Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir that link is wrong

The Link you gave is wrong. It shows "page not found".

And its great that Chicago DOL is moving. Lets see how much momentum it gains...

Dont get very happy .....because Nebraska I-140,485 is the slowest in the whole country. Nebraska I-140 is stuck at Sept 15 for past several months....so the miseries will continue.

Kanjoos

Hi rest 2004 free,

Thanks for ur website. I entered my dot code 030062010 and found it is
software engineers,systems software. I too agree with U that they haven't
started RIR-IT for dec18th and the operator told me the same.

Others if u want to visit that website go to www.flcdatacenter.com/owl_quick.asp. wage library-quick search.and click
help:eek:ccupational codes.

corrected the link. but the q is still unanswered. how often is the data updated and if the website is always accurate not not incomplete. thanks.

kanjoos - nebraska has improved considerably - ur talking about 485 cases applied last year..people applying from thsi year and especially after may1 can expect to get their approvals within a year - if u didn't know,a lot of rules have changed sinc may1

from immigration-law.com

State Department Prediction of Cutoff Dates of Employment Based Immigration Priority Dates

* We reported on September 2, 2004 that the employment-based immigration priority dates may experience a set-back sooner or later. The report was based on the State Department forecast in its August 2004 Visa Bulletin. The AILA reports that the upcoming October 2004 Visa Bulletin will carry a State Department prediction that the cutoff date for employment based immigration (EB-3) may come earlier than predicted, as early as January 2005! It is an irony that one group of immigrants have to make other group of immigrants weep to settle down in this country.

What does this mean..Can Any one please explain

This is more serious issue than I thought, As I understand that CIS is going to put some limitation on EB3 immigration visa(Or stop processing ???) . This will happen by Jan-2005.
So now even if we get our LC approved say by Jan, we may not see any progress in 140 and 485 for years.

NHVICTIM said:
from immigration-law.com

State Department Prediction of Cutoff Dates of Employment Based Immigration Priority Dates

* We reported on September 2, 2004 that the employment-based immigration priority dates may experience a set-back sooner or later. The report was based on the State Department forecast in its August 2004 Visa Bulletin. The AILA reports that the upcoming October 2004 Visa Bulletin will carry a State Department prediction that the cutoff date for employment based immigration (EB-3) may come earlier than predicted, as early as January 2005! It is an irony that one group of immigrants have to make other group of immigrants weep to settle down in this country.

What does this mean..Can Any one please explain

consequences if priority dates will not remain current.

Hi,

well according to the latest update for the visa bulletin that EB-3 categories visa numbers will be backlogged by jan 2005 this means:

part 1- if somebody will aplly for i 140 and i 485 after jan 2005, he will face a problem of not able to file for i 485 because the condition to apply for i 485 is that visa numbers are current at the moment u apply i -485.

part 2- act 21 century states that in order to get the 7 th year extension u need that ur i-140 be approved and ur i-485 be pending for more than 6 months. but after jan 2005, according to part 1, there will not be a way to fill i-485 , this means that act 21 century or 7 th year extension will not be available anymore unless ur labor certificate pended for more than 1 year.

part 3- if the visa number is not available, this means that u can't apply for an EAD and AP, as i understand it.i'm not sure about this point.

overall, having no visa numbers when reaching USCIS will be a big problem on many people and things will get worse if the current thinking for administration remain against employment immigration.

regards,

N.B: this is my opinion, i'm not a lawyer.

No We Have Not Moved.....

Dont be confused....we have not move an inch...even more frustrating is people who have Nursing background are getting their GC in 9 months or so...this is not fair at all in any case...I am not against their profession but after going through so much this is like a slap on our face.....

jagadish_yv said:
I am confuesd now. Did chicago started processing RIR cases or not. Did any one IT got approvles after dec 17th

Jagadish

What does that mean - no movement in RIR cases ??? also, anyone who has applied for labor should pay heed to the ticking visa priority date timebomb - GOD, how much more do we have to put up with ---- these ****ing system

Do Not Worry.....

INS has been giving new rules to help extend H1....whoever EB2/EB3 will be affected because of this...will get a chance to extend H1. It will happen believe me....

antonioa77 said:
Hi,

well according to the latest update for the visa bulletin that EB-3 categories visa numbers will be backlogged by jan 2005 this means:

part 1- if somebody will aplly for i 140 and i 485 after jan 2005, he will face a problem of not able to file for i 485 because the condition to apply for i 485 is that visa numbers are current at the moment u apply i -485.

part 2- act 21 century states that in order to get the 7 th year extension u need that ur i-140 be approved and ur i-485 be pending for more than 6 months. but after jan 2005, according to part 1, there will not be a way to fill i-485 , this means that act 21 century or 7 th year extension will not be available anymore unless ur labor certificate pended for more than 1 year.

part 3- if the visa number is not available, this means that u can't apply for an EAD and AP, as i understand it.i'm not sure about this point.

overall, having no visa numbers when reaching USCIS will be a big problem on many people and things will get worse if the current thinking for administration remain against employment immigration.

regards,

N.B: this is my opinion, i'm not a lawyer.

Well, it is not just about H1 extension - what happens to your EAD/AP? What happens to your 140 adjudication - people will be forced to apply for just 140. Man, a lot of people are not in jobs that they want to stay in for the rest of their lives - because of stupid Visa restrictions, people will be penalized. Point is, in a more informed economy, we have to speak up and make ourselves heard - no one is there to give a free lunch, and the sooner we express our concerns, the better.
Some reforms that may be considered
1. Allow filing of 140/485/AP/EAD even though visa number is not available.
2. Adjudicate 140 separately and allow AC-21 to be used
3. Allow people to enjoy atleast the benefits of AC-21 even though their visa numbers may not be readily available.

This is the very least USCIS can do to alleviate the misery of legal immigrants. They cannot prevent illegal immigrants, they do a bad job of border security and put in restrictions and laws on legal immigrants.

I think we should start a forum/thread for all people who are nearing LC clearance and will be soon applying for 140/485. We should start a petition and send it to Rajiv/Attorney Murthy/anyone else. We need to organize something before it becomes too late. If there is awareness and USCIS knows abt. it, there will something done, may be at a ridiculously slow pace, but it will be done.

Bottomline - let us talk about it before we regret.

It is time...

People in this forum need to wake up and do something...thats right nobody is going to give you free lunch/snack. Nobody gives a damn that people like us are waiting and browsing these sites to see some action....please participate and make an effort to solve this issue............all of us are in the same boat...to come and think of it....nobody's job is safe...we need to become free from this so called bondage....

AND please stop posting messages that a case has been certified unless you know the job title associated with it.....raising false alarms wont solve anything...

mrajatish said:
I think we should start a forum/thread for all people who are nearing LC clearance and will be soon applying for 140/485. We should start a petition and send it to Rajiv/Attorney Murthy/anyone else. We need to organize something before it becomes too late. If there is awareness and USCIS knows abt. it, there will something done, may be at a ridiculously slow pace, but it will be done.

Bottomline - let us talk about it before we regret.

Wake up

Rest-2004_free/else - Lets put our rhetoric into words and letters - I am looking for suggestions, guys, wake up, lets discuss and start looking at alternatives. I have done my MS, worked heard to get to where I am today, and done much better than many of the stupid citizens of this country inspite of my disadvantage - I do not want that to go in waste - we must form a group and discuss this - I am open to ideas.

rest_2004_free said:
Dont be confused....we have not move an inch...even more frustrating is people who have Nursing background are getting their GC in 9 months or so...this is not fair at all in any case...I am not against their profession but after going through so much this is like a slap on our face.....

as per AVM 05430993 was certified (RD Dec 18th)

DOT code: 030.062-010 (this is an IT case = SOFTWARE ENGINEER)

Status
Not open for further replies.