Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiransa & JBM

Kiransa,
When you apply for GC, it goes to state labor first (also called SESA or SWA), then moves to regional/federal labor (called DoL). You may be stuck at the state level as regional takes only 2.5-3.5 months. Which state have you applied from?

JBM - congrats! may see you in concurrent processing forum. I am still thinking whether to go in for CP or AOS though.
SDD

Re: call DOL

The nos mentioned below are DoL nos. If your application is stuck in State Labor (which is what it seems like) you need to call the State Labor (SESA or SWA) office.
SDD

Originally posted by Kiransa
Thank you (SDD and RaghuC) for replying so promptly.

I am in IT and this is labor clearance is for my green card. (Whats State Labor?)

I'll surely call up one of the no. below as you mentioned in your earlier mails.

Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

Re: Re: call DOL

Thanks once again sdd.

I have applied from Illinois. I am going to call DOL shortly. I'll keep you all posted.

Kiran.

Originally posted by sdd
The nos mentioned below are DoL nos. If your application is stuck in State Labor (which is what it seems like) you need to call the State Labor (SESA or SWA) office.
SDD

new

Hi

My application just got to the DOL

DOL recieved date - 16-aug 2002
Case # - 05413###

Please enter me also in you tracking list

Manju

New to this forum

RIR Labor cert. Illinois

Received at IDES (IL-SESA Priority date): June 18, 2002
Receipt notice from IDES dated: August 21, 2002

I was told once I get a Receipt notice from IDES, my case has been forwarded to Chicago DOL. Is that true?

Chicago DOL AVM still does not indicate the receipt of my case when I search by Employer phone number. Does anyone know if:

1) AVM at Chicago DOL is getting updated recently? If so, how long does it take for the case to be listed once it has been received by them.

2) Does the e-mail status update work in chicago DOL?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Re: bnks

1) It takes slightly less than 1 month to put up the case on the AVM
2) The e-mail does not work.
Pl refer to the FAQ I have put togehter.
SDD

My case is taking unusually long

Its so encouraging to see how many of you are gone through this process mostly so well.

I have been watching this forum and I almost think mine would not come through.

RIR/EB2 (Cleared SESA in 1 week but got stuck in DOL)
Received in Regional Office (Chicago DOL) April 4, 2001
Notice of Finding Issued: Nov 2001
Response sent: Dec 2001

AVM still says a notice of finding time extension has been granted and a response is due on 1990 (appears like some default date on their system). Looks like AVM status has not been updated since then.

Second verbal notice of finding Issued: Aug 2002
Response sent: Aug 2002.

Notice of findings have been for lay-off information.

Anyone want to guess if I have a chance? Have you known anyone in this situation? Its been 18 months now.

Thanks

Does Option 3 (Fax back) work in the AVM?

This morning I checked the Chicago DOL AVM and searched by my employer phone number. They have two new cases that is updated in their system for my employer's phone number recently. I think one of these two cases is most likely mine. Since the Chicago DOL's e-mail system is not working, is there any way to know what my case number is? I tried getting the information faxed to my work fax (by trying out the "Press 3 to fax this information back to you" option in the AVM) and it does not seem to work so far. Anyone with suggestions please?

Your relpies will be truely appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Does Option 3 (Fax back) work in the AVM?

Nop, it didn't work for me for last 2-3 months, better ask your lawyer to call them (chicago DOL) some time they answer very nicely, but why you want to take chance by calling by yourself. Go through faq provided by sdd.

Or other way ask your employer if they filed two application, and which one is yours. or find out help of DOT code which one is yours.

I hope this will help.

JB

Originally posted by bnks
This morning I checked the Chicago DOL AVM and searched by my employer phone number. They have two new cases that is updated in their system for my employer's phone number recently. I think one of these two cases is most likely mine. Since the Chicago DOL's e-mail system is not working, is there any way to know what my case number is? I tried getting the information faxed to my work fax (by trying out the "Press 3 to fax this information back to you" option in the AVM) and it does not seem to work so far. Anyone with suggestions please?

Thank you.

Re: Does Option 3 (Fax back) work in the AVM?

I have not tried the faxback service - so I don't know if it works or even if it does, whether the name of the beneficiary is mentioned. Let us know if you do get the fax and if the name is mentioned.

One way is to figure out from the dot code. (see my new FAQ) Else give them a call.

I am in a similar situation. My attorney has confirmed that the case has reached DoL (after an RFE from State Labor) but does not have a case number. Based on the dot code and when the case was sent, I am guessing the case number (unfortunately there are 2 cases with the same dot code). However, I would like to confirm this too!
SDD

Originally posted by bnks

Thank you.

next weeks FAQ this week

Incomplete FAQ on Labor Certification in Chicago

New items are marked with Bold, last update Sep 13, 2002

How to find your DoL case details if you don’t know:
- Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permanent applications and next menu press '2' if you don't know the case number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A)

- If your company has multiple labor certification applications DOT code number sometimes helps.

- Dot code classification can be found on
http://online.onetcenter.org/

Select "find occupations" and enter the dot codes w/o dots (!) or dashes.
- If you cannot find out this way, the only other way is for you or your attorney to call the respective SESA office and find out if the file has moved to DoL.

Processing Times

- Currently it takes less than 1 month for your cases to be put on Automated Voice message after Local SESA sends it to Chicago DoL

- It usually takes 2.5 to 3 months for RIR cases (for most of IT) and takes about 4.5 to 5 Months for Regular cases

- Seems there are two analysts working on RIR case

- Based on observation - when DOL officers review cases depends on DOT Code and RIR/Non RIR

for example if you are Prof / Teacher for some college/university it gets approved very fast , within 2 weeks after RD

if you are IT related jobs, it takes about 2.5 to 3 months for RIR

if you are chef, it takes about 3-5 months for RIR

if you are cleaner/gardener , it just take couple days after RD because they have to wait very long time in local

and when they take RIR case, seems they follow the RD but it depends on the officer which case # he/she wants to review

- It usually takes about 5 to 15 days to receive Hard Copy after your case get certified

Checking case status
- Automated Voice Message number 312-353-1059. AVM seems to be working properly (if you get an error try again)
The status is updated on 5 am from Monday to Thursday (according to official)
Based on observation, the status SEEMS updated on 9 am Chicago Time from Monday to Thursday and seems on 9 pm on Friday afternoon also sometimes on Saturday
On every Monday, Automatic Voice Message gets updated (very long update). When you call AVM and the phone keep ringing, it means AVM update is in progress

- Currently email lcstatus05@doleta.gov does not work
Here some notes regarding the status

Here is reply from DOL webmaster

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:30 PM

Subject: RE: status line

We have been having trouble with our national status system.
It is being worked on, and hopefully will be backup soon.

In the meantime you can get general information
from our web site: OWS.DOLETA.GOV/foreign.asp

Select Processing time on the right hand side of the screen (about 2 pages down)

- If you running out of time in your H1-B (close to 6 years), Is possible to make a request to DOL officer to expedite your case (give them your request and proof that you're 6 years almost up) (USE WITH YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE)

- List of phone number and email of DOL officers
Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

- Many attorneys advise that it is better not to call DOL officers directly asking about
your case, because it will irritate DOL officer and some attorneys said if they get
irritated, they will try to find fault on your file.
WebSite Link related to this issue : http://www.murthy.com/UDavoid.html

- If you want to talk to DOL officer, the best time is around 8.30 to 9am Chicago Time

- jbm already provides an excellent DOL Chicago tracker thro a file called "chicago dol tracker excel.xls"

- If your case has not been processed according to time frame then make sure to
call your lawyer to inquiry about your case status, for example if your case has RD 4/1/2002 and today's date is August 31, 2002. When you check AVM, AVM reported that they already processed case with RD 5/1/2002, it means that your case is about 2 weeks to 1 month behind. Please ask your lawyer to inquiry about your status, because there are possibilities that your case is lost or misplaced

Miscellaneous

- DOL Chicago WebSite http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05...cutxt.cfm#times

- DOL Website for all region http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

- You could get an RFE, Remand to State, Remand to Employer
"Remand to Employer" usually means the DOL has sent the employer (attorney) a letter looking for more details about the recruitment, for instance sometimes asking the employer to contact the prospective applicants that were not offered the position. This is usually not too serious and usually doesn't cause too much of a delay if the DOL accepts the employer's response.

"Remand to State" means the case has been sent back to the respective SESA for clarification. This is more serious and can significantly delay processing of the case.

After approval
While you are waiting for your hard copy, you should try and collect all documents required for concurrent processing to avoid delays. Pl see the forum on concurrent processing of I-140 and I-485 for more information:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...&threadid=57200

Some Immigration Links
www.immigration-law.com
www.shusterman.com
www.visalaw.com
www.murthy.com
www.shihab.net

Please give me more suggestion to make this FAQ useful for anybody that needs it

Re: Fax Back option in DOL

Thanks for your replies jbm and sdd.

I did try getting the fax back by choosing option #3 from DOL's AVM, but I have not received any fax from them so far. If I do, I will certainly let you all know. Unfortunately, the DOT codes in both the cases that I mentioned earlier are same. So just like sdd, I guess I will keep monitoring both cases.

You can update the tracker with the information that I have for now:

RIR Labor cert. Illinois

Received at IDES: June 18, 2002
Sent from IDES: August 21, 2002
Received at Chicago DOL: August 23, 2002

Case # 05413xxx

Thanks

Hi bnks,

I have tried the FAX back, it works. Normally you will not get a fax immediately. There is a fax back que size(i think it is 157 now) . Which means that there are 157 fax back request to be completd and yours will go in the que.

I am sure you will get a fax a 2 weeks time. Check the DOL web site for the current FAX back que size.

Hope this helps

Thanks a1975

Thank you a1975.

I'm still waiting for their fax. But will post it as soon I get it.

Fax back!

What does the fax say? Does it mention the name of the beneficiary?
sdd

Originally posted by a1975
Hi bnks,

I have tried the FAX back, it works. Normally you will not get a fax immediately. There is a fax back que size(i think it is 157 now) . Which means that there are 157 fax back request to be completd and yours will go in the que.

I am sure you will get a fax a 2 weeks time. Check the DOL web site for the current FAX back que size.

Hope this helps

What's the DoL website address where the faxback queue is mentioned?
SDD

Originally posted by a1975
Hi bnks,

Hope this helps

Looks like they are processing cases from July 8th, saw 3-4 cases get approved in last couple of days (054112##-054113##) Ofcourse there are some cases within that range still to be looked at.
ucn

Re: My case is taking unusually long

Are you by any chance working for Lucent?I am also in the same situation

Originally posted by jahanpanah
Its so encouraging to see how many of you are gone through this process mostly so well.

I have been watching this forum and I almost think mine would not come through.

RIR/EB2 (Cleared SESA in 1 week but got stuck in DOL)
Received in Regional Office (Chicago DOL) April 4, 2001
Notice of Finding Issued: Nov 2001
Response sent: Dec 2001

AVM still says a notice of finding time extension has been granted and a response is due on 1990 (appears like some default date on their system). Looks like AVM status has not been updated since then.

Second verbal notice of finding Issued: Aug 2002
Response sent: Aug 2002.

Notice of findings have been for lay-off information.

Anyone want to guess if I have a chance? Have you known anyone in this situation? Its been 18 months now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.