOL and Any projection on 485 Dates when it will be back to current ( Too optimistic... LOL)

thanks in advance

???

Pal,
U r too optimistic thinking abt 485 dates becoming current anytime soon. :confused:

Expect your labor to be done in 1 year. Apply for I-140, expect that to be done in another couple of years, by that time ur PD should have become active to file your 485 and then wait for 2 more years to get the Coveted Green Card. Add up all these numbers and you have an answer on how long you have to wait. :eek:

There is a proposal or an intiative to complete the Entire AOS(485) process in 6 months. They have targetted it by Sept 2006.(We know how good the DOL & Service Centers are when it comes to meeting targets :D ) If at all if that happens, then expect ur 2 year wait for 485 cut down to 6 mos or so.

For now enjoy your holidays. Hopefully, This muddy picture will clear out by the new year.

Regards

Pal8 said:

Now i stopped worrying about even GC, this is my successfull sixth year of processing GC. First 245i then DOL re-org. and now the EB3 dates regress, any way enjoy the holidays and lets see....

thanks in advance

anand, i think ur being quite pessimistic yourself - why would it take another couple of years to get your I-140 approved..? if you guys are willing to go through the CP route,you should consider it..at least you can get your I-140 cleared fast and get your documents ready for the CP interview until the PD becomes current...
at the same time,i know this retrogression happened just a few years back - can someone find out how long it took to become current again?

Hi anand and Puhnrice thnks a lot

puhrince said:
anand, i think ur being quite pessimistic yourself - why would it take another couple of years to get your I-140 approved..? if you guys are willing to go through the CP route,you should consider it..at least you can get your I-140 cleared fast and get your documents ready for the CP interview until the PD becomes current...
at the same time,i know this retrogression happened just a few years back - can someone find out how long it took to become current again?

Thanks a lot for your replies. Further its not new to me, I have been in this forum for longtime with my old id and then i stopped visiting . Like puhrince mentioned, When i started (six years back)it was a long wait and became concurrent and again now here we are. So lets keep our hopes high and a word of caution the consurrent filing is being questioned and may be chaged and which is good and bad if everything works as they say we may have the dates back to current by next year.

LOL
An y way any word on LC 's peding with DOL in chicago (not SWA)

Enjoy the holidays guys

Pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pal, I just answered your Chicago DOL question earlier - i think you missed it - look again above

Pal8 said:
Thanks a lot for your replies. Further its not new to me, I have been in this forum for longtime with my old id and then i stopped visiting . Like puhrince mentioned, When i started (six years back)it was a long wait and became concurrent and again now here we are. So lets keep our hopes high and a word of caution the consurrent filing is being questioned and may be chaged and which is good and bad if everything works as they say we may have the dates back to current by next year.

LOL
An y way any word on LC 's peding with DOL in chicago (not SWA)

Enjoy the holidays guys

Pal.

or rather this is what i posted pertaining to it - " Within the next few weeks, Dallas BEC will also be getting the backlogged cases from the Chicago Regional Office." thats all I have !

did u notice the Ohio SESA dates? they have jumped to Nov 2004 from somewhere in mid-2003 previously while Michigan remains stagnant...they can't use the excuse of the BEC's and NPC's for all this crap

god_is_hope said:
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

guys dol has updated foreign labor processing times and date. Chicago DOL is now processing 25 Dec 2003. In Nov'04 they were processing 24 Dec 2003 , in Oct'04 it was 23 Dec 2003 so and so on.

Now keep calculating when your labor will get cleared :)