Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7th Year Extension

Hi all,
Here's my scenario. Used to work for company A and they filed my labor from California and its still pending. Now I'm with company B and they've also filed for my labor cert but thru Chicago. Does anyone know if I can use the pending labor cert from company A to file for 7th year extension even though I'm not currently an employee of company A?
Your input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Do some states take precedence at DOL Chicago level?

I was wondering if some states have precedence in processing cases that have been forwarded to Chicago? Or all of them goes to the same que?

Srigans:
Hi all,
Here's my scenario. Used to work for company A and they filed my labor from California and its still pending.
---- Do you have the receipt when it was filed with SESA? SESA sends receipt notice to lawyer with case # and it shows your PD. Can you get this?
Now I'm with company B and they've also filed for my labor cert but thru Chicago. Does anyone know if I can use the pending labor cert from company A to file for 7th year extension even though I'm not currently an employee of company A?
--- Yes, you can file 7th year h1 extension even if different employer filed LC, you need the proof that LC for you was filed more than 365 days, and SESA receipt from Company A LC will work. Get the copy of SESA receipt and file H1 7th year extension

How much time.

How much time it takes. When Lawyer reply to NOF. And Chicago Taking decission and putting at AVM ?.

pLEASE REPLY.

How much time.
How much time it takes. When Lawyer reply to NOF. And Chicago Taking decission and putting at AVM ?.

pLEASE REPLY.

ginnu

Hi Ginnu,
Thanks for answering that question. And yes, I have the SESA letter with case # and PD from California. I'm in the process of talking about it to my current lawyer (company B). This is a huge relief cuz I couldn't file labor thru company B 365 days prior to my 6 year period. This will help me stay for an extra year.
Thanks!

Add to the Tracker

I am new to this thread. Please add my details to the tracker.

MI SESA PD: 9/9/02
Sent to Chicago DOL: 7/17/03
RIR/EB2

Hi All,

PLease visit following link, these people are part of Immigration, Border Security and Claims Committee. I guess we can write then an email, each one of us and we can also call them......on the same site there is format and guide line for when you writing an email and talking on the phone with the congress man.
Is this something we should do it? At lest we can contact then, I know I am going to do that .
Thanks

http://capwiz.com/aila2/dbq/officia...ommittee=hjudi4

Please advise

I have an approved LC through employer A, i am employed with B in another state. Can I-140 and 1-485 process go on while i am still with employer B?

Are there any risks involved? Please advise.

MSin

I had a NOF during my labor certification and I was told by my attorney that after a response to NOF has been submitted DOL is supposed to make a decision in 60 days. The status gets updated on AVM ususally in a week or so.

Good Luck.
ucn.

Originally posted by leftalone
How much time.

pLEASE REPLY.

Any Recent update..

Guys/Gals..
Any idea what the ball park date dol is processing at chicago?

Details on my front :
Recieved by DOL: 5/20/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.