Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Received an email update that my case has been transferred to the local office for a standard interview. How many does should it take to receive the interview letter?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO: Chicago, IL
7/21/09: N-400 Mailed Phoenix
7/22/09: N-400 Received
7/22/09: Priority Date
7/22/09: NOA date
7/??/09: Check cashed
7/?//09: NOA received
7/30/09: Case Status Updated Incorrectly (Erroneous Mass RFE Issue)
8/04/09: FP notice date(Case status did not get updated)
8/06/09: FP notice received
8/14/09: FP appointment (FP done and cleared)
9/17/09: Online case status changed (interview email)
?/??/09: Yellow Letter received
?/??/09: IL received
?/??/09: IL date
?/??/09: IL received
?/??/09: ID

I never received my yellow letter and IL. It was sent out on 8/27. I called NBC and was told that interview is scheduled on 10/26. I came in with infopass and was told that they can not print one for me. The lady just wrote that I have an interview scheduled on 10/26. She said that should be enough. What else I can do? I think I will just go as what they told me to.

Can someone help me with this question. My oath is scheduled for 09/23/09. Someone told me that sometimes USCIS does not give Naturalization Certificates to some people at the oath ceremony if the certificate is not ready. Is this true? I hope not because it would be horrible because they take your green card at the beginning of the ceremony. If they don't give the cert. then a person will be like a nomad not able to travel or apply for passport. I have read one post from back in 2007 that this happend to a person.

The questions is what should a person do in this situation. Should we insist that the GC be given back till the certificate is produced. Any feedback on this will be helpful.

Thanks.
----------------------------------------------
N400 Sent: 05/27/2009
Priority Date: 05/28/2009
NOA (I-797) Received: 06/06/2009
Finger Print Notice Date: 06/11/2009
Finger Printing Notice Received: 06/13/2009
Finger Printing Appearance Date: 6/25/2009 (Done)
Interview Letter Received: 7/25/2009
Interview Date: 09/17/2009
Oath Letter Received: 09/17/2009 (Passed)
Oath: 09/23/2009

I never received my yellow letter and IL. It was sent out on 8/27. I called NBC and was told that interview is scheduled on 10/26. I came in with infopass and was told that they can not print one for me. The lady just wrote that I have an interview scheduled on 10/26. She said that should be enough. What else I can do? I think I will just go as what they told me to.

Am in the same boat. Got to know my interview date (Oct. 20, 2009). My status changed to SENT TO DO FOR INTERVIEW 2 weeks back. As still hadn't received the interview letter called the USCIS 1-800 #. They said still there is plenty of time for the letter to arrive!

Here's the other thread where I was discussing the possibility of getting INFOPASS appointment for duplicate letter: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=303570 People wrote the INFOPASS does have ability to print the duplicate. So, what did the lady write on?

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
08/25/2009 (Day 26): FP Done (Original Appointment Date: 09/04/2009)
09/05/2009 (Day 37): Online Case Status changes to CASE SENT to DO
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
10/20/2009 (Day 82): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

guys, help me out. I had interview on 17th and passed the test, but did not receive the Oath Letter. Do I supposed to wait in the lobby to pick them up??

saint365, did the IO tell you to wait in the lobby to get your oath letter? If not then did they say it will arrive in the mail? They don't give the oath letter to everyone right after the interview. It will likely come in the mail for you.

saint365, did the IO tell you to wait in the lobby to get your oath letter? If not then did they say it will arrive in the mail? They don't give the oath letter to everyone right after the interview. It will likely come in the mail for you.

Thanks for the reply.

I believe IO tole me I should receive a letter. Either way I went to Immigration office at downtown today to check.

I was told that since I'm changing my name, it will take little longer than everyone else to get a oath ceremony date.

I was told that since I'm changing my name, it will take little longer than everyone else to get a oath ceremony date.
When I asked if changing name will delay the procedure I was told "no".
Did they tell you how long this "little longer" will be?

guys, help me out. I had interview on 17th and passed the test, but did not receive the Oath Letter. Do I supposed to wait in the lobby to pick them up??

do u live in the chicagoland area ?
OP who live in chicagoland get the oath letter on the same day, rest get it in mail, i dont know if changing the name has an impact.

Update

My online status changed to RFE. I'm assuming its the FP notice. It said a notice was mailed yesterday (Sept 22nd)

Here is my timeline:

DO : Chicago, IL

Application sent : 08/14/09
Priority Date : 08/17/09
FP (Done) : 09/16/09
Online Message Changed "Send to local office" : 09/24/09

Hi HDBoy,
What your last update date (LUD) changed after the FP and before the status change? If it did, after how many days, did it change?
Thanks!

do u live in the chicagoland area ?
OP who live in chicagoland get the oath letter on the same day, rest get it in mail, i dont know if changing the name has an impact.

I even consulted with Immigration lawyer about this. changing name will take little longer because I need to go to court in front of judge. They want to gather up as many people as possible then do it once or something. I guess everyone else can just go to places where you can do ceremony...

I double checked with IO at infopass. He looked over my files and told me that there's no problem with my files and it is just waiting for supervisor's approval and court date. I guess it can take up to 90 days...

I know it sucks...but I will constantly check with chicago office.

Let me know if I'm wrong or something. :)