Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Pass interview and oath on Dec.14

I had my interview today, and I PASSED! It was extremely easy. I walked in the IO told me to hold up my right hand and swear to tell the truth. After which she went straight into the test questions. I was asked 6 questions and I nailed all six. After which we went over the application. She asked if I still worked for company XYZ, and I said "Yes." Lastly, she went into the questions. He never asked about traffic tickets. Everything went well and the interview is OVER! Everything took 15 minutes,except the oath letter took over an hour to arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need urgent passport and INDIA VISA

Hello,

my oath on Dec.14,2009 at 8.00 AM

I need urgent US passport and India VISA.Please advice me.Any body have experirence with Chicago regional passport office.I hold my ticket for Dec.22,2009.
Can i get India visa in apply person on same day?
Can i make Passport and VISa in 7-8 Day from my oath?
Any body have experience with Direct filing of I-130 for spouse in Delhi?

Please help me

Hello,

my oath on Dec.14,2009 at 8.00 AM

I need urgent US passport and India VISA.Please advice me.Any body have experirence with Chicago regional passport office.I hold my ticket for Dec.22,2009.
Can i get India visa in apply person on same day?
Can i make Passport and VISa in 7-8 Day from my oath?
Any body have experience with Direct filing of I-130 for spouse in Delhi?

Please help me

Yes, fill out the DS-11 passport application, take your naturalization certificate, a copy of your photo id, two passport pictures, and lastly your airline tickets or itenery to 230 S. Dearborn. Make sure you make an appointment NOW with the passport agency, otherwise they wont help you out at all. For the visa go to the website download the form, then take your indian passport, with the application, and your US Passport, plus the dollar amount requested, and can you get your visa the same day.

This all works if you have your airline tickets purchased already.

Good Luck!

I was received conformed itenary on hold(till 15th).but not paid yet.

Thank you so much chaddibabu,

How many day took if i apply in regional office?can get passport in 3-5 days?
I have conform air ticket and printed ticket form virtualweb.I have e-ticket print out.Ticket is on hold upto 15th.I was not purchased ticket yet.Passport office will check that you paid $ for ticket or they only check conformed ticket?

please help me.

Yes, fill out the DS-11 passport application, take your naturalization certificate, a copy of your photo id, two passport pictures, and lastly your airline tickets or itenery to 230 S. Dearborn. Make sure you make an appointment NOW with the passport agency, otherwise they wont help you out at all. For the visa go to the website download the form, then take your indian passport, with the application, and your US Passport, plus the dollar amount requested, and can you get your visa the same day.

This all works if you have your airline tickets purchased already.

Good Luck!

My wife passed interview today at Chicago office. Her oath date is on 12/18.
The whole process was very smooth. She carried only passport, DL, GC originals.
Chicago999,
Expidited passports are supposed to take a week or two. Make sure to take an appointment with regional office ASAP.

Thank you so much chaddibabu,

How many day took if i apply in regional office?can get passport in 3-5 days?
I have conform air ticket and printed ticket form virtualweb.I have e-ticket print out.Ticket is on hold upto 15th.I was not purchased ticket yet.Passport office will check that you paid $ for ticket or they only check conformed ticket?

please help me.

The passport office will check to see if you paid. I recommend taking an appointment before you go.

I had my interview today, and I PASSED! It was extremely easy. I walked in the IO told me to hold up my right hand and swear to tell the truth. After which she went straight into the test questions. I was asked 6 questions and I nailed all six. After which we went over the application. She asked if I still worked for company XYZ, and I said "Yes." Lastly, she went into the questions. He never asked about traffic tickets. Everything went well and the interview is OVER! Everything took 15 minutes,except the oath letter took over an hour to arrive.

Chicago999 Did you tell the IO that you don't want to change your name anymore and that's why you received OL the same day? My wife requested the name change and still didn't get OL.
Thanks,

yes.

she asked me that you want name change.i said no i don't want name change.then she look in computer and said next available date for oath is 14 and i took it.

Chicago999 Did you tell the IO that you don't want to change your name anymore and that's why you received OL the same day? My wife requested the name change and still didn't get OL.
Thanks,

Naturalization ceremonies january 2010 schedule

DATE TIME JUDGE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 5 1:00 p.m. Jeffrey Cole

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 7 1:00 p.m. Samuel Der-Yeghiayan

January 12 1:00 p.m. Geraldine Brown

January 14 1:00 p.m. Virginia Kendall

January 19 1:00 p.m. Nan Nolan

January 21 1:00 p.m. Robert Dow Jr.

January 28 1:00 p.m. Michael Mason

Congrats spiderman! You had it long time coming. I hope that the rest of the process is a breeze.
Cheers!

Just curious. The IO didn't give the oath letter when he/she passed you? I thought Chicago DO asks you to wait outside for the oath letter if the interview goes well.

from this web site
ilnd.uscourts.gov/Press/ceremony.cfm

Hi, I am just curious, I have just finished my Oath ceremony this week and I actually took it at the Immmigration building on congress parkway. So, in addition, are there situations, that a judge in a court swears one in at a district court?

My friend is going through this process and so I was not sure. Thanks!

How many hours take for oath?

I have oath on Dec.14 at 8.00 AM at congress parkway.

I want to plan my day for passport.So please tell me how many hours take for oath at chicago.Can you write your experience for oath.

thanks

Hi, I am just curious, I have just finished my Oath ceremony this week and I actually took it at the Immmigration building on congress parkway. So, in addition, are there situations, that a judge in a court swears one in at a district court?

My friend is going through this process and so I was not sure. Thanks!