Chicago Local Transfer Interviews

Halfly Done...

I am not sure if I should be happy for not...It should be my husband's interview day, however, I got my passport stamped. The officer almost got his stamped too and at the last minute she found out his name clearance not done yet. I don't know what this mean and how long should it take. He really wanted to go back home and already got everything ready except stamp...Anybody, do you have any ideas how long it will take?

By the way, the interview is causal as posted before in this forum. The only thing I didn't feel comfortable is my lawyer spoke too much and he distracted my and my hubby's attention a lot, so it made our interview kind of dis-organized ( at least that was what I felt). When I was back home I realize I should have ask the officer more questions ( at least her name).

Sueh, what's the number in your interview notice? (it's a single strange number below your name & address at left). If it happens to be 14, please ask the officer's name for me, will you?

I will of course still visit this forum a lot and be answering questions if you have any...

The officer asked some straightforward questions such as
what my wife's job is, do we have kids, do we own a house, joint accounts or lease. And she only took copies of our tax forms, my, not my wife's, employment letter. I don't know why she still needed that, since my case was approved more than 1 year ago.
And that's it. Pretty simple questions.

Hope this helps.

XWZ,

Congratulation !
As I remember, you are primary and your husband is secondary.
Right ?
As long as you're stmaped, your huaband can get stamped easily. It's only time of matter.

XWZ, I have a couple of question. Could you answer for me ?

1. Any trouble in finding your file ? Are they willing to interview for both of you with only one interview appointment ?

2. If you're employment case, what did they ask you ?
Any other thing I need to prepare in addition to employment letter and w-2s ? Now, I'm in AC21 Case. My attorney sent the letter to inform my job change recently. Any comment ?

3. The No below address is 6. Does it mean the interview officer ?

Thank you and congratulation again.

Interviewed yesterday, but....

At first, the officer said fingerprinting was cleared, but name check was pending with FBI.

He asked only employment letter and birth certificate of my baby.

I'm in AC 21 case. My attorney informed it to BCIS recently, but
the officer didn't get it yet. He even didn't know what AC 21 is.
So, my attorney showed BCIS memorandom. He said he would study it..... However, He just looked like to accept my attorney's explanation.
I'd like to say when you're with AC 21, go with Attorney.

Then, he asked whether we have children. He took bith certificate of my baby for his file. I gave him the original one.
( If you don't have extra document, bring both original and copy and show original and give copy)

My second index finger was printed and signed on the card.

For my husband,
He looked up his computer and his file is not processed yet.
He'll call my hubby to interview again.

I was the last person interviewed yesterday. It was scheduled at 2:30PM. but, my name was called at 4:10 PM.
My officer looked like being in hurry. He said after my name check would be cleared, I would be approved and then my husband would be approved.

That's all.... We should wait agian.....

we are in the same boat

Hi, Sueh:

We are in the same boat, my wife and I went to interview on Oct 16, and we got the same result as you guys, well, just hang in there, it will be our time soon.

Wait_to_long

Thanks

Thanks, waiting too long.

My attorney said they would call my husband for interview soon.
We have one more chance to see the officers and ask of my name check then.
If I hear nothing within a couple of months, I'll contact the local congressman.

Will you keep posting your update ?

Approved

My wife and I had our interviews today (230 S. Dearborn office) and we got the approval at the end of the interview.

The officer asked for these documents in addition to the passports and interview notices:
1. My tax returns for '02 (copies)
2. Updated employment verification letter
3. Driver's Licenses (for both of us - can be any photo ID)
4. All previous Advance Paroles (for both)
5. Current EADs (for both)
6. I-94s (for both)

My interview was scheduled for 9:15 and my wife's 9:40. They did our interviews together though (at our request).

Good luck to all those who are waiting. Will be happy to answer any questions.

I would like to thank the creators, moderators and participants of this forum for providing a sea of information and being a great support group.

Thanks everybody!
Artemis

approved.

Approved and stamped. spouse and I.

Congratulation to Artemis.

Our case is pretty much like Artemis'. We had the same scheduled time we probably saw each other without saying hello.

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting. Your time will come.

Question!

Hi Armtemis and Wisefish!

Congratulations to both of you.

I am still waiting to get my interview notice.

I have a question to both of you...
Does any one is in a situation of last year's lesser tax amount than stated salary in labor and also less than the current salary than it stated in labor?

If you are then Did officer ask any questions on these?
I am in this situation.

If not also Do u have any idea how this will impact?

thanks
ImmiIL

RD: 11/27/2001
ND:12/04/2001
TD:04/23/2003
2nd FP: 08/16/2003

Re: Question!

Originally posted by immiIL
Hi Armtemis and Wisefish!

Congratulations to both of you.

I am still waiting to get my interview notice.

I have a question to both of you...
Does any one is in a situation of last year's lesser tax amount than stated salary in labor and also less than the current salary than it stated in labor?

If you are then Did officer ask any questions on these?
I am in this situation.

If not also Do u have any idea how this will impact?

thanks
ImmiIL

The officer didnot look very hard on the salary on my employment letter as far as I can see. At least I did not see him try to compare the number. Personally I don't think you will have problem. Did you ask your attorney about this? Perhaps he/she will have more idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally the day has come, we recieved approval (me & my spouse) at the end of interview today...

Special thanks to IJ, Dfagen19 for answering my questions earlier.

We were exactly called at the interview time. Officer was very nice and friendly.

Thanks to creators and moderators of this forum. I will be more than happy to answer any question.

Best of luck to everybody waiting!! You are next !!!:D

Thank you

Thanks WiseFish.

Some how y'day i convinced my employer and he agrees to pay what ever is on Labor stated Salary.

Any way, Thanks a lot.

----------------------------------------------------
RD: 11/27/01
ND:12/04/01
TD: 04/23/03
2nd FP: 08/16/03

Congratulations All

Congratulations to all approvals.. Yes, I still check this forum.. Addicted, I guess. Besides, its nice to know how everybody is doing. Everything is voluntary, of course, but does everyone know there is a plastic card tracker sub forum in the NSC forum?? Would'nt hurt to put down your approval date and card arrival date, when you get it. Here's the link:

Plastic card

hi!

My 485 was approved and stamped at my local office after my interview. but b4 my interview i had applied for my ead extension, (in sept)my interview was in oct and my passport got stamped the same day. now i get a receipt notice from Nebraska for my ead, dated nov 14th.

what does this mean?????????????????
do i have to let the INS know that THEY have already approved my 485 and according to their own rules i don't need an ead anymore?

P.S : i had sent my ead renewal to my local office and not nebraska.

anybody else had the same situation. plz let me know what i can possibly do.

Any one get Interview Letter!

I am just curious to know has any one get interview notice from Chicago USCIS.

So far i didn't receive any notice.

FP(2nd): 08/16/2003

ImmiIL

Local Interview

Following are my details:

RD: 10/04/2001

Transfer Date: 07/04/2003

Had my third EAD few days back applied almost 90 days.

Just got call from my lawyer for Interview date of 01/06/2004.

Hope it goes well and I will update.

Reg.EAD at Chicago Office!

Hi Welldone,

Can u tell me when did u apply for EAD at chicago office and when u receive it?

I have also applied for EAD. They received it on Sep11'2003.
But so far i did n't get appointment letter for EAD.

In case if i don't get it with in one or two weeks I am planning to go on 22nd as my ead will expire on 01/01/2004

Thanks

-------------------
ND: 12/04/2001
TD: 04/23/2003

EAD

Hi,

Sorry for replying so late, I did apply in Sep' 2003 and got a letter from Local INS with a Dec' 03 2003 date. My EAD was expiring on Nov 27, so I decided to go to local office.

I went there and stood by the Walkin line and got it.

Let me know, if you have any questions.