Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puhrince

I consider this as big hurdle the reason is i am completing my 6years H1 Term by May 1st 2004.

May be it might have approved in Feb 2004 if it was not remanded but DOL you never know thz reason i choose my id as
2Hard2Guess.

Originally posted by puhrince
congrats!! one big step out of the way..by the way,if your case wasn't remanded, do u think it wud have been approved in feb itself?

2hard2guess

Can you please mention your dot code. Since your H1 6 year is expiring may1st, have you already completed with your medical exam for filing i140/485 concorruntely. Please let me know.
My 6th year is also expiring on may 31st and my DOL pd is jan 13th. I am crossing my fingers.

Thanks

Re: 2hard2guess

Infoseeker47

Dot Code 030.062.010
Medicals yes i have done that in Feb 2004 itself.
Just waiting for my company to send paperwork.

GoodLuck

Originally posted by infoseeker47
Can you please mention your dot code. Since your H1 6 year is expiring may1st, have you already completed with your medical exam for filing i140/485 concorruntely. Please let me know.
My 6th year is also expiring on may 31st and my DOL pd is jan 13th. I am crossing my fingers.

Thanks

2hard2guess

Thanks for your prompt response. What is the procedure for medical exam. Should I get any document from my lawyer or can I take an appointment with the doctors list from the ins website , please let me know.

Immigration attorney in Chicago?

I am URGENTLY looking for an immigration attorney in Chicago area to discuss potential change in employment and its ramifications on the greencard processing. I would appreciate your sharing any names, addresses, telephone nos. and e-mails of reputable attorneys. Some information about myself:

1. Currently working on H1B visa in Corporate Finance in a large tech. co. in San Jose, CA
2. Current employer has filed for Labor Certification under regular process (i.e., going nowhere)
3. Have been tentatively offered a job in a similar function in Chicago area
4. The Chicago firm is a startup (~1 year old) in the financial services industry
5. The Chicago firm has no experience in immigration issues but is willing to do all it takes to get the process rolling

Many thanks in advance.

dates entered in dol database

Guys,

I just called DOL, and the lady said they have only entered upto Dec. 18 in the database . Long way to go for me!
My case was forwarded on Dec. 31
Don't know the PD. Anyone around that time?

Dont worry...

restless_times,

Dont worry. Job market isimproving. It will reflect in Labor Processing by speeding up times instead of sending REFs for testing labor market or remand to employer etc, etc...

In March, 3 lakh jobs created which far more than predictions. Is it not a good sign???

Re: Non-RIR approval

Originally posted by roch03
Any latest NON-RIR approvals. The date hasnt been moved since
Aug 2002.

Have been restless and waiting for last three years with no luck non-rir. Priority date aug 1st,2002.

What about you, what are ur dates?

Called DOL like last month and the lady said that there is a hold on the non rir cases and that they will start looking at them after 18 months.....sucks doesn't it.....

anyways good luck...I guess we all need it....

still processing Nov. 2003

Spoke with some one at DOL, Chicago this AM.
My case recieved by DOL on Dec 9, 2003 has not been assigned to any analyst yet. They are currently processing Nov. 2003 RIR cases......wondering how many application did they recieve in Nov, anyways ?

-a

Re: date

I did....but she had no clue :-(

i guess..that's why she is working there, anyways..

Originally posted by kalse_2000
alvin
did u ask about date they are working on in NOV?

Thanks

Received query from Labor Dept

Hi gurus,
My lawyer received a query from State Labor Dept asking for an explanation of why the job requires experience in Oracle8i, PL/SQL, Java, J2EE, JavaScript and HTML.
So, what I have to respond this query? Can anybody please help me. Did anybody received this kind of query?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Received query from Labor Dept

Originally posted by interesttoknow
Hi gurus,
My lawyer received a query from State Labor Dept asking for an explanation of why the job requires experience in Oracle8i, PL/SQL, Java, J2EE, JavaScript and HTML.
So, what I have to respond this query? Can anybody please help me. Did anybody received this kind of query?

Thanks in advance...

Hi interesttoknow,

What was the "received date" on your application? My application was received at DOL on Nov 24 and I'm trying to get an idea on where the DOL is at the moment.

Thanks!

Questions

Hi all,

A few questions:

1. Does anybody in here have a "received date" in November? If so and your application has been approved (or submitted for a RFE), could you please mention the date? I'm trying to get an idea on where DOL is with processing Nov applications. Mine is Nov 24.

2. Is the "Received Date" the same as the "Priority Date"? On the AVS, it says my application was received on Nov 24 and the status was posted on Nov 24. Does this mean that my Priority Date is also Nov 24?

Thanks!

Yes

Rajatgupta75
yes.. Your priority date is 11/24/2003. You can call DOL Office and ask for that. Usually they won't give information unless some one from attorney ofice or Employer HR contacted them. Call Attorney and/or HR and request them to help you.
DOL Chicago is really been slow.... I think their AVG is 1 week per month thses days.. BUT lets hope for best...
Mine was Rcvd on 12/11/2003. I'm keeping my finger crossed...

Thank you

HI all,

My PD is Nov 25, 2003.
I am also waiting to hear about Nov cases. From what I have heard I understand that DOL is processing cases around Nov 10th.
Any updates or progress would be great.

Remand to employer

Originally posted by Bhasu
Just to share with Forum.

DOL Recd :31 Oct 2003
Remanded to employer : 3 feb 2004
Ad in Newspaper 22 March 2004
Retest market and results submitted to DOL : 2 Apr 2004.

Now lets see what happens at their end.... Probably another RFQ

Lets hope for best ...

Hi Bhasu:

RIR/EB2, DOL received 10/7/03,
Just received the remand to employer letter with three options. I have a couple of questions. The previous ads were on national magazine. Does the re-test have to be on the same magazine or could it be a local newspaper? Most people re-tested on Sunday. Is that a must? Does the job description has to be same as before? The job requirements asked for Master degree. Do I have to change that to Master+half a year experience?

Thanks!

Sep 2003 RIR Pending

abc3 and others,

I also have my RIR pending from Sep 2003, with no apparent issues associtaed with it. It is also from Michigan SESA. So, you have some company.

I will keep you posted when there is any development.

Birth Certificate

Hi all,
I have a question regarding the birth certificate which we need for the next stages.
I have heard that the Indian Consulate in Chicago issues a birth certificate if you show them your passport..
Do you guys know if this is valid for the GC processing or do we have to get it from the Mandal office of your birthplace..
Any input is appreciated..
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.