Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the DOL is done with the 07/08/02 cases with the exception of some of the IT occupations. Some approvals with RD 07/10/02 to 07/11/02 yesterday (09/18/02), with case numbers up to 0541146X.

Labor Approved, not yet received HC!

DOL Chicago : RD 28th June 2002
Approved on 9th Sept.
Still not received the Hard copy (19th Sept).
Any recent experiences?

Appreciate any data..

Thanks!

HC received.

Folks,

Sorry I was busy in office relocation. My Lawyer said they received HC on 16th afternoon. (it took 4 working days)

I will update tracker today.

Thanks,

JB

Labor FAQ

Incomplete FAQ on Labor Certification in Chicago

New items are marked with Bold, last update Sep 13, 2002

How to find your DoL case details if you don’t know:
- Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permanent applications and next menu press '2' if you don't know the case number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A)

- If your company has multiple labor certification applications DOT code number sometimes helps.

- Dot code classification can be found on
http://online.onetcenter.org/
Select "find occupations" and enter the dot codes w/o dots (!) or dashes.

- If you cannot find out this way, the only other way is for you or your attorney to call the respective SESA office and find out if the file has moved to DoL.

Processing Times

- Currently it takes less than 1 month for your cases to be put on Automated Voice message after Local SESA sends it to Chicago DoL

- It usually takes 2.5 to 3 months for RIR cases (for most of IT) and takes about 4.5 to 5 Months for Regular cases

- Seems there are two analysts working on RIR case

- Based on observation - when DOL officers review cases depends on DOT Code and RIR/Non RIR

for example if you are Prof / Teacher for some college/university it gets approved very fast , within 2 weeks after RD

if you are IT related jobs, it takes about 2.5 to 3 months for RIR

if you are chef, it takes about 3-5 months for RIR

if you are cleaner/gardener , it just take couple days after RD because they have to wait very long time in local

and when they take RIR case, seems they follow the RD but it depends on the officer which case # he/she wants to review

- It usually takes about 5 to 15 days to receive Hard Copy after your case get certified

Checking case status
- Automated Voice Message number 312-353-1059. AVM seems to be working properly (if you get an error try again)

- The status is updated on 5 am from Monday to Thursday (according to official)
Based on observation, the status SEEMS updated on 9 am Chicago Time from Monday to Thursday and seems on 9 pm on Friday afternoon also sometimes on Saturday
On every Monday, Automatic Voice Message gets updated (very long update). When you call AVM and the phone keep ringing, it means AVM update is in progress

- Currently email lcstatus05@doleta.gov does not work
Here some notes regarding the status

Here is reply from DOL webmaster

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:30 PM

Subject: RE: status line

We have been having trouble with our national status system.
It is being worked on, and hopefully will be backup soon.

In the meantime you can get general information
from our web site: OWS.DOLETA.GOV/foreign.asp

Select Processing time on the right hand side of the screen (about 2 pages down)

- If you running out of time in your H1-B (close to 6 years), Is possible to make a request to DOL officer to expedite your case (give them your request and proof that you're 6 years almost up) (USE WITH YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE)

- List of phone number and email of DOL officers
Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

- Many attorneys advise that it is better not to call DOL officers directly asking about
your case, because it will irritate DOL officer and some attorneys said if they get
irritated, they will try to find fault on your file.
WebSite Link related to this issue : http://www.murthy.com/UDavoid.html

- If you want to talk to DOL officer, the best time is around 8.30 to 9am Chicago Time

- jbm already provides an excellent DOL Chicago tracker thro a file called "chicago dol tracker excel.xls"

- If your case has not been processed according to time frame then make sure to call your lawyer to inquiry about your case status, for example if your case has RD 4/1/2002 and today's date is August 31, 2002. When you check AVM, AVM reported that they already processed case with RD 5/1/2002, it means that your case is about 2 weeks to 1 month behind. Please ask your lawyer to inquiry about your status, because there are possibilities that your case is lost or misplaced

Miscellaneous

- DOL Chicago WebSite http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/Pages/Acutxt.cfm#times

- DOL Website for all region http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

- You could get an RFE, Remand to State, Remand to Employer
"Remand to Employer" usually means the DOL has sent the employer (attorney) a letter looking for more details about the recruitment, for instance sometimes asking the employer to contact the prospective applicants that were not offered the position. This is usually not too serious and usually doesn't cause too much of a delay if the DOL accepts the employer's response.

"Remand to State" means the case has been sent back to the respective SESA for clarification. This is more serious and can significantly delay processing of the case.

After approval
While you are waiting for your hard copy, you should try and collect all documents required for concurrent processing to avoid delays. Pl see the forum on concurrent processing of I-140 and I-485 for more information:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...&threadid=57200
Some Immigration Links
www.immigration-law.com
www.shusterman.com
www.visalaw.com
www.murthy.com
www.shihab.net

Please give me more suggestion to make this FAQ useful for anybody that needs it

DoL tracker

Folks,
Who is going to take over the tracker responsibility now that JBM has moved on?
SDD

Any new updates??
Seems like quite a few cases (054114XX), with IT DOT codes have been certified as of 9/19 and 9/23 with RD of 7/8 and 7/12.

ucn.

caseno : 0541149x ...certified on Sep 24.
my lawyer got the hard copy on Sep 26th.

Filed for labor -- May 18/2002
approved in state --
sent to federal -- July 12/2002
certified on sept 24/2002
DOT - 030 -062- 010

this group has helped me identify when I would get my case approved.

good work guys. keep it going.

could anyone update this in the tracker.

Thanks.

Congrats!

I'll update the tracker since noone wants to take repsonsibility for it.
mmc2001 you should have got your case approved - any updates?
SDD

Originally posted by sum97
caseno : 0541149x ...certified on Sep 24.
my lawyer got the hard copy on Sep 26th.

Filed for labor -- May 18/2002
approved in state --
sent to federal -- July 12/2002
certified on sept 24/2002
DOT - 030 -062- 010

this group has helped me identify when I would get my case approved.

good work guys. keep it going.

could anyone update this in the tracker.

Thanks.

Re: a1975, bnks - Faxback

Any news on faxback? does it work, what is mentioned on the fax???
SDD

Still Waiting: Faxback

sdd,

No, I have not received any faxback so far. It has been two weeks since I requested that from the Chicago DOL AVM.

If anybody else has been successful with this Faxback service, your postings/experiences will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Some good news

Taken form www.immigration-law.com

The House of Representatives passed a bill as part of the U.S. Department of Justice Authorization bill expanding the eligibile H-1B aliens to those whose alien labor certification has been pending more than 365 days. Under the AC 21 Act, the only H-1B aliens who can apply for the 7th year H-1B extension are those who meet two conditions: (1) I-140 petition is filed and (2) 365 days have passed since the filing of alien labor certification. There are currently a large number of people who filed a "regular labor certification application" as early as 1998 which have yet to be certified. Most of these people are located in large states such as New York, California, Texas, Florida, etc. Some of these waiters are approaching the 6-year limit of H-1B but unable to apply for the 7th year extension because of the requirement for (1) above. The House bill which is reportedly expected to be passed by the U.S. Senate as well next week will save such labor certification waiters by allowing them to apply for the 7th year extension of H-1B so that they can complete the green card process. What a positive news! Please stay tuned to this web site for the development of this news.

wxm8,
thats a great news... gives me hope..and relief that I wouldn't have to start packing my bags.
keep us posted with any updates.
thx,
ucn.

Does anybody know
1. How many days does it take to receive an NOF from DOL?
2. How many days does DOL take to take a decision once DOL has all additional information requested in NOF?

Seems like both mine and my colleagues cases have been issued NOF's. Don't know much details regarding the NOF and attorney has not recieved a copy of the NOF yet.

Any information is appreciated.

ucn.

As of yesterday, DOL had started reviewing cases with RD 07/18/02, with some approvals of cases with numbers as high as 0541172X.

My case was transferred to DOL (Chicago) on 08/07/2002 from MI, however it is not present on AVM yet (312-353-1059).

Is it normal. Please post your exp/ advise. Thanx.

Approvals

Guys, i'm a new member to this portal

Some cases approved yesterday with case # 0541182X related to IT.

AVM

Raj574,
My experience is that it takes 1 week for the case to be posted on the AVM after the receipt date. Your case is definetely not normal. Ask your lawyer to call.
SDD

Originally posted by raj574
My case was transferred to DOL (Chicago) on 08/07/2002 from MI, however it is not present on AVM yet (312-353-1059).

Is it normal. Please post your exp/ advise. Thanx.

Re: Approvals

What was the RD (Receipt Date on this case no?
Also send me your case no, receipt date, RIR/NON RIR, Dot code so I can update the tracker.
SDD

Originally posted by Patcha_card
Guys, i'm a new member to this portal

Some cases approved yesterday with case # 0541182X related to IT.

I noticed in the tracker excel sheet that "a1975" 's case took only 11 days in SESA, I was wondering which state this is? also, was this RIR or non-RIR case?

In fact, if one can add the state column to the tracker excel, that would be nice - the tracker itself is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.