Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akshar,
I just called the DOL chicago office & talked to the officer about the AVM not working, and they said yes it is not working but they are working for fixing the problem, also their DOL details Database system is also down, but got one important information from him that DOL Chicago is now processing Permanent Labor Certification cases for Sept 13'03.

Akshar I think your case should have been approved by this time, please check with your lawyer about the hard copy.

Thanks,
SPB999

Thanks ALL.
I checked AVM today and my case is still pending. Also my lawyer hasn’t received any letter from DOL.
Still there are few cases to be certified for Sept 2 (dot code 030.162-014).

Re: Hi ASHKAR

I checked AVM on today morning and found second case also was moved to DOL and updated the AVM on 09/25/03, but AVM actually updated only on today morning(8 AM) only with the following details.

2) Sent to Chicago DOL (?)
Chicago DOL RD 09/25/03(per AVM)
Case # 05427426
DOT Code : 030.162-014

Just want to share the information with this forum.

Thanks,
kvrp.

Originally posted by kvrp
My company filed 2 LCs(RIR-EB3) with the following details(one of them is Mine). Both were filed on the same date with same DOT codes.
One LC was was transfered to DOL chicago(don't know whether this one is mine or not).

Sent to IL SESA 06/26/'03
IL SESA PD :06/30/2003
IL SESA RD:09/23/2003

1) Sent to Chicago DOL (?)
Chicago DOL RD 09/25/03(per AVM)
Case # 05427344
DOT Code : 030.162-014
2) ????

I checked AVM on y'day(10/20/'03) and found one case was moved to DOL and updated the AVM on 09/25/03, but AVM actually updated only on y'day morning(10 AM)

I am following this thread since last couple of weeks and noticed that you are a very active member of this thread with so many postings of DOL updates. I apprecite your help to this thread followers/participants.

Thanks,
kvrp.

Hi All,

I would like to talk to one of the following DOL officer regarding my case. Please correct me if DOL officer and phone has changed.

List of phone number and email of DOL officers

Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

Do you know who is working on IT-RIR cases? Is it advisable to talk an officer directly? ( I know that lawyer is the correct person). I think dot code 030.162-014 ( Programmer Analyst) cases are not moving fastly nowadays. Many cases are pending for a while

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.
Ashkar.

Originally posted by ASHKAR
Hi All,

I would like to talk to one of the following DOL officer regarding my case. Please correct me if DOL officer and phone has changed.

List of phone number and email of DOL officers

Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

Do you know who is working on IT-RIR cases? Is it advisable to talk an officer directly? ( I know that lawyer is the correct person). I think dot code 030.162-014 ( Programmer Analyst) cases are not moving fastly nowadays. Many cases are pending for a while

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.
Ashkar.

MY Case is pending since July 1 2003. When my lawyer spoke to the DOL rep. today they said they are still processing cases from earlier months and the online status is not the correct representation of the current processing date.

I know it sounds ridiculous, considering one of my fellow employee's case was approved , he too had the same code 030.162.014.

I think some of the cases are sent to a diff. place (just guessing) and they are not being processed as fast. I heard philly DOL was doing such a thing and sending work to diff offices in PA.

my case was pending since May 21st (reached chicago on May 21st), after a lot of tracking done, they called and said they had send a letter asking for additional information.
They say there are lots of US worker available for doing IT job.

They should hv just done that 3 months back without wasting time. Now my lawyr is thinking of reapplying hoping this time somebody else gets my case.

4 of my colleages working with me in same projects same employer same exp same degree got certified months ago. It is just they do not have any firm basis. Its all luck

In the mean time can any of you share your exp abt additional information cases.

Thanks Lbud2 and Rupajana. It is very bad to hear about your cases.
Here is my situation. My H1B 6 years expired in last month and I applied for recapturing my vacation (2-3 months). My labor has to be certified soon, otherwise I will be in trouble.

My labor details is as follows:
RIR/EB3
SENT TO IA, SESA : 07/18/03
SESA SENT TO DOL : 08/15/03
DOL RECEIVED : 09/02/03

Don't worry Ashkar. You will get ur approval very soon. You have been really very helpful for this forum.

Good luck.

Thanks,
kvrp.

Originally posted by lbud2
Ashkar -
Hope u get ur approval soon. U have been very helpful in this forum.

Thanks Lbud2 and Kvrp.
I will check my case status on Monday and will ask my Lawyer to talk to a DOL officer.

I called the phone # 312 –596-5400 (and press ‘0') for finding my case status. One lady (the operator) asked my case # and she told me that my case hasn’t assigned to a DOL officer yet, it would take 3 or 4 weeks to process my case.

Many cases have been approved after Sep 02, 2003. Is there any way to expedite my case?

I just called got the same response, mine reached chicago on oct' 21st 2002. It is not been assigned to any one yet. Mine is NON-RIR. She is saying that she not able to give any additional information at this time.

DOL Chicago current processing date update?

Any update on what date DOL Chicago is currently working on for RIR/EB3 cases with DOT code: 030.162-014?

Thanks,
kvrp.

Update Chicago Labor

Hi ,

Applied on : May 30 ,2003 ( RIR )
SESA received on : June 3 ,2003
Update SESA : July 29,2003 (Internal Job posting
needed from Employer ,In Illinois )
DOL received : Sept 29,2003
Case No. : 499xx ( Letter received by Attorney )
DOT code : 076.121-010
We had been constantly checking with AVM and it is a month now since my attorney received a letter ,its still not updated in system.

We also tried to contact 312 596-5400 as posted on Forum,operator said they could not locate file( neither by emlpoyer nor by last name or by case no.)

We tried to communicate with my Attorney today.Let`s see what happens next !!!!

We will post as soon as we know anything ...!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very common problem. I had posted a reply last week after my attorney spoke with a DOL rep. They said they are still processing earlier cases. My case was recvd on July 1. But the strangely people are getting approvals for cases recvd. in Sept.

chicago labor

hi lbud2,

Thanks for reply.

I am not really concerned about time difference with my case and the cases filed at the same time.I am concerned that DOL could not locate my file at all.

I am hoping that they haven`t misplaced the file.

Let`s prepare for the worst and hope for the best !!!

Re: chicago labor

manisudan -
When my lawyer called the DOL for the first time, they too could not locate my case. Later, the same day my lawyer got the Case # from IOWA and the date the sent the case to DOL Chicago, then Chicago was able to locate my case.

I hope they find urs too.

IL Labour

IL labour applied for me on May 14, until now, there is no correspondence to my Lawyer from SESA or DOL! I started calling my lawyer from Sept beginning every alternate week for status,
But they were kept on saying, "no problem this happens some time, but case will be approved at right time".

Now some cases applied with me on same date got approved from same employer, same dot code (030.062-010) EB3/RIR, Yesterday I called my lawyer now they are saying your case is unique, we will contact SESA or DOL regarding this and get back to you next week.

I don't have any option except to wait until my lawyer gets an answer, I kept my fingers crossed, Let see what happens? Anyone is on same boad as me?

Re: Update Chicago Labor

Looks like its taking more than a month to get into AVM. Recently some one posted saying that their case was received in Chicago DOL on Sep25th but it got updated in the AVM only in last week of Oct. Mine was the same case i heard that my case was transferred from State last month 3th(IL Sesa). But i dont see it still in the AVM.

Ravi

Originally posted by manisudan
Hi ,

Applied on : May 30 ,2003 ( RIR )
SESA received on : June 3 ,2003
Update SESA : July 29,2003 (Internal Job posting
needed from Employer ,In Illinois )
DOL received : Sept 29,2003
Case No. : 499xx ( Letter received by Attorney )
DOT code : 076.121-010
We had been constantly checking with AVM and it is a month now since my attorney received a letter ,its still not updated in system.

We also tried to contact 312 596-5400 as posted on Forum,operator said they could not locate file( neither by emlpoyer nor by last name or by case no.)

We tried to communicate with my Attorney today.Let`s see what happens next !!!!

We will post as soon as we know anything ...!

Status
Not open for further replies.