Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOL Case Update

DOL PD - Oct 21 2003
Case 054287XX
030.062-010

Case Updated on AVM Feb 9th as Remanded to Employer....

Any Idea what does this mean ...How long do they normally take to send notice to Attorney/Employer.

:confused:

2hard2guess:

"Remand to Employer" usually means the DOL has sent the employer (attorney) a letter looking for more details about the recruitment, for instance sometimes asking the employer to contact the prospective applicants that were not offered the position. This is usually not too serious and usually doesn't cause too much of a delay if the DOL accepts the employer's response.

I got a remand to employer.

This is what we did as one of the option..

put an add on a sunday paper for one day, will wait 2 weeks to collect resumes, do a recruitment effort and send the result to DOL.

Also we changed the ETL750A form to make the experience to 3 years and the add this time is a little detail with skills listed etc.

I hope AKSHAR is right and they approve my case after the remand is replied. Add went on last sunday, so my attorney is planning to reply on Feb 23rd.

Thanks

Thanks for the response Ashkar/ Rupajana

Rupajana
Normally how long do they take to send a letter after the case got updated on AVM....any idea

Thx

Rupajana,

Hi Rupajana,

Thanks for the link about new RIR guidelines. Can you clarify, Do you mean to say that if I apply for RIR now, i need to have either the Bachelors degree with 3 yrs experience / Masters with 6 Months experience for it to go smoothly. Let me know, I am just about to start my Labor. Your earliest reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Issues with Virtual Office

Did anyone get any NOF/Remand/Rejection based on their company office location etc. apparently lots of employers are getting NOF for filing in states other than their own.

Follow this philly DOL thread below to learn more:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=106671&perpage=15&pagenumber=181

also see this:
Recently, Stephen Stefanko and Ralph Pearson from the Region II Dept.
> of Labor contacted us. They indicated that DOL was having serious
> problems with certain employers filing in the wrong states for faster
> processing time.
>
> Specifically the DOL noted that there are multiple companies that have
> filed in Delaware at 42 Reeds Way and 901 Market St. They were
> concerned that these companies are clearly not legitimate since they
> are not transacting business in those locations.
>
> Mr. Stefanko indicated that DOL is aware of forum shopping--not only
> in this Region but in others, such as Boston-- and are going to try to
> do everything that they can to stop it. He indicated that he believes
> employers keep filing labor certification in the "wrong jurisdictions"
> and that this is actually resulting in increased delays.
>
> Mr. Stefanko explained that he was in Delaware several weeks ago and
> went to visit the address noted on the ETA 750 A forms as the
> company's DE "office." He noted that the office was in a shockingly
> sloppy and questionable neighborhood. He went into a small vestibule
> that appeared to have been ransacked and saw no one around. He called
> the employer at a
> NJ telephone number and was told that it would take 2 hours to have
> someone down to that site. He also said that other people have sent
> photographs of desks and chairs with no computer, pens, pictures,
> telephone etc. and that these types of cases would be questioned.
>
> For those lawyers who had informed their clients that it may be
> possible to have branch offices in other locations where the RIR or
> regular LC cases are being processed faster, it is wise to advise
> clients of DOL's position on this issue. With the advent of PERM
> hopefully over the next few months, hopefully delays in the Labor
> Certification process will be a thing of the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI

HI guys,
did a random check on AVM the case received on NOV 4 with DOT 030.162-014 has certified on Feb 10. looke like they are processing cases received in Nov 1st week.
-labordude

nylabor,

If you have bs + 3 yrs and Ms + 6months exp prior to joining the company who is filing your GC and also make a decent recruitment drive case, then your chance of getting certified is smoother.

Else I think the cases are under lot of scruitny.

So if you qualify for the experience and also ur salary is decent enough, I would think go for software engineer DOT code rather than programer analyst.

Hi

Hi Rupajana,

I have a bs + 8 yrs exp, but on the rir ad my company is advertising for bs+ 1 yr exp, do we need to change the ad...

Let me know. thanks for your response.

Well I am not an attorney but I have gained little experience when working very closely with my attorney for last 6 months for my case.

All these companies (mine too) have very standard procedure of BS + 2 or BS plus 1 yr for RIR, which was fine when economy was good. I think thats why they push us for these as otherwise I think they will have to do mor work.

Exactly same happened in my case when I asked why they filed for 2 years when I have 5 yrs exp. They told its company standard etc etc. Now anyway they learned the hardway and did another add.

If your RIR ad says BS plus 1 yr, the certifying officer finds it unbeleiveble that there are no US worker for such a low profile IT job which requires 1 yr exp. Hence they say your recuitment drive is not satisfactory for RIR.

I think you should let your attorney know about the recent guidelines and def push more atleast 3 years exp if your salary meets prevailing wage for such a job.

Hi
can somebody pls help me in this.

My LC ad says that position requires 3 yrs experience.
But nothing mentioned under education requirement.

Any light on this from forum members.
But anyway i am having M Tech in Computer Science and
i have 4 years experience so far.

Thanks
Ravi

No Alice - I have checked AVM with random case numbers. They seem to have moved on to Nov already.

If you don't mind what is your DOL recv date, any idea?

Jharkhandi,

Mine rec date is Nov.6, I just checked AVM, still nothing happened. I have no idea how long we are going to wait.

only wait....

Anyone with same situation from DOL?

I'm new here , experts pls help

DOL Recd Date : 4 Nov 2003
BS + 1 Yr
EB3 Non IT
Last week got reply from DOL for 3 option letter. Does anyone has this situation? My Lawyer says its very normal these days. Someone pls share their exp of path for running another AD? whats the impact ? My company didnt laid off anyone .

I got a similar letter of 3 options. We did another add in sunday paper for one day, waiting for 2 weeks to collect resumes before replying DOL with recruitment drive.

see my postings on page 188 in the same thread.

by non IT, which profession do you mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.