Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
manisudan , i am not sure if reducing the exp is a wiser deicision, since bachelors plus below 3 yrs exp cases are under lot of scrutiny. But i think emp are not been able to file with more exp cos it goes to the hihger SVP level which requires more salary.

My attorney is suggesting to file for a higher SVP level if there is a RFE on my case (I have close to 7 yrs exp) asking for a reduce in prevaling wage condition.

They had tp put me in 2 yrs category as they could not justify my salary for the higher level,

So everybody whi is waiting for the filing please check on with the exp level as it is very important to have more than 3 yrs exp for direct approval.

Hi
Is Chicago on hold because they are for position type - "Programmer Analyst" ??

Or

Due to Experience mentioned in LC - Bachelors degree with 2 yrs exp??

My LC is for Programmer Analst with Bachelors degree. Will my case also be hold according to the above message???

Thanks
Kota

I think there is different levels for programmer analyst as per exp filed. If it is 2 yrs exp with programer analyst then I think there is wither remand or RFE etc.

Originally posted by rupajana
prabhudeva,

exactly like mine..I spoke to the analyst two times and got same answer

I came to know from my attorney (who had a long chat with the Analyst my case is assigned to )that chicago DOL is in hold for cases filed as progamer analyst requireing bachelors plus 2 yrs. All the analyst are waiting for direction from upper management for those cases. They were supposed to get direction last wednesday Jan 7th.

Even if candidate has 5 yrs exp it doesnt matter what matters is what your employer filed your case as.

Analyst said they are expecting to give RFE for those cases for supervised recuitment or amend to exp.

Hi,

What are your case details...

I am EB3 NONRIR
Got into chicago system on June 10th 2003..
Who knows when this will end, I am already into the
3rd year for labor certification...

Thanks for sharing
Good Luck ,
Prabhu :)

EB3/RIR

SESA filed march 12
DOL received May 28th
Still waiting for approval.

According my analyst they are waiting for direction from higher management for cases with 2 yrs exp.

If yours is NON RIR then it may not be a problem.

Akshar I am in the same boat as you

Hi Akshar,

I am following this board aftera long time. I read and foudn that you and I are in similar situation. My case EB2/RIR was received by DOL on 09/03/2003 and has not moved since then. Case # 0542 655X.

I called and spoke to an Analyst and he told me the same thing that my case is lying on someones table and he asked me to have the attorney fax in a request for status to the attention of a analyst. He told me 2 analyst are on vacation.

It may be that both yours and my case are assigned to the same analyst.

Hope they move it soon.

Man123:
Thanks for sharing your information. We already lost 3 months.
When I spoke to an analyst (John) two weeks ago he asked me to send a fax from my attorney/employer to an analyst (Chris – She was on vacation till 01/09/04) for enquiring about my case status. When I spoke to John last week again, finally he gave the analyst phone # whom my case assigned to, She was also on vacation till 01/09/04. I am planning to talk the analyst today or tomorrow. I think two analysts came back to office today.

Could you please write your case details?

My case details:
PROGRAMMER ANALYST - (RIR/EB3)
SENT TO IA, SESA : 07/18/03
SESA SENT TO DOL : 08/15/03
DOL RECEIVED : 09/02/03
CASE : 0542654X
DOT CODE : 030.162.014

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to an analyst today about my case status, she told me that there is something needs to be corrected in my application and the lawyer has to contact her for further details.

Akshar,

How many years exp did u file for in programer analyst. Also did they update AMV with the information you got from analyst ?

IN AVM , my case still shows received.

fax

Akshar:
I was also told to fax to the attention of Chris. Did you have the fax sent? I asked my attorney on 01/07 to fax request for status.

How was your experience talking to the analyst who is working on your case. Was she helpful? Did she tell you what was missing in your application? Did she have any issues talking to candidate directly.

man123

Kalse_2000:

My case was sent to DOL on 12/1/03. Please let me know if you hear something about your case.

Thanks,

DOL Process by Case# or Priority Date ????

Hi Folks

DOL do they process by case# or Priority Date

ForMy Colleague

054281XX PD Oct 21st 2003 AVM now telling its certified on
Jan 09th 2004.

My Number 054287XX PD Oct 21st 2003 AVM Still Says Rcvd.

Randomly i checked 054284XX etc; they have Priority Dates on Oct 27th and Some in November.

Can Some one Pls Clear my Confusion.

Rupajana:

Last Friday only I came to know the analyst (she) whom my case has assigned to, she was on vacation until last Friday (she was on vacation for a month). Today she came back to work and I spoke to her just 30 min. ago.

My case is also received status in AVM.

ETA-750 PART A – Column 14 details:

Education: Bachelors

Training: 0 yrs 0 months

Experience: 1 yrs 0 months

Related Occupation:
Programmer Analyst or Programmer or Systems Analyst or Business Analyst or Software Engineer or Consultant.

Major field of study:
Computer Science or related field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody knows how long it is taking DOL to assign case numbers??
My case was sent by the WI SESA to Chicago DOL on Nov 22nd. Havent heard from the DOL yet on a case number.

Status
Not open for further replies.