Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

My friend did you watch the 49ers vs. Vikings game? I did, and I saw how far that ball went for a hail mary touchdown! Does Doug Flutie still play in this league?

P.S. I dont like the Vikings at all. :mad:

Anyway back to answering questions about the USCIS.

But Hail Mary means a pass from long distance that has no chance of being completed. Yes I saw that game. That was a normal pass ;)

Name change question

I had my interview in August, went for a name change, got the oath letter on the same day from the counter after the interview. Oath was in front of a judge for all of us in about 6 days from interview date. So, there was no delay due to name change.

Yajiv9:

During the Oath... Did you get the court document saying that have approved the name change?.

Congrats Spiderman!!!!
There was an LUD change on my green card case on Sunday 13th. Hopefully, this means somebody is working on my case...

october 31 data for chicago

Completions: 1,943
Awaiting customer action: 916
Receipts: 2,219
All Other Pending: 10,701

that means only 20% done and 80% still pending
the process at chicago local office takes 5 months; this data reported on october 31 2009

Finally after waiting for such a long time for the interview letter and the interview date, went through the interview yesterday.
My interview experience listed at the link. It was good to have a smooth interview after a rough start waiting for interview date [105th day since the start of the process]. :D

Good luck to all waiting on the interview letter and hoping a smooth interview for you. :) Now to the green card for spouse. :eek:

For those who are waiting for oath at court next month; expect your oath letter in the coming 4 weeks if for any reason you did not receive the letter, then schedule info pass and find out why did not you receive it; especially for those who are waiting since October and November.

For those who are waiting for oath at court next month; expect your oath letter in the coming 4 weeks if for any reason you did not receive the letter, then schedule info pass and find out why did not you receive it; especially for those who are waiting since October and November.

Thanks. What makes you say that it should arrive in 4 weeks? Just curious.

hi Guju - I noticed that you had a LUD change on your I485 a few days before getting your IL. I wonder if this is the case for everybody. I recently saw a LUD change on my I485 and I am hoping to received an IL soon.. I called the 800 number today and spoke to a 2nd level officer who told me that as of today I am not in queue for an interview... Any thoughts? Thanks!

Journey Over! Now, I can continue to watch the Bears lose and the Cubs for a 100 years till they never get a championship.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Guju - I noticed that you had a LUD change on your I485 a few days before getting your IL. I wonder if this is the case for everybody. I recently saw a LUD change on my I485 and I am hoping to received an IL soon.. I called the 800 number today and spoke to a 2nd level officer who told me that as of today I am not in queue for an interview... Any thoughts? Thanks!

I think that I485 LUD changes when NBC does some sanity check on your 485 or requests the 485 file to be sent to DO. After that they schedule an interview. Wait 2 weeks after your 485 LUD update. I hope you got your IL soon.

Thanks Guju - I think you are right. I called USCIS on Friday and a 2nd officer said the same BS speach that I have to wait and that everything looks fine, but he also mentioned that my file is at NBC where it should be. Maybe, that means they have my A# and everything they need to complete that step of the process and they might be ready to send all that to Chicago and put me in queue for an interview.
I hope I am not imagining this....

Got a pleasant surprise in mail. Yes the OL is here with an OD of 01/14/2010 :) I was not expecting it to arrive so soon (although I was wising for it) given the backlog in Chicago DO for oaths requiring a judge's present. I had requested a name change, hence I did not get my OL right after my interview.
@chicago6789, did your wife receive her OL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a pleasant surprise in mail. Yes the OL is here with an OD of 01/14/2010 :) I was not expecting it to arrive so soon (although I was wising for it) given the backlog in Chicago DO for oaths requiring a judge's present. I had requested a name change, hence I did not get my OL right after my interview.

Congratulations. I'm surprised too because my wife didn't get it yet. She's approved and her case was very simple. We'll wait till the begging of 2010 and then if we don't get it we'll make another infopass appointment.

Interview for my mom

Hello friends,

Finally after talking to INS a couple of times, we have received the interview letter for my mom who is 71 years old. Her Finger prints were not classifiable and were rejected by FBI. When I talked to INS level 2 officer, he said it was being decided whether to have FP again or send her interview letter. Finally, we received it yesterday with interview date on 2/1/2010.
Now that her FP did not go through well, do we need to do anything like a police verification etc and get a conduct certificate etc and go for the interview? Can we go to the local police station and ask for this kind of certificates? Please let me know what we need to do in this case.

Also, my mom is 71 years old and she kind of very nervous about the interview. She read all those 100 questions and can answer well but she is not able to understand their accent and it appears that she does not understand the questions they ask. Please give some help in this regard. What kind of sentences she would be asked to read and write? Anyone who went through this type of experience with their old parents, please share your experience. This will help us a lot and boast her confidence level.

Thanks,

10/07/09 N-400 mailed to AZ
10/12/09 Priority date
10/19/09 Received NOA
10/25/09 Received the FP notice through mail
11/16/09 FP Date and did FP
11/4/09 Called FBI and found that they rejected FP and talked to INS level 2 officer - they said they would decided whether to go for re-FP or interview
12/19/09 Status changed -
12/21/09 Received Interview letter
02/01/10 Interview (at Chicago DO office)

Guju. Did you change your last, first or middle name? My wife she has requested last name change to mine. I'm wondering if changing last name can delay oath more then changing first or middle name.
Thanks,

Guju. Did you change your last, first or middle name? My wife she has requested last name change to mine. I'm wondering if changing last name can delay oath more then changing first or middle name.
Thanks,

I changed my middle name from my father's short name to my father's full name.

Now that her FP did not go through well, do we need to do anything like a police verification etc and get a conduct certificate etc and go for the interview? Can we go to the local police station and ask for this kind of certificates? Please let me know what we need to do in this case.

You may get an interview check list that will ask for the police clearance certificate. If you are not asked for it, I would still recommend that you get the police clearance certificate for your mother from all the jurisdictions she had stayed in the last five years.

In my opinion; just give them 2 more weeks then schedule info pass if 120 days passed since you have recommended for approval then hire a lawyer and take the case to federal court

In my opinion; just give them 2 more weeks then schedule info pass if 120 days passed since you have recommended for approval then hire a lawyer and take the case to federal court

Hi,

My wife just got the OL for 01/19/10. That is a nice Christmas present. Thank you all and I wish you Happy Holiday Season.