Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this offends some one,

Why all this talks about Canada/Australia/New Zealand/changing employer etc. :confused:

This thread is for tracking Chicago DOL; every one comes hear to check what is happening with Chicago DOL, please post some information related to this.

Thanks,
No-luck.

DOL Reply

Guys,
Here is what DOL Chicago had to say - we are in the middle of upgrading processes and it might take another 2 months before we start adjudicating cases so there you go......

How do you verify labor filing ?

My labor was filed in August 2003, under RIR. My employer says he filed it. How can I be sure that he REALLY filed it ?

Hey Rajatish,

I spoke to the DOL as well..and asked them which month they are processing..she said dec2003, i prodded her and said i called a couple months ago and it was the same then..she said ..yes...thats true...my case went to DOL in Jan-04 and when i asked her how long she would estimate ..to get to that..she said ..end of september...

What specifically was your conversation and what time did u call ?

Thanks,
Mohan

Labor

I called her today and like you, pressed her for answers (read as uncomfortable prodding) and she said that they will start their processing end of september - I do not know what their plans are, I really hope they do something.

chicago dol

HI guys,
Daily I am reading this forum as there is no move in chi.dol. I too called
them and recorded message told that for RIR they r processing dec 17th.I
am hearing the same for past 15 days. Mine is Dec 18th. God!!! from April'04
they are repeatedly saying that they r processing dec'03. For 5 months if it is
moved only upto 17 days ....Imagine .......how slow they are. I am completing 6 years in dec'04 and lost my patience.

Chicago - Case

I agree with no-luck. Guys please... please... please don't discuss about Australia, Canada or whatever in this thread. This thread is dedicated to Chicago DOL tracker.Not to offend anyone....

We hope Chic DOL starts processing the cases again by Sept ending. My case date is Feb11.

Hope for the best.....

Chicago-Case

Hey Rajatish,

Did they not give any information about why they would not process any cases in sept ??? I somehow think that its being shipped to the BRC and i think they are not letting that info out right now...i don't know of any reason why they would stop processing for a month...and resume again...it sounds fishy.....the only prob with BRC is although long term its good...for all the other guys who have just been put in DOL queue ..but for people like us.who have been hanging in this endless queue for..seems like eternity it is bad..cos i think if BRC kicks in...we will be transferred to dallas..and in dallas they are doing....i think 2003 Jan for RIR...which would mean one more year (atleast!!) wait for me...mine went in in JAN04 to Chi DOL....it sure is frustratinggg :rolleyes:

mohan,i think ur wrong in assuming that our cases will be piled up on top of the dallas cases - the BRC is not being set up for that reason - why would they call it BRC then? its going to be a new center for backlog reduction purposes only...and they probably have a PD date for which they are going to implement that..i remember carterr saying that his case was going to be transferred..carterr,where are you? we haven't heard from you since - please update us!

HI Puhrince

puhrince said:
mohan,i think ur wrong in assuming that our cases will be piled up on top of the dallas cases - the BRC is not being set up for that reason - why would they call it BRC then? its going to be a new center for backlog reduction purposes only...and they probably have a PD date for which they are going to implement that..i remember carterr saying that his case was going to be transferred..carterr,where are you? we haven't heard from you since - please update us!

I agree with Puhrince. Few days back I have Posted an extract from the BRC Documentation. Its purely meant for Reducing the total processing time of the LC process and Kindly go thru the details . Essence of it - Total processing time to be reduced and for the purpose of managing the additonal work load what they are having.Few of my frnds cases have been transfered to Dallas (but from Denver). waiting to hear the detailed procedures. I will update once i hear from them.

Regards
Pal.

my case got recently moved to chicago dol. I have an offer from my client for a permanent position with them. Given the fact that chicago dol processing times haven't moved in a while and even if it does move, God knows when the aug ones would be processed, does anyone know or have heard of a case where one can switch to a new employment while the previous employer continues with the LCA process and then join them back once the LCA is approved?

mrajatish said:
I called her today and like you, pressed her for answers (read as uncomfortable prodding) and she said that they will start their processing end of september - I do not know what their plans are, I really hope they do something.
good...so atleast they will start processing end of september. and hopefully cover 3-4 months by jan when those nasty h2 s start again.

Integrate our company to Michigan

Hello

Our company has a plan to move our California office to the Michigan office. The problem is my labor certification is still in the California SESA.

If I move to Michigan, can the labor certification be transferred to the Michigan SESA without any problems or should I restart the process including advertisements for RIR ?

In any cases, I need to extend my H1 visa for 7th years. If I need to restart the process at the Michigan, I think I can not extend 7th year extension for my H1 visa.

Please let me know what happens in this case.

Thanks

Are you kidding? I called DOL today. They are not at all lifting the phone. Dont play games with people like us... :(

mrajatish said:

my lawyer called DOl
they said my case was on the fast track although they did not know when exactly it would get processed

they expect it by end sept.

(rir...pd jan04)

Hey Guys,

I think i agree with LA...i spoke to them again...had to make quite a few calls..and then one person although did not divulge much...mentioned sept end....not sure why...but when i did ask her...she did not mention anything specific...

Mohan

Status
Not open for further replies.