Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Thanks jiya7800. No I didn't do a name change. Hopefully you get your OL soon.

Anyone knows how long does the oath ceremony takes? I have a 12 o'clock appointment and wondering if I would be able to make it.

I have read in various posts the USCIS follows first come first served policy. Even though you take the oath at the same time, the handing over of NC is based on your arrival at the venue. If you want to finish fast reach the place early. Normally the ceremony takes less than 2 hours. All the best.

Thanks jiya7800. No I didn't do a name change. Hopefully you get your OL soon.

Anyone knows how long does the oath ceremony takes? I have a 12 o'clock appointment and wondering if I would be able to make it.

Dude - It's a once a lifetime stuff......Say around 2 hours....No name change so yours should be at the USCIS office.....Just go there take the Oath......Shake hands.......Take some pictures...Say final bye bye to USCIS.......Go to a nice restaurant and grab nice Dinner....Here is one of my favorite... ...If you don't have company let me know, i work downtown! veerasway.com i work downtown!..Can definitely join you for a drink

Dude - It's a once a lifetime stuff......Say around 2 hours....No name change so yours should be at the USCIS office.....Just go there take the Oath......Shake hands.......Take some pictures...Say final bye bye to USCIS.......Go to a nice restaurant and grab nice Dinner....Here is one of my favorite... ...If you don't have company let me know, i work downtown! veerasway.com i work downtown!..Can definitely join you for a drink

Aaaaaaah...jiya7800 funny response....don't have company but not sure I want to meet up with a DUDE that I don't know and which work's at Indian restaurant :p Just kidding :) thanks for the offer but no thanks :)

Hi
lkhanafer,
Congratulation
Can you share civic test question?

Thanks kalse2000. I don't recall all 6 of them but the ones I remember are:

1. What is freedom of religion?
2. What is one state that borders with Canada?
3. How many members are in the Senate?
4. At what age do we have to register for selective service?
5. What year was the constitution written?

IL states that bring GC, passport and Selective Service Registration. I did not register it as when I got GC, I was above 30 yr. Is this standard format letter or Do I have to get some sort of letter from somewhere?

03/12/2010 N-400 Mailed to Arizona via FedEx
03/15/2010 N-400 Received as per NOA
03/23/2010 N-400 PD
03/24/2010 N-400 ND
03/24/2010 Check Cashed
03/29/2010 NOA received
04/12/2010 FP notice recd (Scheduled: 05/06/2010)
05/06/2010 FP done
05/22/2010 Transferred to Local Office
05/22/2010 IL Received
06/30/2010 ID
XX/XX/2010 OD

Kalse2000 - My IL did mentioned about it too...I just took a printout from following web page....

sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx

I was not asked for the letter by the officer.

Today i went to Congress Pkwy USCIS office on Infopass. I had my interview on 4/21/10 and had received n652 with Congratulations same day. NO OL till date. I was called within 5 minutes and was attended by an officer in the counter at lower level itself. She informed that my case has been finally approved on 5/12/10. I am on queue for OC in court as name change is involved. I was told same may take place sometime middle of June. My worries have reduced considerably . Nothing else to do except await OL.

Congratulations madh4!!!
Did you resquest your infopass online or you just walked in? I understand that is an option in Chicago office.
Thanks for the update

Congratulations madh4!!!
Did you resquest your infopass online or you just walked in? I understand that is an option in Chicago office.
Thanks for the update
I had infopass on line. Went in and out in 10 mins. One could walk in too. But the reception counter make you wait a lot depending on how many walk in cases are there. When i went there were 6-7 waiting in the line marked without infopass and were still waiting when i finished.

I had infopass on line. Went in and out in 10 mins. One could walk in too. But the reception counter make you wait a lot depending on how many walk in cases are there. When i went there were 6-7 waiting in the line marked without infopass and were still waiting when i finished.

madh4 - Your and mine OL faith is based on this URL.... ilnd.uscourts.gov/Press/ceremony.cfm. (can't past url but i am sure you add www + http in front )My interview was on 5/10. And saw officer putting a approved stamp on my N-400. He gave me the letter..N652......He did tell me that the Oath would be some time in Mid June....Now here is the scoope....USCIS pays some $14.xx per participent to court house to administer the oath.....Last oath was on 5/13 at the courthouse.....So we have to wait till they have x-number of candidates (they have to be name change) before they can schedule the oath. May be you and i will have the oath at the same day! Who knows....This OL wait is killing me...too...

Received OL in Mail.....
OL - 5/27
OD - 6/15

Also for Chicago - Citizenship Oath Dates declared.....Here are the Date...

June 1 1:00 p.m. Wayne Andersen
June 10 1:00 p.m. To Be Announced
June 15 1:00 p.m. Jack Schmetterer
June 17 1:00 p.m. To Be Announced
June 22 1:00 p.m. Robert Dow Jr.
June 24 1:00 p.m. Maria Valdez
June 28 1:00 p.m. Robert Gettleman
June 29 1:00 p.m. Jeffrey Cole

Last edited by a moderator:
MAD-H4,

Received my OL - Today..5/17
OD - 6/15
Hope you get it tooooo!

Today i went to Congress Pkwy USCIS office on Infopass. I had my interview on 4/21/10 and had received n652 with Congratulations same day. NO OL till date. I was called within 5 minutes and was attended by an officer in the counter at lower level itself. She informed that my case has been finally approved on 5/12/10. I am on queue for OC in court as name change is involved. I was told same may take place sometime middle of June. My worries have reduced considerably . Nothing else to do except await OL.

Hey guys,

Im writing on behalf of a friend who is in the same boat as some of you. He got his fingerprints in a similar timeframe and his interview was also on 4/21/2010.

He said that the interview was fine, went smoothly - but the officer told him that there was a "glitch" with the background check and he could not recommend him and that he should wait a couple of days to receive something in the mail. As with most people here nothing has been received yet.

He just wanted to add his name to the list, as a way to say "thank you" to all other posters who have shared your experience here, it has given him peace of mind that he is not alone in waiting. I check this site for him every day to see if any of you have heard anything.

We will also post any news we receive as soon as possible to keep all of you informed

Congratulations N400_NameCheck! I have been wating longer than that and no news yet. Hope to hear some news this week.

FYI, I got my Oath letter on 6/10/2010.

I had my interview on 4/21/2010. Like a bunch of us, I was told by the IO that our name check was not done and all our cases were on hold till the name check process was complete.

I setup an infopass apt with them for Friday (6/11) at Chicago using the online method about 10 days back. However, I got my oath letter on Thurs and hence cancelled my infopass for Fri. I am not sure if the infopass helped or it's just a coincidence....

In any case, my oath is on Thurs June 24 @ 8 AM. Again many thanks to all the folks in this forum for sharing their knowledge and experiences.

Congratulations fina! I am still waiting for mine. My interview was on 4/15/10 so I hope it is coming too. Does the letter says when when it was approval? I am asking you b/c I did an infopass two weeks ago and things were still the same so didn't get any good news, so was wondering if maybe all those name checks arrive after that.
Congrats again!!!

Thanks Jchicago!

I do not think the letter said anything other then my oath date and the documents that I need to bring! It was posted on 6/9(?), I think. I will look at the letter this evening again and see if there is anything else I may have missed.

I am sure that you will get your oath letter at any time. It is just frustrating that our name check process was not done when it was supposed to...Best wishes!