Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Update Tracker. - ucnair

Ucnair,
My PD is 3/14, RFE from IL state replied on 7/25, no news from attorneys yet! And these are extremely reputable attorneys!!!

I am guessing that State labor has sent the file to Federal Labor on 8/2 from the info I got from the AVM, company tel no. and dot code. You may want to try the same.

It does take around 2-2.5 months in Chicago state labor (check priya_nnn's details) in RIR. So don't worry - keep checking the AVM and you may get some news before your attorneys.
SDD

Originally posted by ucnair
My colleague and my applications were sent for labor ceritification on 5/20 RD 5/23 but haven't heard anything yet.
Both are RIR cases. The attorneys also haven't heard back anything from the state labor dept whether it has been transferred to Regional office or not.
Not sure whats going on!! :confused:
jbm please update tracker with my colleagues and my information.

Thx,
ucn

Last edited by a moderator:
New update

Did anybody get aprroval from Angust 29 to now? It seems that there is no progress after August 28. Mine RD date is June 18, 2002 and some of these same RD date were approved 1 week ago. Also, If NOF is issued or is denied, am I able to find out from the voice message system?

Thanks in adavnace

:confused:

New approvals

I just check the AVM;
It looks like they approved most cases RD June 21, 2002
(approval posted on 9/4/02):
0541079x
0541080x with dot code 189.117-030
0541081x with dot code 039.162-010
0541082x with dot code 039.162-010

Hopefully they are moving forward
:p

Hi guys

One of my friend applied for Labor in Michigan
and her PD is Dec 12th 2001.
Can you please post your approved date in MI labor. I found one case ( PD October 2001) approved recently.
So that people who have filed in Michigan will come to know!

Thank you very much

Nanaji

latest approvals

Hi,

how can one know latest approvals through AVM ?

i got my case no, i like to know what are the latest approval date at DOL ?

By calling AVM

You can call AVM system 1-312-353-1059 press 1 for permenent application and press 1 for 'if you know the case number'
Then suppose you case number is 054108xx or any imagenary number, start reduceing 100/200 number and enter 054106XX and listen to the status if that one is approved then add 50 number and listen to status, pick some number randomly and do trial and error method until you reach to appoval date as recent one.

It's not scientific method, but you can be more methodogical and start writing down number with detail and then you can do educated guess for next apporval date or/ and number.

I hope this will help.

Agnes

I think I also saw approval for 0541083x on sep4th.

I hope they will go with same speed.

anyone notice any new apporval ?, please post your experiences.

thanks,

JB

Thx sdd for the info...

Believe me I have been checking the AVM... Here is the scenario why I am worried.
1 - I have less than 11 months left for my 6 year limit!
2 - There were around 30 cases filed with SESA (IL) along with my case (dont know the exact number of cases) but anyways, 23 of the cases have been forwarded to the Regional office (got this info through AVM and majority of them have the same DOT code).
3 - Even after giving all this info to my attorney, almost 3 weeks back, they have not been able to confirm or deny if my case is one or the 23 cases!!!!!!

Your case only makes me only more concerned because if they come up with a RFE on my case... you can only imagine how much time I would be losing!!!

I just wish I could get some more details regarding my case.

ucn.

Re: ucnair

You could try calling IL SESA to find out though I am not sure if it is recommendable. I think you will be able to get your EAD in 11 months especially after the 140/485 concurrent processing rule. Alternatively you could also get a 7th year H1 ext since your PD is more than 12 months before 6 years expire. This is my understanding - check with a lawyer!

I will be getting on my lawyer's $#@ if I don't hear from them by this Fri. I have 13 months left too!

SDD

I am also not sure if calling the SESA or Regional office is such a good idea but I have not ruled out that option, will do that as last resort.
Regarding the extension - the attorneys already told me that once they get my 485 filed they will also apply for my 7th year extension regardless of whether I get my EAD within that time time period or not, to be on the safe side.
I guess I will also wait till Monday to see if they come back with any updates over the weekend.

Many cases with RD 06/24/02 were certified yesterday (09/05/02), with case numbers as high 5410874. Looks like they should be moving on to some of the 06/25/02 cases today.

LC Approved

My LC was approved on 4th sept 2002.

SESA Sent: June 6th 2002
SESA Approved: 17th June 2002
RD at Chicago Office: june 21st
AD: 4th sept 2002.

:)

Waiting for the Hard copy. Any idea how long it takes to receive the hard copy of the LC approval.

This thread is great. JBM is maintaining it very nicely. Thanks guys.

Good luck.

Regards
A1975

Great work GCDreamer2000 and congratulation a1975

Great work GCDreamer2000 and congratulation a1975.

a1975,

I think you should get hc within 8-10 days.
Have u done your medical yet ?
Could you please post your dot code and case number, so I can update tracker ?

Thanks,

JB

Also saw some approval case # 0541088x

Also saw some approval of case # 0541088x on sep 5th.

thanks,

JB

Need some info

My case moved from MI SESA to Chicago Regional DOL on 8/20/02.

How do I track from there? What info I need to track. Any help in this regard w'd be appreciated.

Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059

Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permenent application and next menu press '2' if you don't know the number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A)
If your company has multiple labor certifcation application sometime DOT code number helps.

I hope this will help.

JB

Originally posted by gama_2001
What is a case # and how do I get mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated tracker

here is updated tracker.

Let us know if you information is missing or wrong.

Hi Jbm and wxm8

I filed my I-140 and I-485 on last friday!
Can you give me the link for 140 & 485 discussion forum?

Nanaji

FAQ - no update

New item is marked with Bold

Incomplete FAQ on Labor Certification in Chicago

last update Sep 4, 2002

- Seems there are two analysts working on RIR case
- It usually takes 2.5 to 3 months for RIR cases (for most of IT) and takes about 4.5 to 5 Months for Regular cases
- It usually takes about 6 to 10 days to receive Hard Copy after your case get certified
- If you running out of time in your H1-B (close to 6 years), Is possible to make a request to DOL officer to expedite your case (give them your request and proof that you're 6 years almost up) (USE WITH YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE)

- List of phone number and email of DOL officers
Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

- Many attorneys advise that it is better not to call DOL officers directly asking about
your case, because it will irritate DOL officer and some attorneys said if they get
irritated, they will try to find fault on your file
- WebSite Link related to this issue : http://www.murthy.com/UDavoid.html

- Automated Voice Message number 312-353-1059
AVM seems to be working properly
- (From Nanaji) If you want to talk to DOL officer, the best time is around 8.30 to 9am Chicago Time
- Currently email lcstatus05@doleta.gov does not work

Here some notes regarding the status

Here is reply from DOL webmaster

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:30 PM

Subject: RE: status line

We have been having trouble with our national status system.
It is being worked on, and hopefully will be backup soon.

In the meantime you can get general information
from our web site: OWS.DOLETA.GOV/foreign.asp

Select Processing time on the right hand side of the screen (about 2 pages down)

- The status is updated on 5 am from Monday to Thursday (according to official)
- Based on observation, the status SEEMS updated on 9 am Chicago Time from Monday to Thursday and seems on 9 pm on Friday afternoon also sometimes on saturday
- (Fron mnew) On every monday, Automatic Voice Message gets updated (very long update). When you call AVM and the phone keep ringing, it means AVM update is in progress

- Based on observation
when DOL officers review cases depends on DOT Code and RIR/Non RIR

for example if you are Prof / Teacher for some college/university it gets approved very fast , within 2 weeks after RD

if you are IT related jobs, it takes about 2.5 to 3 months for RIR

if you are chef, it takes about 3-5 months for RIR

if you are cleaner/gardener , it just take couple days after RD because they have to wait very long time in local

and when they take RIR case, seems they follow the RD but it depends on the officer which case # he/she wants to review

- Currently it takes less than 1 month for your cases to be put on Automated Voice message after Local SESA send it to Chicago
- DOL Chicago WebSite http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05...cutxt.cfm#times
- DOL Website for all region http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
- jbm already provide excellent DOL Chicago tracker with the file called "chicago dol tracker excel.xls"
- If your case has not been processed according to time frame then make sure to
call your lawyer to inquiry about your case status, for example Your case has RD 4/1/2002 and today's date is August 31, 2002. When you check AVM, AVM reported that they already process case with RD 5/1/2002, it means that your case is about 2 weeks to 1 month behind. Please ask your lawyer to inquiry about your status, because there are possibilities that your case is lost or misplaced

- Some Immigration Link
www.immigration-law.com
www.shusterman.com
www.visalaw.com
www.murthy.com
www.shihab.net

Please give me more suggestion to make this FAQ useful for anybody that needs it

Status
Not open for further replies.