Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neo,

It takes a while to get into AVM - wait till end of Feb.

It is guideline and not law. This used to be case in many place earlier - now it is being reinforced. Keep your fingers crossed and prepare for query - so that you do not loose time.

Re: Doubt when i applied on November 11th regarding new RIR law?

Originally posted by neo420
I applied on November 11th and got my state approved on Dec 3rd. Now I am waiting for the fedral part which is going at the snail pace.
Also when I try to enter the AVM my employers tax id it says that number not found. what can that mean.
There are 2 options when you call AVM. First is PERMANENT. Choose it and then you will be asked for employer phone number, not taxid.

By the way, my case was transfered to Chicago DOL on Dec, 8, entered to AVM on Feb, 12.

what is AVM, and what happens after your case is with AVM? aren't u supposed to be done with your case since its 2 months now?

so is the federal at chicago taking more than 2 months - am looking at what voldemarv said..my colleague got it in less than 2..so what are the variations based upon?

Hi again Jharkhandi,

Regarding the new rule for RIR:

My LC was filed on december 15th from Nebraska SESA and forwarded to CDOL Dec 23rd.

Is it that if my lawyer filed in Decemebr, it surely complies with the new rule OR ther is still a chance that My case may come back from DOL.??

Regards

Additional Paper

Hi Jharkhandi/Ray/ All
I came to know that 3/4 RIR application has been denied and sent back to IL SESA for non-RIR for my company. The attorney said reason was not sufficient Ad's
My application moved DOL in December and Iwas wondering that If I could send more Ad's which my Employer had that time and attorney said that don't need ... he screwed all guys and some new ones EMployer put every month.
Do u think its good idea or wait........

Thank you

After my application was remanded to employer. Option was to give one more add in sunday paper and wait 2 weeks to collect resumes and do a recruitment drive.

I spoke with my attorney today. Add was posted in local newspaper on Feb 8th . Add said BS + 3 yrs with x,y,z skills (not very specific skills though). I myself corodinated with my attorney and gave the add.
its been 2 weeks now, she said the great news is that there is only a few resumes she received.

So she is making the recruitment effort right now and is planning to reply to DOL next week.

I will keep you guys posted about the happenings. I am very eager to see what do they do this time. My case went to CDOL on May 21st and I am still waiting :).

So everybody dont panic, wait and see what happens. My friend's case was remanded to state on November last year, they did a add and sent to SESA, its reached CDOL again last week. Now I am not sure when CDOL will process it (though they said the case will retain its priority date ).

kalse_2000,

Wait and watch. Putting ad now will not help. If needed - you will have to do it after DOL asks for the same(they will macth the dates when ad was put to when they asked for it.). Meanwhile ask your lawyer how is your case different then other ones? It may help you get an insight of what he/she is doing or is he/she clueless?

Rupajana,

Did you previous newspaper ad explicitly state "Bachelors degree with 2 years of experience is required"? The reason I am asking is that I have also applied under the DOT code of 030.162-014 with 2 years of exp. However, my newspaper ad does not state that a Bachelors is required, neither does it mention how many years of experience is required for this position.

Thanx,

I think Yes the job requirements should connect with the add. If the job requirement you are applied for is x yrs, the add should go with it to show there is not qualified people for the position you are applying for LC.

And again there is a lot of different opinion, but I think anybody applying now should be very careful to tie all loose end. DOL is very picky these days.

Remanded to STATE?

Hi Rupa
When ur friend case has been remended to state, what did it say? Does it converted to non-RIR ?
Becuase all cases with my employer so far Remanded to State with non-RIR.
So I was wondering that was it same situation with ur friend or some different?

Jharkhandi - Attorney damn never did any thing with application. His assistant screwed up. I think she did same pattern for every body. The only difference is that I got RFE at state level for Wages and we put 10 more days Ads internally as required by IL SESA. So I'm not sure if that will change Analyst mind to do some different action BUT HOPE for Best

Thank you

Yes, I think it is converted to non RIR. But then why did they tell to give add again.

I am not very clear of the remand to state . All i know is it moved from state to chicago again withen 2 months of remand and it will get a priority over the new non rir cases.

My company is based of Minneapolis, MN. They havent fired anybody in last 1 year, they have atleast hired couple of dozen ppl in last year i think.

They are consulting firm prefered vendor to 3 or 4 big companies here and they have add floating always looking for ppl.

Problem with most companies are they are following the same criteria they used to follow in late 90 s when there was never any problem in proving the recruitment drive. But now similar effort will not help as there is so many layoffs etc, so the companies have to be more careful and strcit to the rules.

No, its defenitely not like california trend. But IL is def following the new RIR rule v closely. So the mass cases of BS plus 2 yrs is under lot of scrutiny.

Case Status

Hello all,

Just wondering if i can call Dol can get my case number and status. Would it be a problem if i do that or should i just leave it

The only thing that i received from my lawyer is that case fwded to DOL on 11/21. When i try the AVM i cant find any cases received on that day based on company name.

Let me know if i should call. if so which number do i call

Appreciate your help
Vish

Status
Not open for further replies.