Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, thanks for the support, we are up to 21 signatures now,
just 3 hours into the petition drive,
forum readers excuse the acceptance posts, it is tiring to read one after other postings saying count me in,
but I will be frequently out, so can't check private messages,
after couple days we should be all in and then we can skip the few pages of acceptance postings.
I'll post the petition by tomorrow latest by 5 eastern,
please keep the names coming in,
once we get the petition discussed,
we'll all sign it electronically and i'll print out copies,
when we sign, all we do is include is our names, case numbers if we have any,
and our priority dates if available, and date app was transferred to the DOL.
At this stage there is no point in including employer's details,
there will be no use.
I think we can think about fund collection as and when we need,
at this stage we might have to spend only for postage and stationary, not a big deal considering what we all have already undergone in terms of mental tension and inconvenience.

Hi guys,
this is bad as well good news,
so far 30 people have joined in.
Unfortunately, I am leaving for India permanently on labor day, what an irony,
last night I accepted an offer for self and spouse contracts in India,
the website I posted my resume was jobsahead.com.
Initial response was good, but nothing came after the initial round of interviews, so I gave up hope.
The offers are too good to be true--we get relocation for all of us--3 kids, real good deal.
Coming to our petition, I have decided to abandon my labor app, one less in the queue.
I hope one of you will take on the fight from here on.
I wish I had started the petition a little earlier.
Come to think of it, it might not be that big a job and we won't loose anything by trying.
So I wish all of you good luck and thank all of you for supporting in my effort.
Thank you all.
Here is the list,

gc_deb rest_2004 mohan_raghukul puhrince
raheelsajid jaan76 kothari_rupesh apd
lateguy kanjoos downinflorida ashsh_sahay
ohiostud rakadh jdchicago2003 sadamahan
gc_when2004 days_go_by no-luck shil1
josamdee julsun blue_line bazuka6
lsr5 h1b2ndterm javaguy1974 shail007
despgc metaman

Forum members, please don't thank me and do not bore the other readers, if anyone wishes to take the lead on it will be good, otherwise we can ask the moderators to delete the last few pages.
I will be checking the thread although not that frequently, so feel free if anyone needs any suggestions after I move to India.

Who is taking the lead for this issue....Iam still in Chicado SESA. But you can count me in. I don't have any reciept numbers, can I participate in this??

Hi,

I would also like to give my name for the petition. I got the info from Wisconsin SESA. Though I have not reached till reginal labor point, I would like to support too.

Please count me in too for the fight.

Thanks

Ok since.....

Since our main leader is stepping down...for personal reasons...let us not waste time we can start working on getting an initial draft of the letter...done..

Hi,

I would also like to give my name for the petition. I got the info from KANSAS SESA. Though I have not reached till reginal labor point, I would like to support too.

Please count me in too for the fight.

Thanks

Guys,

If all we need is someone to take the initiative..I am willing to do it...Longest...i would need your guidance in this..what exactly had u planned ? and how can we go about doing it..I know that we were drafting a letter to be sent to respective people and i know puhrince had a list...so lets first assimilate all the information we have right now and then move ahead..

what say guys ?

Mohan

Patience pays!!!!

Well guys!!!,
The outburst is justifiable. Well In my experience what I have found is patience pays and everything is for good. I have been in this forum for more almost four years though I added suffix to my id due to login issues. I know the kind of rustration what every one undergoes. But by agitating an issue we are not going to resolve. Do you think all the people who can take effort are doing nothing ? Well let me say something only difference is what pace the work is moving. There has been lot study gone into this there is rengineering and workload distribution strategy which being done presently a And only question is how fast this is going to be implemented. By fighting we cannot win only thru negotiations we can win. Two ways to get think done one strategically and with out much effort where you are in position to win for sure (thru Lobying) the other way is making much of noice and spending our money and energy with no results. Has any one of us thought about how powerful the lobbying in US is , how the h1b process still exists? think of 245(i) when such decision can be made why not something for us like that . I remember some Senator bringing in a legislation where any one who has been a legal resident with all the taxes paid blah blah can directly apply for immigration ... What happenend to that? why we are not pursuing this...

PS: This is election year hmmmm....

Just a thought process...
Rgds
Pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.