Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LC through Wisconsin / Chicago ?

Has anyone applied for LC through Wisconsin / Chicago and recd. an approval recently ?

Please let me know ...I am planning to either apply for LC from Wisconsin or South Dakota .

Which one is a better option - I mean which is faster ?

PLease advice ASAP . Overwhelmed...

:(

Labor process -RFE

missouri sesa - may 09,2002
chicago dol - may 13,2003
It seems the AVM has been updated today . My case got a RFE,
I Don't know what does it means ? can anyone pls clarify ??

" THE CASE HAS BEEN REMANDED TO THE STATE " - this is the message

pls give ur inputs .

" THE CASE HAS BEEN REMANDED TO THE STATE "

That probably means that DOL has moved your case from RIR to nonRIR and the entire LC process will need to be completed again under nonRIR (only your PD remains same). Hopefully your lawyer can appeal this decision. Can you give us some more information about your case e.g. position title, degree required, years of experience required etc.

California DOL has been doing this a lot. Is this a beginning trend at Chicago DOL? Hopefull not!

Anyone else in similar situation?

SHANMUGAM1174

Shanmugam,

Very sorry to hear that. I don't think the issue is so serious as you think though I am not sure if a NOF (Notice of Findings) was issued before the case was remanded back to State.

Similar situation applies to me. In my case filed labor with IL SESA in December 2002. SESA sent the case to IL DOL on February 11th 2003. IL DOL received the case on Feb 18th 2003. Issued a Notice of findings for my case on April 05 2003 and asked the employer to repond within 35 days.

The NOF was to change the number of years of experience from 3 to 2 in LC. Experience was changed and send to DOL on April 21 2003. After receiving the rebuttal from the Employer DOL remanded the case back to State on May 05 2003.

Thing to note is my case is still in RIR and has not been moved to NON-RIR. State asked my attorney to publish ad in a Sunday newspaer and do an internal posting for 10 days mentioning the required experience was 2 years. State also asked attorney to publish ad stating that repondents to the ad should send their resumes either to SESA Employment ofice or my Employer and asked them to send the paerwork within 45 days.

Employer received 1 resume and IL SESA forwarded 10 resumes to my Employer. Candidates wee interviewed and ultimatley no one was a suitable fit. Attorney has prepared the paer work and is going to send the report to SESA in a couple of days.

Again, in your case it could be the same as what happened to me or it could be different. it all depends on how fast MISSOURI SESA acts on this case. I believe IL SESA acted fast on my case.

Hence try to believe that it's just a minor case and everything would happen for god.

Any cases filed in or after the second week of April (4/9) from IL Sesa in AVM ?. Mine has a PD of 4/9 and RD of 6/5 (IL sesa) but don't know the status after that (not showing up in AVM). Are any cases filed around that forwarded to DOL?

Thanks

MO RIR LC rejected in Chicago

shanmugam1174

My MO RIR LC (May 01/02) has ALSO been rejected by Chicago, and my firm is doing EXACTLY what jalabalajings did.

I do not know what will happen to my LC, since i fear that the internal posting *may* attract some attention.

I have bben told that the LC will have to go back to Jeff City ONLY, not back to Feds. I don't know what that means, seems unlikely.

Keep us posted, either here or on the MO LC thread.

NELSONA

Nelsona,

Did your case get moved from RIR to NON-RIR?. What did your attorney tell you?. What was the reson of remanding it back to state?. Again, is your case EB-2 or EB-3?.

Also, did you receive a NOF before it was remanded back to State?.

Let me know in detail.

Thanks,

No more info

jal

I don't know any more than that. We have to run an ad this weekend and do a 10-day posting, but that's all I know.

I never heard of any RFE/NoF or anything before my HR contacted me today.

Re: is Email system working?????

Originally posted by Want_GC2002
I have been sending emails..but no reply...is it working???

There is no mail server for doleta.gov, so e-mail
system is not working:

~$dig doleta.gov mx @dino.doleta.gov

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> doleta.gov mx @dino.doleta.gov
; (1 server found)
;; res options: init recurs defnam dnsrch
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 4
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;; doleta.gov, type = MX, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
doleta.gov. 2H IN SOA dino.doleta.gov. hostmaster.doleta.gov. (
2003072201 ; serial
1H ; refresh
30M ; retry
1W ; expiry
2H ) ; minimum

;; Total query time: 58 msec
;; FROM: mymachine to SERVER: dino.doleta.gov 63.106.188.6
;; WHEN: Fri Jul 25 15:27:23 2003
;; MSG SIZE sent: 28 rcvd: 80

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

Can anyone give me the number to call and find out details about my case ?. I need an number where I could talk to someone and not the automated number .

I already have this number 312-353-1059, but I guess this is the automated phone retrieval system .

Thanks,
Rotny

Working in CA - applying thru' Chicago

Hi fellow sufferers,

I am just wondering if there are any cases similar to mine - so we can have some interesting conversation going.

I had my labor approved from CA last year and got laid off 2 days after applying for 140 (which also happened to be 2 days before the 140/485 parallel rule came into affect!!!) Got 140 approved 2 months later - but company didn't want to continue with 485.

Anyway, my new company is also based in Bay Area and so am I, but it has a branch in Chicago. So they agreed to process my GC from there, while I work at the client site here. I know there can be several issues with the LCA for H1 being here in bay area but applying for GC from Chicago. But my attorney said there are ways around that and she feels confident we can get the GC. I am currently in the process of advertising for RIR and will file for labor in Sept.

I know applying from Chicago is a hot prospect these days and I'd love to hear from others in a similar situation.

I wish each and every one of you the very best of luck for getting the GCs w/o any issues, frustrations, problems.........

keep smiling (tho' I gave that up a long time ago)
Sumedh
650 - 857 3524

emails

is there anybody getting replies from the email...

phone system is saying a case from our company reached DOL on 18th july..i think it should be mine..but can't confirm as email is still not going th'....;

is there any other way to check???

thanks,
:)

For “sumedh”

”Got 140 approved 2 months later - but company didn't want to continue with 485.”

---- Take the Risk, file I-485 with the copy of approved I-140 ( go to BCIS Online see the status of I-140) if it still shows approved . Take a chance, you don’t need employer letter to file I-485, that letter will be checked only at final stage; if you feel that your I-485 will be pending more than 180 days (I am sure it will) and I-140 is not revoked file for I-485 no need to inform past employer or current employer because that is your application it does not belong to any employer. If I-140 is not revoked after filing I-485 for 180 days you may use AC21, at that time submit new employer letter and use AC21. The Risk is only that you will loose Lawyer fees, medical fees, and BCIS fees if I-140 is revoked before I-485 hits 180 days.
If you don’t have copy of approved I-140 no problem file it with I-140 receipt or attach BCIS online printout that says I-140 has been approved ,BCIS officer can check in the BCIS computer

As back up file LC through new employer.

I don’t visit this thread regularly, if you need more info post in AC21 thread or I-485 thread orI-140 thread
Good Luck!!

any recent LC's cleared from Wisconsin/ Chicago ?

Hi All -

I need some advice from all of you out there.

Please respond !

Please let me know ...I am planning to either apply for LC from Wisconsin .
Has anyone applied for LC through Wisconsin / Chicago and recd. an approval recently ?

You all probably know that all cases in CA are being auto-remanded to State.

I am planning to re-apply from Wisconsin and would feel hopeful is someoen out there gives me some good new.....I need a ray of hope ...

Status
Not open for further replies.