EAD / AP filling at Chicago Office

FYI

My I485 case is pending at Chicago Office with following details
RD - 08/2001
TD - 09/2002
AC21 filed - 04/2003
Moved to California - 05/2003
EAD/AP renewal filed - 07/2003

Chicago office refused to accept the EAD/AP and advised to file it with Los Angeles office. But the I-485 status is unknown as to whether Chicago office will adjudicate it or transfer it to Los Angeles office.

Will keep you guys posted....

Chicago wait times

I was at the BCIS office on Jackson and saw a sign there which said that it is taking 22 months for I485 cases. I imagine that the time is from the filing date at NSC. It also said that only those whose cases have taken longer than 22 months can inquire about the status.

I know that for some of you it has been longer than that already. Good luck to you all.

Secondary Security Check

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I received a letter from the Senator's office alongwith the letter from INS addressed to Senator. The letter says my case is pending as a response from FBI regarding Secondary Security Check is awaited. Does anybody know what is this Secendory Security Check and how long it takes for FBI to conduct this exercise? Incidentally I am not subject to Special Registration.

I had my Interview in the beginning of January 2003 at BCIS Chicago and still awaiting the outcome.

Receipt Date: June 2001

still waiting

after you read my post on this web, I will sure you guys will feel lucky about yourself.

our cases( my wifes' and mine)
my wife:
PD: 01/98.
her Labor certificate was screwed up by labor department after waiting two years.
then I applied as a primary applicant, and she was a co-applicant with me.
PD 10/99
I485 ND 03/01
INS made mistake, intensionally denial our case on 12/01. My lawyer filed motion to re-open on 04/02.
Transfer to INS chicago on 07/02 because of fingerprint problem, waited for interview letter for 6 month and ssked help from senator office. In 01/03 I was told by senator office our cases have been transferred back to NSC without any reason, (nobody knew why transferred back till now).
03/03 was told to assign to an officer, no result for three month, 06/03 was told again to re-assigned to an officer.
Now, I don't know where are my case and my wife's. My lawyer said it could be transferred back to Chicago again and wait for interview.

I was so disappointed about this mess. I don't know how long I will have to wait. my online message never changes.

:mad: :confused:

Re: Secondary Security Check

Originally posted by wamu
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I received a letter from the Senator's office alongwith the letter from INS addressed to Senator. The letter says my case is pending as a response from FBI regarding Secondary Security Check is awaited. Does anybody know what is this Secendory Security Check and how long it takes for FBI to conduct this exercise? Incidentally I am not subject to Special Registration.

I had my Interview in the beginning of January 2003 at BCIS Chicago and still awaiting the outcome.

Receipt Date: June 2001

Wamu check out my FYI Name Check info thread in this forum about FBI Name check process.....or go to http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm and read about the name check process. The upper limit is 120 days accordign to this memo... I dont know why its taken 6 mos + in your case

Islambad, IJ, chiwaiter, any progress???? Savvy_123 looks like you changed jobs just around the time of your interview

Writing to senator's office

Those who have written to senator's offices could you please help me with my following questions:
1) How long did it take for the senator's office to respond to your query.
2) What did you send along with the letter as additional documentation if required.
3) Which senator is the best to approach: (a) Senator Durbin, or (b) senator Fitzgerald

Has anyone had any luck in inquring about your status by going to the BCIS office in Chicago.

Re: Re: Secondary Security Check

No news yet !!

Still waiting for Spouse 2nd FP Notice.. :confused:

Our Congressman has been very helpful in getting the details about our case from their congressional liason but
i think thats as far as they can go, coz even after their continous followups, Chicago Local Office hasn't sent any Notices yet...

Originally posted by dfagen19
Wamu check out my FYI Name Check info thread in this forum about FBI Name check process.....or go to http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm and read about the name check process. The upper limit is 120 days accordign to this memo... I dont know why its taken 6 mos + in your case

Islambad, IJ, chiwaiter, any progress???? Savvy_123 looks like you changed jobs just around the time of your interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Congman involvement

Thanks for the input IJ

My congman has told me that they cannot interfere unless there is a "gross" discrepancy on INS's part. Their definition of "gross" is if INS current dates are at least 6 mos past your RD.

I am new to this site. Can somebody explain how does a case get transferred to local office and how do we know that the case has been transferred? Is there any difference in processing time when a case gets transferred to local office rather than being processed at Nebraska INS
office itself?

Case transfer info

Originally posted by friend4chat2003
I am new to this site. Can somebody explain how does a case get transferred to local office and how do we know that the case has been transferred? Is there any difference in processing time when a case gets transferred to local office rather than being processed at Nebraska INS
office itself?

if case is transferred to local office, you will know either thru INS notice to you or BCIS online/avm. the rest of your questions are answered previously in this thread

second FP

Just want to keep you posted,

I get the second FP notice from chicago office and actually done the FP on July.17th. Still Waiting for the interview notice.

RD_0601 and Oxygenman

Have they asked you to redo your medicals for your interviews? What is UR attorney saying about this

Re: Re: Re: Secondary Security Check

Just an update, got a call from our Attorney,we received
2nd FP Notice for the spouse.

IJ
RD: 07/01
ND: 09/01
FP:12/01
TD: 09/02
2nd FP:05/03 for me

Originally posted by IJ
No news yet !!

Still waiting for Spouse 2nd FP Notice.. :confused:

Our Congressman has been very helpful in getting the details about our case from their congressional liason but
i think thats as far as they can go, coz even after their continous followups, Chicago Local Office hasn't sent any Notices yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: RD_0601 and Oxygenman

Originally posted by dfagen19
Have they asked you to redo your medicals for your interviews? What is UR attorney saying about this

Have not heard anything regarding redoing medicals from the attorney. I will get a chance to discuss this issue with the attorney cometime in the weeks prior to the interview. Will let you what the attorney says.

Spouse I485

My case was approved in 09/02, got the card in 05/03.
Spouse RD 02/02, TD to Chicago 09/02 - NO 2nd FP yet, when can we expect the approval?

Re: Spouse I485

Originally posted by runrabbitrun
My case was approved in 09/02, got the card in 05/03.
Spouse RD 02/02, TD to Chicago 09/02 - NO 2nd FP yet, when can we expect the approval?
look through this thread... your question has been answered in some form or another

Re: Re: Re: Re: Secondary Security Check

Finally Got the Finger Printing done on 08/01/03 for spouse also, but
surprisingly we received Notice at the older address, for me we received the Notice at our current address.

It really amazes me, how these people want to make it Mandatory for the Alien to mention about his/her Address Change and in turn not mandatory for their officers to Update their System
:mad:

Originally posted by IJ
Just an update, got a call from our Attorney,we received
2nd FP Notice for the spouse.

IJ
RD: 07/01
ND: 09/01
FP:12/01
TD: 09/02
2nd FP:05/03 for me

Re: Re: RD_0601 and Oxygenman

Originally posted by rd_0601_chi
Have not heard anything regarding redoing medicals from the attorney. I will get a chance to discuss this issue with the attorney cometime in the weeks prior to the interview. Will let you what the attorney says.

I talked to the attorney today and he did not think that we would have to redo our medicals.

Re: Re: Re: RD_0601 and Oxygenman

Originally posted by rd_0601_chi
I talked to the attorney today and he did not think that we would have to redo our medicals.

Thanks and good luck on your interview. Let us know how it goes. hopefully this is the end for you.