Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

eo23 said:
Are you in the Chicago DO as well? Has your case disappeared yet?

No, eo23, I'm with the Washington,DC DO. I was just browsing around the various treads (Interesting reading!) when I came across your speculation about consecutive numbers. Having some spare time at my hands, I actually looked up +/- 50 case numbers around mine and found no discernible pattern. About 70 of those case numbers had vanished, the remaining 30 are still pending (mine being one of them).

PS: Sorry for mangling your name in my earlier post.

hh137 said:
No, eo23, I'm with the Washington,DC DO. I was just browsing around the various treads (Interesting reading!) when I came across your speculation about consecutive numbers. Having some spare time at my hands, I actually looked up +/- 50 case numbers around mine and found no discernible pattern. About 70 of those case numbers had vanished, the remaining 30 are still pending (mine being one of them).

PS: Sorry for mangling your name in my earlier post.

Yeah I did the same too and you are correct there is no discernible pattern whatsoever.

The best way is to compare with people who applied at the exact same time as that would give you the best gauge.

tderev1 and I had our FP taken on the same day, his case status disappeared but mine hasn't yet, I am keeping my fingers crossed and I will see what happens.

I wish...

that USCIS provided case status through Web Services, and making it easier for IT folks to write a small app that would have automatically pulled case status, and when changed, send a text message/email to them.

It doesn't even use query strings to send ref num that you could store for future page refreshes etc.

scarlethawk said:
Looks like the fourth number before me disappeared yesterday. Hope that means mine is around the corner.

Hopefully that will be the case, there is no trend with the case numbers around me, some have disappeared and some haven't and remember that it does not necessarily mean that they are all in the same DO.

tderev1's interview is November 14th and he had the same FP date as me - there seems to be no trend, I think patience is the only way to go now :)

scarlethawk said:
Looks like the fourth number before me disappeared yesterday. Hope that means mine is around the corner.

Based on prior peoples experience on this thread, the interview letter came anywhere between 4-7 weeks. Usually after disappearance, the interview letter is recieved within a fortnight - thus the case status online should disappear anywhere between 2-5 weeks after FP are taken.

Use this as a gauge at this point. Once it has become out the range (4-7 weeks) than I believe the range should be further extended to 7-12 weeks. After 12 weeks is when a red flag should be raised (i.e. 3 months after FP which there is another thread of discussion for ALL DO's).

Oath completed and applied for Passport

Hello All,

Today I completed by Oath in Chicago (@ 219 S. Dearborn Ave), Reached at 8AM and Judge came at 9 AM, did the oath and shook hands with all the applicants (there are 141 applicants from 42 countries, wow) got the certificate and done by 9:30 . Registered for Vote. Directly went to SSA (just 1-block on W Jackson blvd) to update my SSN with Citizen info. waited for 3 hrs before they called my No.

Took couple of copies of the Nat. Certificate and applied for Passport (regular). Now after I get my passport, I need to get Indian Visa and apply for OCI. Will worry about the OCI process/timings after I come back from India.

Thanks everyone in this fourm for the great information.
Good luck to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
rk1234us said:
Hello All,

Today I completed by Oath in Chicago (@ 219 S. Dearborn Ave), Reached at 8AM and Judge came at 9 AM, did the oath and shook hands with all the applicants (there are 141 applicants from 42 countries, wow) got the certificate and done by 9:30 . Registered for Vote. Directly went to SSA (just 1-block on W Jackson blvd) to update my SSN with Citizen info. waited for 3 hrs before they called my No.

Took couple of copies of the Nat. Certificate and applied for Passport (regular). Now after I get my passport, I need to get Indian Visa and apply for OCI. Will worry about the OCI process/timings after I come back from India.

Thanks everyone in this fourm for the great information.
Good luck to all of you.
what did the SSA do exactly, and what did they ask you as a proof of citizenship?

thanks

Sony2006 said:
what did the SSA do exactly, and what did they ask you as a proof of citizenship?

thanks

I didn't update the SSN details after getting GC, My SSN card there is clause something like "Not allowed to work without INS authorization", Now they will remove that clause and will update the details As Citezen compared to "Non-Immigrant worker (H1)".

Naturalization certificate is the proof, Ofcourse they asked for my ID( driving license), They took my old SSN card and will mail a new card with the same old number.

re: Any new updates for interview letters?

e023,

I got my interview letter yesterday.

PD: Aug 31
Interview Letter received: Oct 4
Interview Date: Nov 14 at 101 W Congress Parkway

inseattle06 said:
e023,

Thats great news! I really hope mine comes soon, my PD was Sep 1st. Did your online status disappear before you received the interview letter?

hey inseatle06

we have exactly the same dates for fingerprinting and for the interview..nice...is this before your 5 years are up or after, cause my 5years will be up one week after my interview and i am hoping that wont be a problem

Last edited by a moderator:
inseattle06 said:
e023,

inseattle06,

did your case number have this format

LIN*0009497xx?

I think you and tderev1's case numbers are part of batches which were received August 31st/September 1st and had a August 31st/September 1st received date ONLINE.

I've noticed that the PD on the notice letters differs from the online status. For example my PD was September 1st yet my case online states that it was received September 5th.

Will keep you guys posted.

interview n400

hey guys, has anyone gone to their interview before the 5 years were up...did they make u come back and do a second interview???

tderev1 said:
hey guys, has anyone gone to their interview before the 5 years were up...did they make u come back and do a second interview???

not tryin to be rude, but why would u even apply if you haven't met all the application requirements? that's just putting yourself out there for no reason.