Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Hello Folks... Just sent N400 for both spouses. checks cleared. IN the copy of the checks i see LIN XXXXX (8 digits) but not 13 digits. how to find our LIN numbers.?

When can we expect to see the Receipt letters.
Thanks

sri-IL,

In my case, I called USCIS 30 days after the check was clear, and the IO verified that the correct receipt number was located on the front of the check. My number run as LIN*00xxxxxxx; and you could call USCIS 30 days after the check is clear and they will transfer you to speak the IO.

My notice was arrive a month later after the check was clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
POST 882 Reply,
Pleasetell me why,
thanks for the info. people were telling that they can see the full LIN number on cheque.. But I see only LIN + 8 digits. I think 08 afterLIN is standard...so another 1 digit after 08 should do the trick..Anyhow. tq

A couple of updates:

One of my friends who has applied in July07 b4 fee increase got his interview on apr 02
another friend who has applied in aug 07 after fee incraese got his interview on apr 24.

FYI

I got my recipt yesterday. standard message says 180 days wait for INterview... One curios thing notices was the Notice says something is missing in application form and will be asked to bring at interview time.

I am applying based on GC , submitted photos and GC copy and cheque. So all 3 are covered. what else they want? anyhow, will wait to see that !

Thanks GUys

Sri-IL

Sri-IL,

My NOA also states that missing documents would be asked to bring at the time of interview. In my case, I believe the missing documents are about the traffice tickects that I stated in N400 application. Otherwise, I cannot think about anything else or like you said, wait and see!

What is NOA

Hi When I got my N400 receipt letter, it states that I will receive an interview letter within 180 days. I have finished FP on 02/29/08 and called FBI soon after. FBI has mentioned that my FP were sent back to USICS. I am hearing that there is another name check from FBI.

Here are my questions.

1. What does it means when my receipt letter says that I will have interview in 180 days.
2. How can get status from FBI name check
3. What is NOA stands for.

Thanks

Hi nandamuru,
This is just from what I have learnt so far and hopefully it helps a tiny little bit :) fingers crossed...
1. I won't hold my breath on the 180 days since the summer backlog is still in progress. My NOA also said "you will be notified within 100 days" and up until now still waiting and counting.
2. FBI check has 2 process:
- first is after the finger printing done then you will be on the name check by FBI in Virginia. You can check @ ph: 304 625 5590 or 304 625 2406
- second is the FBI check in D.C. and this is where the backlog begins... there is no way we can check this, just hope and pray... after that, the result will go to USCIS for continuation.
3. NOA stands for Notice Of Action

INFO regarding walk in FP at naperville,IL ASC

Another Info folks regarding Naperville,IL ASC , yday I was near their facility for some other work and tried for walkin for FP . the lady there said, they are not accepting anymore walkin's whose FP is scheduled for a later date( In fact, what she mean to say is they will not allow to prepone your FP). But she did say, that i can postphone to any time after the scheduled date on a wednesdat/satday afternoon. Also I can walkin on wednesdat/satday afternoon's after schedule date but within 2 weeks of schedule date to get FP done. FYI

So long story short..I came empty handed....:mad:

my case retrieval status failed today. does it mean the IL is on the way? i did an infopass on 3/14 and they said my fbi namecheck had cleared and i was in the queue for the interview. no problems. so this is good news right?

Priority Date 10/1/07
Notice Date 11/7/07
FP done 12/19/07
FBI namecheck cleared 2/28/08
Infopass 3/14/08
IL ???

Hi Bobsmyth,
How can we ask the name check clearance from FBI D.C. Office?

TIA

You can't request the status of your name check from FBI anymore. You must contact USCIS directly and speak with an immigration officer to request the status of your name check.

Any updates from Chicago DO filers??
Just wonder whether ALL June - July 2007 Chicago DO filers have received IL (Interview Letter) yet?

Looking at your timeline, your case processed way faster then others.. Hope you recieve your IL very soon. BTW, IO was right about the interview date as you can see from my timeline. My interview is scheduled in April and I recieved a letter in February.

Conngrats roo724 for your scheduled Interview... one step closer...
I wonder whether Chicago DO has just started OR has almost completed the June-July 2007 file backlog?
Do you know whether or not most of the June-July 2007 filers are scheduled to have interview in April-May 2008 ?
TIA

01-14-08 N-400 sent to NSC (Chicago DO)
01-16-08 N-400 Receiver by USCIS
01-25-08 NOA received

I did not received FP notice yet.....Is this is normal???

Thanks for any advise.

pl call INS and find why?

01-14-08 N-400 sent to NSC (Chicago DO)
01-16-08 N-400 Receiver by USCIS
01-25-08 NOA received

I did not received FP notice yet.....Is this is normal???

Thanks for any advise.

You should have received FP letter. ! If I were you, I will pick the phone and call USCIS ASAP.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for a quick response.

This is my second time I'm applying for naturalization. My first application has been denied because I was short with my continious residence. I made mistake and I filled out application too early. I got decision from USCIS in January 2008 and couple days after I applied again.
Like I said before I received NOA week later and............nothing.

I'm just wondering if maybe somebody had similar situation and can share with me some opinions. Do I have to be fingerprinted again, even my fingerprints are still valid and cleared by FBI on July 2007? If yes, there is something wrong, because I have not received FP notice yet. I called to USCIS and they could not tell me anything, because my case number does not appear online. I will call tomorrow to USCIS and try to talk with IO instead of representative. Maybe he or she will tell me more.
If one of you had similar situation please let me know.

Thank you very much

Conngrats roo724 for your scheduled Interview... one step closer...
I wonder whether Chicago DO has just started OR has almost completed the June-July 2007 file backlog?
Do you know whether or not most of the June-July 2007 filers are scheduled to have interview in April-May 2008 ?
TIA

Actually, as a matter of fact I've seen alot of people getting interview dates in April-May. Most of them are May-July 2007 filers. I also know some of my relatives who applied for their citizenship last month and they got their NOA and FP notice same day in the mail. Something really changed in last 2-3 months as we can see USCIS is moving fast now. I hope everybody hear some good news in their cases