Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mohan_raghukul said:
Guys,

If all we need is someone to take the initiative..I am willing to do it...Longest...i would need your guidance in this..what exactly had u planned ? and how can we go about doing it..I know that we were drafting a letter to be sent to respective people and i know puhrince had a list...so lets first assimilate all the information we have right now and then move ahead..

what say guys ?

Mohan

Thanks for picking up the lead!

thanks raghukul..i guess an ideal guy would be someone who is in and around Chicago,but then again i am just guessing..let Longest Labor tell us what exactly he was planning

Ray S, please bear with us for a while..there is nothing going to in DOL to track anyway..once we finalise this petition here (since everyone checks this thread) things will be back to normal
mohan_raghukul, carry on

Kamma - Kansas SESA

Hey Kamma
can you let me know when you applied at the Kansas SESA. I am in the same boat and I am waiting to hear from them. Do you know the date they are processing?

Tracking info

Two Dec16th RFE cases were certified on Aug 25th ..
05430840 & 05430841.

New cases are not yet touched .

chic-dol said:
Two Dec16th RFE cases were certified on Aug 25th ..
05430840 & 05430841.

New cases are not yet touched .

Does anyone know how many cases approximately they process in a day? I have seen this question few days ago but I don't see any reply on that. Any update on the BRC?

L

A question

Guys,

My H1B six years is ending Jan 16th, I applied for seventh year extension. My passport has VISA stamp date till sept 09, 2004. t US does not revalidate the visa & we have to go out of country for revalidation.

I am hoping that my labour gets cleared and I will apply for EAD & then I will visit India for marriage. The problem is how will my wife come to US?? Can she come or not?? Is my fate scrood up badly ??

Can I file my I-485 here and my wife go for consular processing? I dont know if I am making any sense.

Thanks,
Tanvir

Kanjoos said:
Guys,

My H1B six years is ending Jan 16th, I applied for seventh year extension. My passport has VISA stamp date till sept 09, 2004. t US does not revalidate the visa & we have to go out of country for revalidation.

I am hoping that my labour gets cleared and I will apply for EAD & then I will visit India for marriage. The problem is how will my wife come to US?? Can she come or not?? Is my fate scrood up badly ??

Can I file my I-485 here and my wife go for consular processing? I dont know if I am making any sense.

Thanks,
Tanvir

Hey Kanjoos,

Those are all excellent questions.

I don't think you're screwed necessarily, but you should definitely talk to your lawyer. I do believe that you want to put your wife's name on the 485 application, what I don't know is if you have the ability to amend the application once it's in the queue. I suspect you cant.

I do know that if you're on a Green Card, and your wife is not, it is difficult to get her here. Only can do if you get her on a F1 or something like that. Getting a GC for your wife if you are a GC holder is another mess. A friend of mine had to pretty much wait for over a year while he "downgraded" from a Green Card to Citizenship, and it's not over yet because although he's now a Citizen, his wife has not been called for an interview yet... so a year later he's still waiting, she's still not with him here.. This won't even be an option for you because of the 5 year wait rule before you can downgrade to citizenship...

DOL Petition - Last Follow-up

Guys ,

Sorry to Interject with an un-related (to this discussion) issue..Further to our conversation in this forum about submitting a petition...please note that I have emailed Rajeev Khanna about this and all further information will be available at the following thread :

Labour Petitioning - Chicago DOL created by me...there are very few members there and if people are really interested in going ahead with this...please express it there...

If I don't recieve adequate response by tomorrow or monday, I shall abandon this effort..because unless we have many signatures this won't have the desired effect and will be a waste of time for all involved.

I have created an email id : chicago_dol_petition@yahoo.com (-- send me a private message thru this forum and i shall send u the password --) please send all communication there to further this effort since there may be concern about posting casenumbers on the public site..

Thanks,
Mohan

mohan_raghukul said:
Guys ,

Sorry to Interject with an un-related (to this discussion) issue..Further to our conversation in this forum about submitting a petition...please note that I have emailed Rajeev Khanna about this and all further information will be available at the following thread :

Labour Petitioning - Chicago DOL created by me...there are very few members there and if people are really interested in going ahead with this...please express it there...

If I don't recieve adequate response by tomorrow or monday, I shall abandon this effort..because unless we have many signatures this won't have the desired effect and will be a waste of time for all involved.

I have created an email id : chicago_dol_petition@yahoo.com (-- send me a private message thru this forum and i shall send u the password --) please send all communication there to further this effort since there may be concern about posting casenumbers on the public site..

Thanks,
Mohan
Hi Mohan,
I donot have any info about my case, coz Im still in State level and expecting to move to DOL next month. I filed my state on feb 10th. Once I get my case info, I would share that case info with all of us. Please do not abandon this process.

Thanks

Kanjoos said:
Guys,

Thanks,
Tanvir

Kanjoos,

I am not sure if you will have to go out of the country for the H1 extension. I am under the impression, revalidation is for the second 3 year and not for the 1 year, while our Labor/I140-485 is pending beyond 365 days. My H1B 6 year drawing to an end in Feb 05 and my lawyer is getting ready to apply for extension. Will know more soon.

As regards your I140-485, the best thing that could happen is Chicago DOL clears your labor soon enough and you (and your wife) can immediately apply for the I140-485. Simultaneously you can apply for EAD/AP for both. I think your wife's application is very much tied to yours and she will have to take the same path, whether it is 485 or CP.

Congrats on your marriage and wish you both the very best in life.

Higcoptimist

Sorry HIGCOP

I think I dint make sense in my message. Let me repeat it again.

I am not yet married. My VISA is getting over this september. My Six years getting over in Apr 2005. my 7th Year Extension will be filed soon.

The problem is , if I go India to marry , I will have to get my passport stamped thier, I see no hope, what if they dont give VISA?? I will not be able to enter US again & I will suffer huge losses here then. And After marriage it will be worse to show face to wife.

I hope this time I am clear.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

Kanjoos,
Sorry about your situation. Why did you decide to get married with this situation?? If USA is important stay here. If your life is important take a chance. If your fiancee is marrying you because you are in the US and will go back -- well too bad.

Tips to minimize risk:

1. If you have US education, go to Canada and get your visa stamped. That way you can re-enter USA even if your visa is rejected.
2. Get a visitor visa for your fiancee and marry her here. Then she you both can go to India and get visas and get married traditionally.
3. Rush to INdia and marry her before September (everyone wins!!)

kanjoos..why do u think you can't get your visa stamped in india?? did u find out from the embassy regarding your case? if your 7th year extension is approved, there shouldn't be any reason to reject it

metaman

small correction...You cannot enter USA if your visa is rejected in canada. You will have to fly to india or any other country get a visa stamped and then enter US

Brc

Dont know if this is of any help but i found an RFP for the BRCs. It has a lot of FAQs at the end which sound interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.