Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally - Approved

Here is my LC story:

Category: EB-3 RIR (Field – IT)
Received by Missouri SWA: 09-OCT-2001
Forwarded to Chicago DOL: 07-APR-2003

Approved by Chicago DOL: 06-JUN-2003

Official copy received: 26-JUN-2003

Sincerely,

RF

E-mail update

Hi,
Is the E-mail thing is working now, Because I am not getting any reply since last two days.

Thanks
Srisathya

how do you know when a case is forwarded to the regional office? I still only have the document which states my priority date being 2/24/2003 witha file number V-IL-xxxxx-M.

how do you know when a case is forwarded to the regional office? I still only have the document which states my priority date being 2/24/2003 witha file number V-IL-xxxxx-M.

LC processing in IL

Hi,Friends in Illinois:
I have some simple questions about the LC processing in IL.
I am currently working in California and the LC processing here has almost stopped. However I heard from many friends that the LC processing in Illinois is relatively fast, which only takes <3 months to complete.

Could you please tell me whether it's a generally true situation here or those fast processing are just individual cases?

Thanks!

case certified

AVM indicates that three cases from my company have been certified by Chicago DOL, and one of them is mine. Please someone update the tracker. And does anyone know how soon the hard copy will be sent to the lawyer? My lawyer refuses to do anything before the hard copy is received.

case # 0542****
RIR/EB2 w. DOT 030.062-010
Sent to IDES 02/04/03
PD ?
Approved by IDES ?
Received at Chicago 05/01/03
Certified by DOL 06/26/03
Hard Copy Received ??

Congratulations!!

Good to know that Chicago regional stated processing May' applications.

Mine was sent to Chicago DOL on May 22nd, probably another month or so...

I did not get any file number but got a confirmation that my case forwarded to regional

may be your application filed in different state, mine is "Iowa".
---------------------------
aonflux how do you know when a case is forwarded to the regional office? I still only have the document which

my labor certified

My labor from Chicago got certified on 30th

Sent to SESA/PD - Feb 13
Sent to DOl - Apr 24
Certified at DOl in AVM - June 30
Hard copy - ??

I have a big dilemma now, whether I should apply from Chicago or California, California labor got approved in june 26th after 2 years tiresome wait, and Chicago got approved in june 30th.. any takers of my additional labor ?. Any way, now I have to go to those forums to find which one is faster for EAD and gc approvals.. I got 2 RFE's for state and 1 RFE for federal for California, but none from Chicago. SO, I think I may go with chicago for next stage.

Advertising times for RIR thru Chicago

Hi friends,

I am getting ready to file for Labor thru Chicago. Does anyone know what the min. time is for the advertising process?

I have heard times ranging from 1 month to 6 months... how long have people actually advertised. My lawyer says anything less than 3 months might be risking a rejection... others have got labors approved even after just 30 days of advertising.

We are planning to advertise in Wall Street Journal (to minimize the no. of responses for my skillset), some local Chicago daily and the co website as well as some less popular job board... does it sound like a gud strategy?

All your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Sumedh
650 - 857 3524

Chicago SESA

Does anybody know how long the Illinois SESA takes to send the Priority Date letter to the attorney. According to my attorney, my LCA was filed on June 18th but they haven't heard anything back from the SESA. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sanvibha,
Thanks for the reply.
I thought the approval itself takes only about 2 months, I was asking about the acknowledgement letter from SESA with the priority date. That should be a matter of 2 or 3 weeks right?

SESA does not send the acknowledgement letter as such. When they approve the case and send your case to Federal, you receive the letter with Priority date. (This is what my attorney told me). The date of despatch of this letter, you have to assume as the date when your case has been sent to Federal.
My case was filed in Feb. 2003 and I recd leeter with despatch date as 17th April. The priority date is given as 22nd Feb. 2003. Considering the two months of backlog in SESA, I believe that my attorney is right in his interpretation.

sanvibha .. when do you expect approval? I have a priority date of 23rd Feb 2003 -- and a despatch date of April 23rd 2003. Thanks for a very clear explanation of the labour process.

Status
Not open for further replies.