Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Can somebody help me to find out my case status

Hi
I applied for LC on 7/30/2003 from Chicago DOL and then it moved to Chicago Regional on 12/30/2003. I keep on checking AVM since long time and its always said processing. But When I check this morning the AVM says they did not find this case number. Can some one please help me to find out the problem as well as my case status.

My last name is Vejandla and case number is 054 31 382.

Regards
Jagan

AVM is not working

jagan.rao said:
Hi
I applied for LC on 7/30/2003 from Chicago DOL and then it moved to Chicago Regional on 12/30/2003. I keep on checking AVM since long time and its always said processing. But When I check this morning the AVM says they did not find this case number. Can some one please help me to find out the problem as well as my case status.

My last name is Vejandla and case number is 054 31 382.

Regards
Jagan

Hi Jagan....i checked with my case number and few other random numbers...for every case number it says "cannot find" :eek: :confused: :eek:
even i checked with few approved cases it say cannot find...i think the AVM is down or corrupted....

I had read a quote somewhere. (pardon the language)

When you are getting RAPED enjoy the SEX.

With all due respect to your suggestions on keeping positive attitude etc. etc. The bottom-line is - we are being raped and it is impossible for me to enjoying this ordeal.

radosavd1 said:
The first explanation that comes to mind is that AVM is probably down since they are moving to the new location...
It looks like it is not worth calling before December or even January 2005.

But, Guys keep positive attitude and eventually every little piece will neatly fall in its place. :p

Can this "Move" be related to PERM

My attorney said (As gcneednow has mentioned )

The National Processing Center is the one who is going to handle PERM. And they are going to be open and operational by Nov 1 or 2nd. Thus PERM will be imminent in Novemeber and these processing centers will start accepting PERM applications.

PS: Saying this, she is denying to apply RIR. She thinks company may rather spend on advertising just for PERM as PERM is this close.

Please reflect.

Good News

Hi everyone!!!!

Just called the DOL today morning, inquired about No-RIR cases and lady said as usual aug 2002, but on asking her about when they will proceed to process the cases she said it will be somewhere between today and next week. She seemed pretty sure about it and I think it is positive news, probably by next week we should see some approvals.

Till then lets hope for the best......

50% remands

From the daya Rhythm collected, it looks like that they are remanding 50% cases. This whole Labor cerfitication and GC process is like a lottery program.
I wonder why they have a seperate lottery program.

I already faced a RFE in state level and it reached DOL Chicago region office 06/01/2004. So I may be looking at one year nearly to see my labor cerfified.

I such an unlucky fellow I faced the same problem in maryland and switched company to apply from chicago just like lot of guys and may be I passed my unluck here too. Sorryguys.

One more thing i dont understand they approved my collegues application, with exactly same paperwork, same job desc, same salary, infact same advertisement too. I understand that they can not be perfect with that number of applications they are processing and they are human beings too. But at the end of the day we are the victims and our fate is at stake.

I really really hope and pray god this torture will end soon for all of us.

waitinforlc (Senior Member) :( :mad:

H1B to J2

Hi All,
I am on H1B and my labor is being processed at Chicago DOL. My second H1B is expiring on Feb 22nd, 2005. My wife is on J1. One option for me to be able to keep working here is that I switch to J2. The following are my question:

1 - If I switch to J2 (dependent of J1) will I be required to leave for two year after the expiration of my wife's J1 as my wife has that listed on her visa?

2 - What happens to my labor certification? Will I be able to file for change of status after the labor is approved if I am on J1 visa?

I would really appreciate the answer to the above questions.

raheelsajid said:
Hi All,
I am on H1B and my labor is being processed at Chicago DOL. My second H1B is expiring on Feb 22nd, 2005. My wife is on J1. One option for me to be able to keep working here is that I switch to J2. The following are my question:

1 - If I switch to J2 (dependent of J1) will I be required to leave for two year after the expiration of my wife's J1 as my wife has that listed on her visa?

2 - What happens to my labor certification? Will I be able to file for change of status after the labor is approved if I am on J1 visa?

Why don't you just apply for H1 Extension ??

If you switch to J2, you will have to apply for work authorization before you can continue the current job & You will have to leave the country for 2 year unless you already have filed I-485 by J expiry time.

To keep things simple, I would just get H1 extension.

raheelsajid said:
Hi All,

I am on H1, labor filed from Chicago :mad: :D , my wife was offered a Job on a J1 visa, I spoke to my Lawyer and he advised my wife not to accept the job on a J1 visa - she refused the job on J1 and fortunately for her they processed her H1 :) .

One reason we did not do it is because I did not want my wife to have to leave for 2 years and also the lawyer said that H1 and J1 don't go very well together :confused:

The J1 and J2 has a compulsary 2 year return unless you can get a wavier - there is a section on this site that explains the process of getting a wavier.

Welcome to Q

A Q that never starts....forget about the end....

sorry no offense it is meant to be a joke :)- On the other hand congratulations on clearing the state process...

VHD999 said:
Ohio PD May 2004
Chicago RD Sep 22 2004

gp111 said:
Why don't you just apply for H1 Extension ??

If you switch to J2, you will have to apply for work authorization before you can continue the current job & You will have to leave the country for 2 year unless you already have filed I-485 by J expiry time.

To keep things simple, I would just get H1 extension.
Thanks for your comments but I can not apply for H1 extention because my labor is not going to be at lest one year old on Feb 22 2005. Which is when my H1B's sixth year ends.

raheelsajid said:
Thanks for your comments but I can not apply for H1 extention because my labor is not going to be at lest one year old on Feb 22 2005. Which is when my H1B's sixth year ends.

In this case your best bet is to move to J2, you can work on a J2 - there is a big FAQ on this site for J2. Before you move to a J2 check with a lawyer how this will effect your current GC processing.

Chicago DOL

All,

Is there a # where we can call the DOL and find the status of our case. What do we need to provide them.

Let me know

Thanks

nylabor, Check the first 2-3 posting on this thread, it has all the details.

nylabor said:
All,

Is there a # where we can call the DOL and find the status of our case. What do we need to provide them.

Let me know

Thanks

Chicago DOL

Kothari_Rupesh,

I tried calling the #s provided in the first 2-3 postings, that automated system asked me for my employer's TAX ID. I had entered the tax id, but it says there are no cases available for that tax #.

My Case moved to Chicago DOL on Oct 12 2004, I am trying to find out if theres a way to know my case #, as my lawyer is not providing me the same, When i asked my lawyer she informs me that it will take another 15-20 days to get the same.

Please help.

kothari_rupesh said:
nylabor, Check the first 2-3 posting on this thread, it has all the details.

Please call (312) 596-5400 and speak to the operator. He/She will ask you: last name, employer name etc. and will tell you the case #, receipt date etc..

update?

Hey guys:
I checked with Linda today, she said they are processing cases between 24-29th Dec 2003. I also confirmed that they are processing cases now and are not stopped...I am not sure how much is the truth?
My case is 2nd Jan 2004, and for that she commented, i cant tell you when it will be processed, but in near future. (not sure if she meant in years :confused: )

So does anyone know whats going on? What happened to their move?
thanks.

FIRST TIMER... DOL backlog and how to contact someone

I need to know if I can have the chance to contact the Federal Analyst working in my case. I have the case number (05415249).. it went in oct 2002 and looks like nothing is moving (MY SON will be 21 in 9 months and the lawyer told me he'll be out of the loop if we cannot freeze the age before July 2005!) ... :mad: :confused: :(

Can anyone help me with these? or at least give me a pointer where to go from here??

THANKS!!

Walter