Chicago DOL tracker-Part 6

CP vs AOS

Here\'re pros and cons I can think of about CP and AOS.
CP:
pros:
waiting period is shorter. If your PD is current, you probably can have an interview within 6 months after I-140 approval.
cons:
travel expenses. you need to take a vacation to go back to your country.
you don\'t have a chance to appeal on the decision made by a consul however, a consul doesn\'t have authority to deny your application unless he/she finds a hard evidence.

AOS:
pros:
You have a chance to appeal.
You don\'t need to leave this country.
cons:
The process takes longer.
The immigration officer can deny the case based on some suspicion.(This is my understanding)

If your records (immigration, criminal, and medical) are clear and your PD is current, CP is a better way to go.

To dipc,
I heard there was a beard guy in Montreal who criticizes applications if I remember correctly. Please check CP thread and see if he is still there.
And I think at the time of filing I-140 there\'s no difference b/w CP and AOS except the section you need to specify CP or AOS. So please ask your attorney to prepare for your I-140 and any supporting docs and to specify CP in I-140 form.

Small suggestion from me Tung Fong

1. Better opt for CP in I-140.
You can later change to AOS after I-140 approval. For this you need not do anything just file AOS after I-140.
But if you opt for AOS and after I-140 you want to go for CP you have to file I-824(I am not sure whether this is the correct form no!!!), which will take you some time.
This is the information i got from my attorney and i am doing the same.
2. Attorney said only non-immigirant visa has much scurtiny as of now.
No problem with CP if your papers are right and you have all that is needed.
Hope this helps you out.

I got the same answer too.

I have also received the same answers. I don\'t know yet if I am going for a CP but I have asked my lawyer to specify it on my I-140 (LC not yet aproved).

pulo

Has been Certified and More updates

My dear friends,

I\'m very grateful and thankful for all your help and answers. Kumar, Ssuresh, Pulo and Choa Choa others has help a lot.

I\'m happy to inform you that my case 53997XX RD 08-10-01 has been approved. It seems it was approved back on 11/28/01 but it did was not listed on the system that day.

Here are some updates :-

Case # RD AD
53995XX 8/8/01 Denied
53996XX 8/8/01 Denied
53997XX 8/10/01 11/28/01
53998XX 8/13/01 8/30/01
53999XX 8/15/01 9/4/01
54000XX 8/30/01 9/13/01

For all those who are still waiting, I encourage you to continue to be patient as your dya will come sooner or later.

I sincerely hope that my service here has been helpful to others and someone will continue to post updates in this board after I head for the I140 thread.

I guess now it time for me to wait for hardcopy. God bless and good luck all!.

Sincerely,

TungFong

Congratulation TungFong and think you

We all think you for the information and insights you\'ve provided on this thread. Congratulation again and good luck. We hope you\'re going to be among the lucky who\'ve received their receite in less than a month.

pulo.

Congratulatios TungFong

I recently came to know about this forum and find it very helpful. Thank you all.
My case is also approved on 11/28.
/case 05397XX AD 11/28
Please post when you get your hard copy.

Great news TungFong

What are the last two entries in your mail. U mean they are processing 08/30/01 RD applications. What was the AD then, not 09/13, I am sure !

Congrats!

Congrats Tungfong! Good luck with I-140.
dipc: Those approvals were from September-they must have had \'limited review status. You can find info about them in the old thread.

No Title

Address your email to lcstatus05@doleta.gov and in the email body just type in "Employer Phone: (555)555-5555" Do not type anything else.Even if your request format is wrong you\'ll get a return reply telling you the correct format of the email msg.

Answer to dpic

Hello

DPIC : I sort the cases posting by case #, not a good way but that\'s how I started. Hence, it might be a bit confusing. But Kumar is correct I think the last 2 case are indeed Limited Review cases.

TungFong

DOL is processing 054000xx cases of IT

Hi ALl,

When I randomly checked cases ,I found that DOL has approved on DEC4th , cases of AUg 22nd 054000xx with DOT codes030-162.014 & cases of aug 27th with dot code 030-162.014..

That means there are approx 1700 cases between aug 22nd and oct 22nd.(based on my case number - 054017XX dt oct22). By seeing a speed of 100 cases/day, may be by 17 days we may see some result ?????

Any opinions pl.........

Approved 63 Days ago and hardcopy eludes

My case was approved on 10/4. hardcopy not recieved yet.
I called the DOL last week, they said that they would send it in couple of days... no sight of it yet..
And I wait for it...

100 cases a day processed is too optimistc.

The DOL processing (for IT related cases, slow process time) speed does not only depend on the past cases but also on future cases.
The MIGHT process more than 100 cases a day but the processing speed is not cross all the Job categories.

pulo.

SESA IL Contact

You can call 312-793-6807. This is the telephone number of SESA IL. Case inquires and general inquiries can be made on this telephone #.

Good luck

Bapa

No Title

Hi Tungfong,
  Do you have an estimate as to how many cases chicago Dol do in a month or in a day or something. They are now around 05400000 and my case number is 054025xx so around 2500 cases need to be done before me. RD is nov 15. do you have any rough estimate as to when it may be done. just curious. have you heard about till when priority date will remain current.
Thanks.
Amit.

Estiamating DOL Processing

Chicago DOL : Well, you ask a tricky questions. From my analysis earlier this year, DOL process "on average" about 100 plus case a day.
So thru logical deduction you can say your case proabably need another 25 to 30 days.

However, in my case, there are a lot of cases before mine that are still pending, namely a friend of mine who makes tons of money as Programmer in a fortune 500 firm filed his RIR LCA like 2 months before I did are still waiting. On the other hand, I also saw some cases whom are after mine being approved, which are not RIR nor Limited review cos of thier DOT ( I don\'t think if you\'re Janitorial Supervisor or cook warrant Limited review).

Hence, thru my (Unscientific) research, I came up with the following conculsion :-

1.) DOT code is the most important factor in dol processing. Case number and AD are not very good indicator.
2.) IT DOT are actually being scrutinized more as cooks and janirotial supervisor got approval faster than programmers and sys analyst.
3.) Company layoffs and number of petitions. If company has an substaintial layoffs then your case will be look into more carefully. Same goes with company with lots of petitions.
4.) Foreign-American labor ratios. I believe the high the ratio of foreign-american labor in a company the harder it\'s gets. Only less than 2% of our staff are foreigners.
5.) Depends on which officer is working on your case. Some are pretty good, some are lazy bump and probably and hopefully not so, are sorta dislike foreign labors.

Hopes this helps.

TungFong

Thanks for Info

Hi Tungfong, unfortunately i am also in a programmer with a medium sized software company so mine may take time too. only good thing is that we also don\'t have too many foreign workers so DOL has\'nt seen too much applications from our company. but i am getting the gut feeling is that mine case will take a long time cause holiday season is comming and also i think the job situation in IT may not improve in the near future and so DOL may go slow. Are you in software too.
Thanks for your info though.
Amit.

Hardcopy

Just wanted to let you guys know that 3-4 people from my company got their hardcopies after 3 days.This is amazing.
Greencardaspirer, did you get your\'s yet ?