Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahendra_t said:
This is more serious issue than I thought, As I understand that CIS is going to put some limitation on EB3 immigration visa(Or stop processing ???) . This will happen by Jan-2005.
So now even if we get our LC approved say by Jan, we may not see any progress in 140 and 485 for years.

Hi guys,

Yes, it is expected by the State department that the EB3 category may develop a backlog as early as Jan 05. But again, remember that the issuance of the Visa, the past 12 months, has been down by 30% as compared the previous period. Let us hope the backlog may not happen, if it does, it may be shortlived. Keep up the hopes folks.

Higcoptimist

Be patience - things moving slowly

As of now Chicago DOL forum has excellent reputation by providing valuable information and tracking. But in recent days some people are using this for chat purpose and posting unrelated (Not related to Chicago LC) postings. Before posting any information please check previous postings and think couple of minutes about situations. If you don’t have time to do - better to cross your fingers and wait for result, Don’t spoil this forum with entering junk information. My request to other valuable forum members is .. Don’t entertain those junk chatting/ irrelevant messages.

If you track AVM every day/ frequently case by case you will get complete information. * What they are processing, * what are the job codes, * whether it is IT / NON IT? * Whether it is RIR /NON RIR. etc…

Don’t trust any information with out case numbers - unless otherwise you have very close relation with your authority. If you don’t have case numbers call DOL give your employer phone number and your last and first name they will give case number..if it is really filed and received by DOL. If it is not found then bug your authority and get case number…..

In reality no one is ready to file petition with their own original case numbers. So better to stop that type of discussion. If anyone really interested to file petition..first post your case number and first name and last name and job code, DOL RD . Then other people will come to join.

****If you people are really interested then “track case Numbers from AVM and post the status ( Ie; RFE/APPROVED/DENIED) that will help lot to know the status how they are moving… how many cases they are processing per day …based on that you can estimate your case process time.

*** Don’t misuse this CHI DOL Forum and free opportunity to share valuable information from other members.

Be patience and try to post genuine information. Because I know how frustrating this waiting, But don’t Lose Hope. Things moving slowly

i am sorry if I offend anyone.

Contact local Senator, Congressmen

Friends,
In relation to all those who are going to face issues with EB3 visa numbers being used up, I really think it is a good move to draft a letter to contact state senators/local congressmen. This issue needs to be raised before it becomes too late. Again, this is very relevant for anyone applying for LC, so I think I am within the purview of Chicago DOL's posts.

tekkie said:
As of now Chicago DOL forum has excellent reputation by providing valuable information and tracking. But in recent days some people are using this for chat purpose and posting unrelated (Not related to Chicago LC) postings. Before posting any information please check previous postings and think couple of minutes about situations. If you don’t have time to do - better to cross your fingers and wait for result, Don’t spoil this forum with entering junk information. My request to other valuable forum members is .. Don’t entertain those junk chatting/ irrelevant messages.

If you track AVM every day/ frequently case by case you will get complete information. * What they are processing, * what are the job codes, * whether it is IT / NON IT? * Whether it is RIR /NON RIR. etc…

Don’t trust any information with out case numbers - unless otherwise you have very close relation with your authority. If you don’t have case numbers call DOL give your employer phone number and your last and first name they will give case number..if it is really filed and received by DOL. If it is not found then bug your authority and get case number…..

In reality no one is ready to file petition with their own original case numbers. So better to stop that type of discussion. If anyone really interested to file petition..first post your case number and first name and last name and job code, DOL RD . Then other people will come to join.

****If you people are really interested then “track case Numbers from AVM and post the status ( Ie; RFE/APPROVED/DENIED) that will help lot to know the status how they are moving… how many cases they are processing per day …based on that you can estimate your case process time.

*** Don’t misuse this CHI DOL Forum and free opportunity to share valuable information from other members.

Be patience and try to post genuine information. Because I know how frustrating this waiting, But don’t Lose Hope. Things moving slowly

i am sorry if I offend anyone.
I agree 100% with tekkie. Please post only relevant information in this forum. If you want to discuss something else, please create a new forum. Interested people will automatically find it out and read it.

DOL processing Dec 29th:IT IS OFFICIAL

I just called DOL again .The lady did NOT pick up as usual.However,the VM is changed now and it says they are processing Dec29th .Earlier this morning when I called ,the VM said Dec 17th ...Looks like she changed the VM in last couple of hours and still determined NOT to pick up the phone.

AVM is still down.

Hi Guys,

I also checked DOL voice mail of Linda says they are processing 29th DEC 2003.Hope this is true and will pick up speed. :)

Thanks,
No-luck

What is AVM?

Hi,
You all are great. You are keeping all of us informed on this very annoying issue. I just have one question. What is AVM and how can I access it? My labour is at Chicago Regional office. Thanks

chic-dol said:
I just called DOL again .The lady did NOT pick up as usual.However,the VM is changed now and it says they are processing Dec29th .Earlier this morning when I called ,the VM said Dec 17th ...Looks like she changed the VM in last couple of hours and still determined NOT to pick up the phone.

AVM is still down.
i doublechecked and its dec 29. Yayyyy !!!

It is great to hear CHIC-DOL started processing. The reason first person shared this info to the forum is just to help everyone of us. And not to generate phone calls to LINDA and annoy her. After hearing the same info from 2-3 people why are we making tons of calls on the same day and posting same information??? Intead if you make the same call on Monday/Tuesday.. we could've gotten different information.

I suggest we respect and believe fellow forum users latest update and let's not try to confirm. Let's coordinate within ourselves and call them appropriately. Just my thoughts.

I do agree with lateGuy

I do agree with lateGuy, we should trust upon the posting done by other fellows and People who are calling Linda can call different-2 person after each 3-5 days and lets share such information to everyone through this forum.

I assure from my side whenever I call them I will post in the forum latest update received from DOL..

Cheers guys and good luck

guys, how about lateguy / manish be the co-ordinators and make the calls just so we do not inundate linda and team with calls by others ?

Wage determination for the 7th year renewal

Hi Guys,

While my labor is pending with Chicago, my 6 year H1b is coming to a close in Feb, 05. Needless to say my labor (like most everybody else) has been pending for more than 20 months, between Michigan and Chicago.

My lawyer is getting ready to file for the H1B extention. It looks like that a wage determination survey has to be filed along with it. My problem is that the agency which did the wage survey, when the original H1B application was filed, is no longer doing any survey. My questions are

1. Do we need the wage determination survey for the 7th year extention?
2. What are the Michigan recognaized agencies who specialize in wage determination for the non IT sector?
3. Can we have the original survey that was used for the original H1B application(Feb, 02) ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Higcoptimist

higc, a good thing would be to post this question in the H visa forums or browse thro it - i have seen this been discussed out there..but then again someone might answer it here

Thanks Puhrince,

I hope the Chicago labor gets approved soon. Things are starting to move (at last). Hope they set the pace to clear our application before the year end.

Higcoptimist

before year end..? i don't know about that - depends on what the BRC comes up with - i read in another forum that news regd it will be out on oct8..both of us were unlucky regd our mich labor in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.