Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PaySTubs

Guy,
My Company opened branch office recently. Does anyone know that how long I have to wait ( how many paystubs I should have or Employer needs to file to State Tax ) before filing LCA.

Any help be appriciated.

Thank you

gogia,

I am from Ranchi. Well J2J - Jharkhand to Jersey.

Yeah reasonably you should wait till March (max).

It should be in AVM by Feb 2nd to 3rd week at the earliest.

Last edited by a moderator:
kalse_2000,

Wait for one revenue earning to be reported by your employer for good measures. However this is not a pre-requisite if your company has sufficient asset to prove in that state.

You do not need to get any pay stub for filing LC.

Originally posted by rupajana
Also manisudan, what is ur case status now ? I think you will also receive the letter shortly.

Hi,

Currently my lawyer had answered REF and I am waiting for reply from DOL.
Does anybody knows once the REF submitted how long does it take for analyst to decide ??????????

Thanks.

Help - Steps

Hi,

Mine is RIR filed in Chicago Jan'04 !. Can anyone briefly tell me the steps involved. I have been trying to read the pages, but unable to understand the terms like AVM etc. My lawyer said she didn't receive the receipt yet. When will I be able to track the status ? Will I be receiving any information directly or through the lawyer only ?

As I noticed most of you are filed last year. If you could provide the websites and the phone number information to get the status, that would help all the new comers like me.

Thanks a lot.

Ramyamj.

What is going on with Chicago DOL ... they are remanding and dening bunch of applications filed lately ... mainly in software related jobs...

Re: Help - Steps

Originally posted by ramyamj
Hi,

Mine is RIR filed in Chicago Jan'04 !. Can anyone briefly tell me the steps involved. I have been trying to read the pages, but unable to understand the terms like AVM etc. My lawyer said she didn't receive the receipt yet. When will I be able to track the status ? Will I be receiving any information directly or through the lawyer only ?

As I noticed most of you are filed last year. If you could provide the websites and the phone number information to get the status, that would help all the new comers like me.

Thanks a lot.

Ramyamj.

Ramyamj,

Track the processing date thru this thread and like kind on net. Also use:

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

AVM is Automated Voice Message system. Now USCIS calls it:
Telephone Information Retrieval System.

Link to AVM telephone numbers are:

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/contacts.asp

You should get into IL SESA thread. That is first step. Once SESA forwards it to DOL - then this thread will be helpful for you.

Hope it helps.

ramyamj,
welcome to the forum. AVM stands for "Automated Voice Mail" I think. you can call up the AVM at 312 353 1059 press 1 and then press 1 to check the status of ur case by case no or 2 to check the status by employer phone number. you wont get any information from DOL until the case is certified or if they ask for any RFE "Reqquest for evidence". Since ur case was sent to DOL in JAN expect 8 to 10 weeks before the DOL updates in the AVM.

your case will be assigned a case number and a DOT code and will then be assigned to analyst.

hope this helps.
-labordude

ramyamj,
I thought ur case was sent to chicago DOL. IF it was sent to IL SESA then post ur queries in the IL SESA thread as Jharkhandi said.

manisudan,

What RFE did your lawyer get for remand to employer ?

I received the letter today from DOL as Remand to employer.

They have given 3 choices

1, withdraw the application
2. ask for remand to state for non RIR processing
3. Do more advertisement for 2 weeks to show recruitment drive and resubmit to DOL.

Anybody with #3 experience.

Rupajana,

I am just curious to find out how many advertisements did you place and for how many days? Please let us know.

I have also filed as Programmer Anlyst with 2 years of experience and am scared as I have been reading in the forum that Chicago is remanding such cases.

Thanks,

shah007,

I think my lawyer placed the advertisements according to RIR necessity, state had no problem approving it. I am not exactly sure of the details of advertisement.

Actually the letter also gave option if the employer can use any advertisement placed in last 6 months to show a recruitment drive.

My company is a consulting firm hiring always and at any time they have quite a few recruitment going on for their clients, so my lawyer said she is going to use existing recruitment effort in last 6 months.

Re: Labour approved

Originally posted by rkishore999
Wisconsin SESA Recieved date : September 2nd week
SESA To DOL : Oct 25, 2003
DOL Recieved Date : Oct 28, 2003
Approved Date : Jan 23, 2004
Case# : 0542847#

Thanks

My case was forwarded to Chicago DOL on 10/7/03 and has not been assigned to an analyst yet. Plus, my case number is much larger, 05429xx. Usually it is 05428xx. What should I do?

Thanks!

Seabird

seabird,

Do not worry. Perhaps your case was entered later-that is all. ( A liitle late as 05428xx was coming to end around that time.).

Try to find out, however, why is it not assigned to analyst!

Hi all,
i want some info..can anyone let me know
suppose if i start my GC labor from Minn lets say FEb 3rd..week..
how many days it may take probably to get cleared..RIR/EB2..

i just want to know becoz i want to check..which SESA DOL is fast..
is it chicago or Minn...
for chicago company ADvertisements are ready ..i have to start...anytime means in 3 weeks

for minn..i have to put advertisements first then start the process..

let me know..i am running out of time..i am having just 3 months remainining for 6 years completion

Re: Re: Labour approved

Seabird

As per my analysis on DOL processing i figured out that they are processing by case number not by Priority Date.

even my priority date is Oct 21st in my company my colleagues case also has same date but case numbers mine was 054287XX not yet assigned to analyst and his case 054281XX(which already got approved on Jan9th).

Just need to keep our fingers crossed......

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.