Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Here are my details..
04/29/09 : Priority Date
05/05/09 : Checks cashed
05/07/09 : NOA received
05/11/09 : Fingerprint Notices (self and wife) received
05/28/09 : Fingerprint appointments and done
00/00/00 : CFR - Document checklist (yellow letter)
00/00/00 : Interview Letter received
00/00/00 : Interview Date

I went to this ASC last month, tried going there on Saturday as they are open to get it done a week earlier. Desk Receptionist said they will only take you on that day, if you have issues with timing then I could come in anytime during that day.

I ended up going as scheduled and reached there 30 min prior. Door did not open until 8:05am and there were about 10 applicants. Once I was in they made me fill a form, go back in line and will give you a number. I was first one and got done in 15min

Just got the FP notice at the Naperville ASC. When I applied for N-400 a couple of weeks ago, I didn't even know there was an ASC in Naperville, I thought I'd have to go downtown for everything. So this is a nice surprise.

I looked up the address (888 S Route 59) on google maps, which puts it just south of 75th Street on Route 59. I know this can't be true because there's a Costco and a Lowe's there and nothing else.

Does anybody know how busy that ASC is and what are the chances of doing the FP early? I have a trip planned during those days, and would want to do the FP early if the center isn't usually busy (and if they accomodate such requests).

not at all. you should rather read new the civics book. Immigration report showed USCIS has significantly turned around with FBI name checks, they complete normally within 30-45 days.

Today it's five weeks since I had my fingerprints taken. Isn't it to long? Should I be worried?

Thanks ak3130. I just hope I am not in those 2% waiting up to 90 days...
Today is my husbands birthday, he said we are going to get letter as a present for him:) I hope he is right about it:)...

I mailed by N-400 application on 06/09 which was received by AZ lock box on 06/10.
I have not received my receipt or my check was cashed till date. Is this normal?
Thanks

Is there Chicago MAY filers got interview so far? My finger prints done more than 3 weeks no update online and no interview letter?

Is there Chicago MAY filers got interview so far? My finger prints done more than 3 weeks no update online and no interview letter?

I had my FP on 5/19/2009 and still nothing. They say its ok, but I am worried too.
I think we just have to wait:(

Same here!

I mailed by N-400 application on 06/09 which was received by AZ lock box on 06/10.
I have not received my receipt or my check was cashed till date. Is this normal?
Thanks

GadCool, I've felt a little better after reading your thread. USCIS received my N400 application on 06/17. So far, my check hasn't been cashed. I thought it would take only a few days to clear the check. It seems like they actually review the application to make sure everything is filled out before cashing the check.

Since we both file the application around the same time (ok you're a bit ahead of me), please let me know when your check is cashed. I'll do the same :)

Take care

Do they send Check List (Yellow letter) to everyone? Is it good or bad? How long do I have to wait for IL now?

I did fingerprints on 5/6 and just got my document checklist on 6/20. Since then I haven't heard anything about an interview date...

I called USCIS for update on my case. They explained to me, that yellow letter means that everything checked out just fine and I am on waiting list for interview. They don't know how long this is going to take, it depends from how busy Chicago Office is....

On my check list there in only State ID. What should I take for the Interview? Just that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Tomorrow :) Wondering should I take public transport or drive.. any clues on parking situation at USCIS building?

Good luck ak3130! Popolka, I'll keep you posted if I hear anything about an interview date. I hope I hear soon - I'm on hold from making any summer vacation plans...