Chicago Local Transfer Interviews

IJ Call congman

IJ call UR congman if UR spouse has not received ur FP notice. They can get u notice next day. Also U can go earlier than notice date.

EAD

I HAVE APPLIED FOR EAD ON 6/12/03 FOR FIRST TIME AT BCIS CHICAGO OFFICE AFTER FILE GOT TRANSFERRED. ANY IDEA WHEN I CAN EXPECT APPROVAL OF EAD?

waiting for interview

i'm waiting as well, 2nd fp done on april 17th. last 'official' letter from chicago says they are processing cases received prior to may '01

NETELECTRONIC See Below

You will get your appt. exactly 90 days after the date on the back of your cleared money order.. BTW, you need to order a copy of that from the Post Office..... since that will be your only receipt

Re: IJ Call congman

Already Contacted Congressman, and according to them
we should be getting it within 2 weeks, but haven't
received anything as of Today

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dfagen19
IJ call UR congman if UR spouse has not received ur FP notice. They can get u notice next day. Also U can go earlier than notice date.

Thats surprising

My congman is Phil Crane. His office was able to call someone at BCIS (they have whats called a cogressional liason at the office) and get me an FP notic the same day... try again Iguess
U have to go to UR local congman,u

avrs007

sorry for the delayed reply.... If you have been reading this thread, I dont know if even nostradamus can predict scheduling of Chicago interviews... Sep '01 Rds have had interviews and december '00 rd's are still waiting..... So God knows when we will get ours. trying to use congressman, but even they can only communicate, cannot schedule interviews. At least we have this forum so we can get some idea on whats happening....

Where can I apply for AP

Since my case get transferred to Chicago INS, I send my third AP application to Chicago Office last week, but the AP application returned back to me today.

The officer letter says:
The I-131 appliczation for advanced parole, which you sent to this office, is being returned to you because this application as it pertain to your benefit catagory is not processed at this location. Please send your application to the location and address indicated below:

Employment Based Ajustment
Bureau of Citizenship & Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87765
Lincoln, NE, 68501-7765

I did get my last AP last year at chicago local office. Have they changed the AP application procedure recently? Is there any one have similar experience? Thanks!

Chiwaiter thats surprising

I got my AP from Chicago last July ('02)...... This is news to me. Thanks for the info

AP and EAD renewal

My wife and I filed our EAD and AP renewal apps in chicago back in early may. Our APs expire on June 27th. Any idea how long chicago is taking to process APs?
Also, my wife got her appointment letter for EAD renewal on June 19th but I have not yet received mine! Her appointment is on July 7th. The letter she received states that she needs to carry with her the yellow receipt among a bunch other stuff. She does not have any such thing as a yellow receipt and neither do I. Does anybody know what the BCIS is referring to? The renewal apps were filed by company attorneys. Could it be that they have the receipts?

Re: AP and EAD renewal

Originally posted by rd_0601_chi
My wife and I filed our EAD and AP renewal apps in chicago back in early may. Our APs expire on June 27th. Any idea how long chicago is taking to process APs?
Also, my wife got her appointment letter for EAD renewal on June 19th but I have not yet received mine! Her appointment is on July 7th. The letter she received states that she needs to carry with her the yellow receipt among a bunch other stuff. She does not have any such thing as a yellow receipt and neither do I. Does anybody know what the BCIS is referring to? The renewal apps were filed by company attorneys. Could it be that they have the receipts?
I have my Chicago BCIS EAD renewal appt. on the 25th. I think the yellow receipt is for people that filed their I485's locally in Chicago.I'm taking my drivers license,copy of I485 receipt, proof of payment of EAD fee (copy of money order back and front) ,marriage certificate and passport. I'll let you know how things went. I have no idea about AP's but will check and let you know. I think the new rule is that AP apps have to go to NSC

Hi Dfagen19,

Thanks for your inputs. Just one more question - Did you and your wife get your EAD appointment letters in the mail at about the same time? The reason I'm asking is because I have not yet received mine.

Folks:

Just talked to Dennis Hastert's office (our congressman) According to his aide, currently August 2001 cases are being processed. He also mentioned that between 2nd FP and actual Interview, there is a gap of about 3 months.

I hope we get done soon as we just had our 2nd FP on June 13th, 2003. (RD Sep 13, 2001)

islamabadi, when you are talking about August 2001, you are talking about the Chicago local office or NSC? MY RD is 11/2001.

2nd fp and interview date

The fact that it 'usually' takes 3 months between the 2nd fp and interview is interesting news to me. My RD is June 2001 and 2nd FP was done on Apr 17th. So I'm pretty close to the 3-month mark from the date of my 2nd fp. I bet the caveat is the word 'usually'. It also seems to be true that BCIS is processing cases well past June 2001. I heard they are processing RD July 2001; just don't know why they have not yet gotten to my file.

Have you contacted your local congressman rd_0601_chi? If I were you I would do that or visit BCIS personally.

Waiting since eternity

Hi RD_0601,

I applied for my new AP on May 19, 2003 at BCIS, Chicago. My current AP expires on June 26, 2003. I haven't heard anything from them. I also applied for EAD renewal on June 10, 2003 as my current one expires on September 18, 2003. What I gather from yoyr earlier posting that your application for EAD renewal & new AP were filed simultaneously in early May and you have already got your appointment for EAD in July. That seems like Chicago BCIS has cought up on EAD renewals atleast.

My ordeal with the AOS process continues despite having been through the interview on January 9, 2003. Incidentally, I had my 2nd FP as well on April 4, 2003. I am totally at a loss to draw any inference from all the postings we have on this board. Each case is unique in itself and no pattern can be drawn by any of the dates other than clinging on to a thin ray of hope.

Please let us know if you hear anything about your new AP.

wamu, islamabadi:

I have not yet received my EAD appointment notice. My wife has received her's. Both applications were filed on the same date. No news on the APs yet.
As regard contacting congressman, I tried last month but got the same old answer - the case is lying in the staging area and will be scheduled as soon as an interview date is available.

EAD Experience

Originally posted by rd_0601_chi
Hi Dfagen19,

Thanks for your inputs. Just one more question - Did you and your wife get your EAD appointment letters in the mail at about the same time? The reason I'm asking is because I have not yet received mine.

EAD with appt letter is a breeze. Do not go early, the friendly :)lady at the lobby will ask you to come back 10 mins before the appt time. Once you're in, it takes 20 mins to get the new one. They take all your old cards, so make sure to make copies before.

They are entertaining in-person inquiries for I485 if your RD is before 08/2001 (they claim that this is the current date they are processing). However, since I went at 9:00 am, I would have had to wait 4 hours to see someone. I might go wait in line @ 6:00 am one of these days to see if I can talk with someone about my AOS

Wamu is right about trying to see a pattern.. its pointless. At least we all know we're in the same boat and can draw strength from this